Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 May 2008, 16:51 (Ref:2205656)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
When opening a race new race meeting thread .

Hi folks

Please ..... the next person to open a "new" race meeting thread , can they please also post all relavant links , such as live timing , video stream and RLM links .
It used to be done like that last year , it just makes it easier for everybody else instead of having to go through pages of posts .

Thank you
Old 18 May 2008, 20:52 (Ref:2205837)   #2
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed on that one, good shout.

Maybe the mods should create a thread with just one post, with generic links?

say just:

www.fiagt.com
www.gt1live.tv
www.lemans-series.com
www.americanlemans.com
www.radiolemans.com

Just a thought.
Old 18 May 2008, 23:32 (Ref:2206002)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
It was perfect last year ..... whoever opened the thread , also included all relavant links on the first page .
Old 19 May 2008, 12:00 (Ref:2206384)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, good point. I find it usefull too, and it is good for everyone to get involved. It is nice to have the specific links for that race.

I don't think we can have one thread with generic links, to work it would need to be a hot topic and we have quite enough of those at present.

Thanks Badger and minimangler for the feedback.
Old 19 May 2008, 17:14 (Ref:2206625)   #5
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, it would be nice to have all the pertinent links in the first post of the RACE threads. Something like this;

LMS

LMS site
Grid line up w/times
Hindy or Embedded (if there is a seperate vid link)
Live T&S

ALMS

Back to the road courses.
From the high desert of the Great Basin.
The ALMS...Larry H. Miller Dealerships
Utah Grand Prix

Schedule
Entry List
Track Map
Timing and Scoring
Hindy @ RLM
IMSA site
Satellite How current?

L.P.
Old 19 May 2008, 17:35 (Ref:2206641)   #6
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
We should have the Official American Le Mans Series hub fully operational for the next event. It contains links to Timing & Scoring, Event Schedule, Radio Le Mans, entry, track map, and the ALMS Spotters Guide. I'll post the event from now on, with the hub, if that works for everyone.
Old 19 May 2008, 17:46 (Ref:2206648)   #7
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Works for me!

L.P.
Old 19 May 2008, 21:44 (Ref:2206849)   #8
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
How about we make Horndawg official race thread starter?

I like the colours
Old 19 May 2008, 22:17 (Ref:2206873)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
How about we make Horndawg official race thread starter?
If he would except , that would be cool . But maybe for just the ALMS rounds , cuz he's one of them !!!
Old 19 May 2008, 22:55 (Ref:2206895)   #10
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Hi folks

Please ..... the next person to open a "new" race meeting thread , can they please also post all relavant links , such as live timing , video stream and RLM links .
Problem with stream links is that the exact one often doesn't become available until it starts up.
Old 21 May 2008, 15:45 (Ref:2208387)   #11
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye
Problem with stream links is that the exact one often doesn't become available until it starts up.
The link to Eurosport's embedded player is permament, but the actual stream must be on before an external link can be provided. LMS streams have started circa 45 minutes before race start. I posted how I got the mms url in Spa thread:
"Once you get the stream running on Eurosport's page, check its properties (by right clicking on it) for html-url and copy-paste it into VLC player. Now looking at "media info" in VLC you can see the mms-url."
Many seem to have problems with the embedded player. For me it shows a black screen in IE, but works fine in Firefox and Opera

Alternative Live T&S for LMS and LM can be found at ris-timing.be
Old 22 Jul 2008, 20:07 (Ref:2256133)   #12
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Hi folks

It used to be done like that last year , it just makes it easier for everybody else instead of having to go through pages of posts .

Thank you

It seems that this needs a bump.

L.P.
Old 22 Jul 2008, 22:36 (Ref:2256230)   #13
The Badger
Veteran

Yeah ...... it was going fairly well indeed , cheers for that dawgy .

What about it mods ? ..... anyway of keeping the start of a race meeting thread informative regurlarly ?
Old 24 Jul 2008, 18:03 (Ref:2257299)   #14
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Just leave it to one or two people. I don't mind handling FIA GT if people want me to.

