Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Feb 2011, 13:08 (Ref:2835170)   #1
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
skunk-works LMP hybrid slot???...

Hi Folks - I seem to remember reading some sort of ACO announcement a few weeks back that the ACO are seriously thinking about allowing a "skunk-works" hybrid technology that lies well outside the current rule book to compete in the LMP class at the big race........but for 2011 nothing is ready from the manufaccturers, so they are considering letting manufacturers make some proposals for 2012........or something along those lines.........was the 100% battery powered courage also something to do with this???........I'm struggling to believe that the ACO will recognise that as its not manufacturer based........but on the flip side the ACO have let Hope Racing enter with a Lehman-Flybrid-Oreca LMP1 package, which is very much a privateer entry - best of luck to them by the way!

I'm trying to make a few suggestions to the hybrid company that I work for, hence I just wanted to clarify a few things first - your help appreciated in advance!
Old 22 Feb 2011, 14:00 (Ref:2835198)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They were to allow an extra car for this year. It could be from outside the current four classes, provided it demonstrated some kind of "green" technology. No cars were selected however, and instead the "extra" grid slot was given to a regular team, albeit one with the KERS technology.
Old 22 Feb 2011, 14:02 (Ref:2835200)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
The 56th pit was biult , and the rumour was that Courage would be the team to return with a full electric car . Havent heard a peep about that for over half a year , so I reckon its done .

Was hoping to see that new Porsche Gt car ..... or possibily their hybrid .

They should build another 14 pits I reckon !!! The track is big enough to handle 70 cars .
Old 22 Feb 2011, 14:39 (Ref:2835216)   #4
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
They should build another 14 pits I reckon !!! The track is big enough to handle 70 cars .
Yeah I'd love for that to happen, dunno where they'd put them though! I'm not very familiar with the pits at Le Mans, but I think they already filled up pretty much the entire length of the pit straight with relatively small pit boxes?

Too bad that there's no really revolutionary "thinking outside of the box" green technology, although hybrid cars is already a nice move
Old 22 Feb 2011, 15:08 (Ref:2835228)   #5
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
thanks gents that clears things up a great deal, so it could be any class - even better, thats a wise move from the ACO as it will allow any manufacturer to rock up with something "off the wall".......I'm trying desperatley to put something together with a manufacturer and I recently got the attention of a certain OEM who appears to be making all the right noises and asking the right questions........believe me when I tell you every concievable member of my body is crossed in hope - watch this space!!!
Old 22 Feb 2011, 15:12 (Ref:2835230)   #6
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Best of luck with your endevors mate ..... hope it bears fruit .

Can I have a spin ?
Old 22 Feb 2011, 15:36 (Ref:2835235)   #7
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
The 56th pit was biult , and the rumour was that Courage would be the team to return with a full electric car . Havent heard a peep about that for over half a year , so I reckon its done .

Was hoping to see that new Porsche Gt car ..... or possibily their hybrid .

Why only 70? Certainly by FIA track rating formula, Le Mans' allowed grid is far greater than that.
Old 22 Feb 2011, 15:39 (Ref:2835237)   #8
The Badger
Veteran

Cuz 70 is a lot more than 56 for a start . Issue is where you could have more pits . I cant see much more pits being available on the pit straight .

I always thought that they could build a new GT2 pit complex down where they had the old signal pits , or possibily somewhere else ?