Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 Jun 2012, 13:15 (Ref:3090837)   #101
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt View Post
I suppose that's true, might be the right time with greater Japanese involvement in Le Mans.
sincerly this seems more an oreca/nissan affair... i'm sure that all lmp2 that will run in this champ will be oreca 03 powered by nissan VK45 (or the mazda new diesel engine that surely will be used also by other lmp2 teams in 2013). I think that there will be a really poor presence of gte cars (the only cars that i have in mind now are the 458GT of jim gainer or the old vantage gt2 of triple-A team) while the presence of gtc (gt3) cars will be massive with almost all teams that run gt3 cars in asian gt and gt300 involved in this new competition.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 13:15 (Ref:3090838)   #102
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt View Post
Asian Le Mans Series (beating a dead horse?)

6 races in 2013
P2, GTE, LMPC, GTC
3 hour races in first season, 4 hour races after that
At least 1 asian driver per team
Pro-Am drivers
That's good news, but they'll have to fight for attention against Super GT and GT Asia. Of course, if they're struggling with grid numbers, the Asian Le Mans Series can invite teams from these series.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 13:24 (Ref:3090843)   #103
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
sincerly this seems more an oreca/nissan affair... i'm sure that all lmp2 that will run in this champ will be oreca 03 powered by nissan VK45 (or the mazda new diesel engine that surely will be used also by other lmp2 teams in 2013). I think that there will be a really poor presence of gte cars (the only cars that i have in mind now are the 458GT of jim gainer or the old vantage gt2 of triple-A team) while the presence of gtc (gt3) cars will be massive with almost all teams that run gt3 cars in asian gt and gt300 involved in this new competition.

Well, Mazda probably has the Skyactive-D coming into P2 and HPD still have their block, so there is potential for this being more than just another Nissan show.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 13:36 (Ref:3090853)   #104
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sure, maybe HPD can deliver one or maybe two arx-03b chassis to some team, but an army like the 03 is unrealistic. I doubt that will be some zytek or oak morgan.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 13:40 (Ref:3090857)   #105
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
sure, maybe HPD can deliver one or maybe two arx-03b chassis to some team, but an army like the 03 is unrealistic. I doubt that will be some zytek or oak morgan.
How about they invite Riley to make a LMP2 car, using their DP tub as a base.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 13:44 (Ref:3090860)   #106
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
A DP doesn't even have a 'tub'....

Quote:
I think if they can get 5-7 P2s for the first year, it'll be a success.

And if it is to be 5 Nissans and 2 HPD, that's alright by me, though I really think Mazda will have a P2 engine next year as well.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 13:52 (Ref:3090864)   #107
MagVanisher
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
A DP doesn't even have a 'tub'....
Okay, but it would be nice if Riley can make a LMP2 car... Still, will the series have GT3 cars?
Old 14 Jun 2012, 13:54 (Ref:3090865)   #108
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Still, will the series have GT3 cars?
Going by the last ACO races in Asia and their recent admission to GTC in ELMS, I'd say yes.

As for Riley, they'll built a P2 when they can make money with it. And right now, I guess, they are pretty happy with the Viper gig.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 15:37 (Ref:3090905)   #109
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
My only question is: how many of the 6 races will happen?
Old 14 Jun 2012, 16:04 (Ref:3090924)   #110
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More information in Endurance-Info: http://endurance-info.com/version2/a...nce-11383.html

Four (!) races in China, a single race in Japan and a possible race elsewhere (maybe in Indonesia, though I doubt it).
Old 14 Jun 2012, 16:53 (Ref:3090947)   #111
MagVanisher
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Abobeleira View Post
More information in Endurance-Info: http://endurance-info.com/version2/a...nce-11383.html

Four (!) races in China, a single race in Japan and a possible race elsewhere (maybe in Indonesia, though I doubt it).
Would it be nice if they could stage a race in the Philippines...

Singapore would be nice, but is there a suitable venue to stage a race? I think the Marina Bay Street Circuit is not suitable for a 3-4 hour race.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 17:05 (Ref:3090957)   #112
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
Would it be nice if they could stage a race in the Philippines...

Singapore would be nice, but is there a suitable venue to stage a race? I think the Marina Bay Street Circuit is not suitable for a 3-4 hour race.
Do the Philippines have a suitable circuit?

I think any F1 circuit except Monaco could acommodate endurance racing too.