Horndawg for ALMS?
And then someone for LMS?
Old 27 Jul 2008, 05:50 (Ref:2258381)   #15
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hi folks

Thank you

Little bit dictatorial..?

Seriously, do folk find it too much effort to click a mouse?
Old 27 Jul 2008, 06:31 (Ref:2258388)   #16
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid Cat

Hmm, a little bit histrionic..?

Some find it to much of an effort to include helpful links in an easy to find location for all?

L.P.
Old 27 Jul 2008, 07:02 (Ref:2258403)   #17
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid Cat

Dictatorial .... it certainly isnt ..... Just common sense ...... which appears is not so common after all !!!

Maybe you havent been around long enough to see how well put together and informative some race threads are , plus some people dont have the know how , or the time to go trolling through the internet .

I didnt see anybody else crib about my post , did you ?
Old 27 Jul 2008, 19:39 (Ref:2258627)   #18
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
And as long as we are putting things out there. A Race Thread being started more than say, a week to 10 days, can become rather unwieldy. Example the Spa race thread is at 20 pages with a week yet until the race! For some people with lower capabilities (connection speed, etc..) it is very inconvenient to start race day with such a high volume in the thread. A non-race, event specific, thread farther out would suffice without creating a monster for race day. Just an idea by the way, as I would hate it for this to be thought of as being dictitorial!

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 27 Jul 2008 at 19:41.
Old 27 Jul 2008, 20:23 (Ref:2258641)   #19
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
However...

Most folk on the forum are regulars and, it is reasonable to expect, will know the supplementary links anyway - indeed have them as bookmarks perhaps?

But, consider if a new member (and by that someone who is new to the events under discussion) posts a new race thread, is he/she gonna irrevocably alter the life chances of more "senior" posters for not following the dictat?

Nothing personal to all the great people that post here. Heck, some of you might even go to church...
Old 27 Jul 2008, 20:28 (Ref:2258643)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree with that, we must all be welcoming to newbies. We were all newbies once.
Not that I have a solution to all this, advantages and disadvantages to all. However, remember, if you need some help from a mod with any of this just ask. We'll see what we can do. Perhaps a new thread when the race weekend arrives, or an edit to a post...
Old 27 Jul 2008, 21:26 (Ref:2258680)   #21
rayburn
Racer

United Kingdom
rayburn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I totally agree with the OP, it would be good for people like me who float in and out of this forum (lots of other interests as well...), to be able to pick up on all the relevant links without searching through pages and pages of posts, with the race about to start.

Thanks to all who make the effort to share those links with us.
Old 27 Jul 2008, 23:23 (Ref:2258729)   #22
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
I agree with that, we must all be welcoming to newbies. We were all newbies once.
Not that I have a solution to all this, advantages and disadvantages to all. However, remember, if you need some help from a mod with any of this just ask. We'll see what we can do. Perhaps a new thread when the race weekend arrives, or an edit to a post...
Then why not post a hot topic (closed) with a guide/etiquette of a race day thread that includes the request that it include most pertinent links and give an example/guide of what the main links are. And yes I realize that the series are different but if you post, for example, the links for ALMS races (as I believe it has the most permanant links) it will give a good example of what to look for in links for each series. And also a time frame in which to post said thread so that it does not become a Leviathan on race day.

This would help the newbies in the formulation of a Race Day thread.

And as to the consideration of new members, I have myself pm'ed new members who have posted new race threads and politely showed them how several of us have posted them in the past with the links and mentioned the time frame for manageability purposes along with pointing out this thread and it did not seem to offend them!

This all harkens to a variation of Shakespeare's Hamlet; act 3, scene 2, line 230 methinks!

L.P.
Old 28 Jul 2008, 09:08 (Ref:2258835)   #23
The Badger
Veteran

Oh yeah ..... which line is that then mate ?

Im intrigued to say the least ..... and quite ignorant when it comes to Shakespear , among other things !!!
Old 29 Jul 2008, 14:17 (Ref:2259643)   #24
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
I like the idea of a hot topic with all the main links, then just entry lists and timetables to be added to a raceday thread.