Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Mar 2009, 07:47 (Ref:2418970)   #101
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by helterskelter View Post
the Leon looks more consistent while the BMW seems to have better peaks of performance during the race but has more difference in between the laps, which may also explain why BMW often set the fastest lap.
You could be onto something there. It's usually assumed RWD has a big advantage over a race with tire performance, but ETCC definitely showed that the Yokohama tire is VERY resilient and enables FWD cars to keep pushing throughout the race without much problems. So maybe eg the fact that it takes longer for RWD to reach optimal temp with the Yokos is a factor?

Quote:
it might be fun for you
No it wont :P
Throwing together a spreadsheet to calculate some statistics is quick and easy. But copying every laptime for ever car for every race from 2008 into a spreadsheet is monotonous and boring. I would only do that much boring work if I eg was a reporter doing original research work for an article I get payed for.

Quote:
I agree with Winchester, the races are a bit too short. I wouldn't switch to the three races, but making them 20% longer (60km races) would give major benefits to the show, i believe.
Agreed, and I absolutely loved the 2x longer 1 race format STCC had the last few years (sadly, IMO, they are back to WTCC format this year). It really added a lot of tactics and tire conservation skills into the mix. But if you want to keep 2 races, IMO, instead of 2 equally long races, the A1GP format of 1 sprint and 1 longer race is the way to go. That really tests both the team and driver skills in setting up and executing 2 races with completely different circumstances.
Old 19 Mar 2009, 19:02 (Ref:2419571)   #102
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
helterskelter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stedevil View Post
You could be onto something there. It's usually assumed RWD has a big advantage over a race with tire performance, but ETCC definitely showed that the Yokohama tire is VERY resilient and enables FWD cars to keep pushing throughout the race without much problems. So maybe eg the fact that it takes longer for RWD to reach optimal temp with the Yokos is a factor?
That would mean that the BMWs are faster towards the end of the race, which just isn't. Surely the BMWs have problems in heating the tyres correctly, but it's not useful for what we are discussing, I believe.
TBH I can't find a decent answer to this behaviour of the BMWs, we'd need some more data to find the answer.
Old 22 Mar 2009, 18:07 (Ref:2422120)   #103
V8thunderfan
Rookie

Wales
Vale of Glamorgan
V8thunderfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AX lover View Post
Are there any Lada fans here? I always like to support the underdog, especially when a Dutchman is driving for them
Yeah me dude, I have always liked to be a bit diffrent and like you say back the underdog.

I think its great Lada is putting so much effort into the WTCC, its great to see during the sort of issues the motor industry is facing.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 03:01 (Ref:2422400)   #104
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2 more race wins for SEAT - good to see BMW push them all the way...