DSC say the sixth race is likely to be at Sentul, Indonesia.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 17:27 (Ref:3090980)   #113
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would have thought there would be room for at least 2 races in Japan. What about Malaysia as a venue as Lotus ownership is based there and Malaysia seems to have a growing motorsport following.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 17:31 (Ref:3090984)   #114
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
let me get this straight. On one day, the ACO announced a new Asian series in 2013 and new regulations for LMPs in 2014?

Something there doesn't add up unless I'm mistaken and new regs only affect P1 cars? Which could well be the case, haven't read that thread in detail yet.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 18:26 (Ref:3091014)   #115
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, the new 2014 rules are for LMP1 only. At least the part that was released today.

Races in China and Japan? That's solving the mystery of the new languages that lemans.org is available in Hopefully the series will work.

Are they going to trim GTC-eligible GT3s to be clearly slower than GTE cars?
Old 14 Jun 2012, 19:48 (Ref:3091046)   #116
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
The closest to a suitable circuit in the Philippines would be Batangas Racing Circuit. I would think the place already has FIA Grade 3 certification, or possibly a low Grade 2 certification. The track has extensive concrete walls, steel guard rails, tire barriers, and noticeable run-offs at key points. It also has the red and white FIA curbing in the corners. The extended circuit is 3.5km (2.175 miles).
Old 14 Jun 2012, 21:28 (Ref:3091109)   #117
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
Okay, but it would be nice if Riley can make a LMP2 car... Still, will the series have GT3 cars?
Yes, it would be nice if it got built.
www.rileytech.com/PDF/MkXXV_LMP2.pps

and I am guessing that the GTC class in the AsLMS will include GT3's
Old 15 Jun 2012, 06:18 (Ref:3091256)   #118
MagVanisher
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Do the Philippines have a suitable circuit?
Their tracks are not suitable at the moment... Unless the government wants to stage a race, they need a hefty sum of money to either make one or rehabilitate the Clark International Speedway.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 08:00 (Ref:3091287)   #119
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I would have thought there would be room for at least 2 races in Japan. What about Malaysia as a venue as Lotus ownership is based there and Malaysia seems to have a growing motorsport following.
Yes, they should race in Msia. Would also be a nice holiday trip and the track is next to the airport in KL
Old 21 Jun 2012, 14:33 (Ref:3095990)   #120
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Did I read Sentul? They say the universe has a great sense of humour. That sometimes having your dreams come true can feel like a nightmare. Because getting what you want always comes with strings attached. Last time GP2 were in Sentul they ripped off the asphalt.
Old 21 Jun 2012, 15:06 (Ref:3096002)   #121
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
A1GP seemed to handle the place alright. Also, LMP1s won't be in the AsLMS, so surface deterioration shouldn't be as much of an issue.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 18:23 (Ref:3097916)   #122
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So I read that they're initially expecting a 15-car ish grid... an that's in four classes... ... well at least they're being semi-realistic about something this time round.

Funny to see ACO bashing ALMS all the time, as well as ignoring ELMS in favour of their "prestigious" world championship, yet they still wanna hold on to this AsLMS thingie that has been relaunched 666 times already and that always fails miserably. Which will happen with this one too.

Four Chinese races itself makes me question the mentality of the organizers... and just one in Japan, I was hoping for Okayama comeback
Old 25 Jun 2012, 18:53 (Ref:3097933)   #123
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
So I read that they're initially expecting a 15-car ish grid... an that's in four classes... ... well at least they're being semi-realistic about something this time round.

Funny to see ACO bashing ALMS all the time, as well as ignoring ELMS in favour of their "prestigious" world championship, yet they still wanna hold on to this AsLMS thingie that has been relaunched 666 times already and that always fails miserably. Which will happen with this one too.

Four Chinese races itself makes me question the mentality of the organizers... and just one in Japan, I was hoping for Okayama comeback
It's called over obsession with money and market analysis.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 19:03 (Ref:3097939)   #124
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
With only a 15-car grid, they'd make the F1 tracks (Shanghai and Sepang) look VERY empty.

I suppose, if they avoid Shanghai, they could use these in China:
Zhuhai
Guangdong
Goldenport Chengdu (not Beijing)
Ordos

For Japan, either Sugo or Aida (Okayama) probably makes the most sense.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 20:09 (Ref:3098004)   #125
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

yes the almspresentedbytequilapatrón is sooooo much better, dozens of challange cars, and there will be a really cool delta wing subclass soon, H-powered lmpc; really a world class green racing series! presented by tequila patrón before I forget