Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 20 Jan 2003, 20:12 (Ref:480377)   #1
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fly/GBTrack Slot cars queries

Whilst the cars look amazing, I've often thought of buying some.
They are expensive, ranging from £25-£50, and I wondered whether they compare in terms of speed and drivability to Scalextrics, SCX, Ninco, etc, or whether you pay for the quality and detail?

If they are, then i shall certainly get some.

My dad is moving my Scalextrics upstairs into the loft so I'm gonna have a decent track up there, and thought I might invest in some.
Old 21 Jan 2003, 09:00 (Ref:480836)   #2
Gnomex
Veteran

Gnomex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi pirenzo - I have been buying Fly slot cars for some years now. The cars have amazing detail and Fly produce models that none of the more major manufacturers would touch. The quality is very good and most of the cars have a transverse motor just ahead of the rear axle - this together with a good magnet gives excellent roadholding. The cars are fully compatible with Scalextric track - just put one on and see it Fly! Performance is probably better than Scalex or SCX. Buy one - you won't regret it.
Old 21 Jan 2003, 13:46 (Ref:481052)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Gnomex, i'll get a couple then. I'm glad that they're fully compatible with scalextrics, since with Ninco I had to file down the guide blade to get them to run smoothly, without and annoying clicking as the blade hit the bottom of the rail
Old 10 Feb 2003, 21:31 (Ref:502732)   #4
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ive just been on http://www.flymodelcars.com/ and I wanna get a Fly car! They look amazing, one I have my eye on right now is the "Spirit of America" Panoz LMP1. But those limited editions looks superb, I really like the Porche 197 with the crash damage - brilliant! But those kinda ones cost yp to £100.....eek.
Old 10 Feb 2003, 22:26 (Ref:502796)   #5
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I prefere the old cars, particularly the 908 spyders. But have you seen the corvette C5-R?, £44 at my grandads local modelshop
Old 12 Feb 2003, 13:30 (Ref:504418)   #6
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not only do Fly models work well on any track, given the right model, there is a healthy collectors market for them
www.scalemodels.co.uk
Old 22 Feb 2003, 06:27 (Ref:513947)   #7
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are always Fly slot cars availble on e-bay; often at a price considerably cheaper than at shops. I have purchased some of the older 908s as "new old stock" for about $20 US plus post..