Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Oct 2001, 23:08 (Ref:157279)   #1
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Brands Hatch thoughts

Regular readers will know the 'thoughts' thread is my chance to give you a personal view of what happened over the race weekend. I've missed posting something the last few races so time to start again.

Brands Hatch
It rained, a lot

Seriously though, a proper post when I've dried out, warmed up and had a decents night's sleep

Last edited by redshoes; 7 Oct 2001 at 23:09.
Old 8 Oct 2001, 00:28 (Ref:157305)   #2
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, it rained that badly. I was listening to the sprint race on Toca radio online, and I have to admit, it was pretty exciting, especially when Muller tried to pass Plato at Paddock, and when the laps were going by with Reid in the lead. It's too bad I didn't find out about Toca radio until the final round, because I would have listened to many other races, but oh well, there's always next year.

By the way, who does the commentary for the races on Toca radio, and who does the pit-lane commentary? Thanks.
Old 8 Oct 2001, 08:14 (Ref:157357)   #3
pb btcc
Veteran

pb btcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Radisichrox

By the way, who does the commentary for the races on Toca radio, and who does the pit-lane commentary? Thanks.
Ian Titchmarsh does the track commentary and ALAN HYDE does the pit-lane commentary hope this helps
Old 8 Oct 2001, 14:25 (Ref:157477)   #4
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Oh, okay, thanks. If i'm not mistaken it is the same Alan Hyde that is registered on this forum?
Old 8 Oct 2001, 15:09 (Ref:157498)   #5
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, that's the same Alan Hyde.

I'd say it was as wet as Knockhill PowerTour this year, and although the rain was heavier in Scotland on the Saturday, it didn't have Brands' wind and cold.
The feature race in three words:
Cold, wet, long.

Oh, and dark towards the end.

6 Seconds short of an hour for Phil Bennett, and all of it while we were squelching.
Old 8 Oct 2001, 17:32 (Ref:157541)   #6
Tim.Lad
Racer

Tim.Lad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm a very wet ending to the season does any one know why we where keep waiting so long I have a stinking cold now, did anyone else get stuck in the m25 traffic I personally got home this morning at 2am, I was a killer drive, then when I checked this morning the my Tivo hadn’t recorded the Donington coverage coz my brother had turn my sky box of !!!!

Can any one supply me with a copy ???
Old 8 Oct 2001, 21:53 (Ref:157791)   #7
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crikey - where to start???

- RAIN. RAIN. MORE RAIN.

- 12 in a camper van

- Pitlane walkabout and the trophy presentation

- Mental sprint race, a fantastic drive for Anthony Reid, and the sense of pride as the national anthem rang out for his win

- Hyla's topsy turvy race

- John, Paul and Annie's rain dance in the pitlane

- It's ... DAN EAVES waving to us

- The mentions on the radio - thanks Alan and Ian

- MGs pulling off

- John disappearing from the race

- Muller's car on fire!!

- Waiting, shivering, for the feature race to finish. Did you know that if you stand still long enough the water in your boots warms up

- John's antics after the race

- Podium celebrations!!

- Emotional goodbyes in the B&Q (well, Maxi Jazz!) awning.

- A long, surreal drive home trying to take it all in, feeling elated, but ever so sad that the season was over.

- A disturbed night's sleep dreaming BTCC-related things - only some of which did actually happen

Did I miss anything?

Once again, thank you thank you thank you to everyone, ESPECIALLY John and Alan for making this THE best season ever, and for being so very kind and generous to all of us - keep in touch over the winter, and here's to next year!
Old 10 Oct 2001, 17:26 (Ref:158649)   #8
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was just going to post this on the trackside forum ... but after maisie's reply I think it should go here ........

My first reply since I have got warm and dry!Hi ya folks .... I think I have just recovered from the weekend.

Firstly my mobile is now working ...yippee.
Secondly is it really all over for the BTCC this year

I had a wonderful weekend at Brands, we had the most lovely weather ....... Was wondering should we all dress as ducks when we return next year?

My favourite bits were ........
· Listening to Paul O’Neill achieving pole ….. (How much was I cheering? …… and then watching Lorna give him a hug p)
· Hyla Breeze achieving Pole … lots more cheering.
· Having a great time nattering with Joanna J
· Staying in the pub most of Saturday.
· Having a cracking time Saturday night with all my mates!
· Getting no sleep because of the lovely rain.
· Getting up on Sunday knowing it was the last day L
· Walking to Pit Lane ….. dressed in B&Q flags …. blowing bubbles … and waving at everybody!
· The look on John B&Q’s face when he received the trophy. (Thanks to Alan for the presentation live on toca radio and to the organiser!).
· Getting wet….!
· Having loads of entertaining fun the ½ hour leading up to the feature race. I have to admit that this was the BEST bit of the weekend … and is certainly the most memorable bit, which should keep me, smiling, hopefully until next season. I would like to thank everyone this weekend ….. for making me laugh so much …… I didn’t get to the toilets until we stopped on the M25 …. I can’t believe I didn’t wet myself.
· Pit Lance dancing and getting mentioned on the radio.
· A big hug for John B&Q for making us all feel so welcome.
· Stopping at the service station and realising that I still had my Jumper in back to front and inside out …(I had to change because of the rain!)

Anyway … that’s my weekend in a nutshell. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as me. Can someone remind me how many weeks we have until the season starts again?

I love you all ....... :x
Old 10 Oct 2001, 18:44 (Ref:158699)   #9
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About 24 weeks, Woody

Adding to your list. The most I laughed that weekend is when your umbrella turned inside out. The look on your face was a picture!
Old 10 Oct 2001, 18:58 (Ref:158710)   #10
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think we both laughed at that one .........!

Laughing is good .... but not when you ache for the next couple of days!
Old 11 Oct 2001, 00:01 (Ref:158912)   #11
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well what can I say? Cold, wet and extremely happy! that was me. It was a great time! Although I would rather I didn't look like I had been at Glastonbury afterwards.

Can't wait for next year!
Old 11 Oct 2001, 11:38 (Ref:159013)   #12
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's RIKB with no beard! I also made the reference to Glastonbury (although I've never been there!) to try and describe the day to work mates.

Can someone explain to me again why I do this because work mates think I am mad?!?!?
Old 11 Oct 2001, 17:40 (Ref:159213)   #13
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Your work mates could have a point
Old 11 Oct 2001, 20:21 (Ref:159298)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*sigh*
keep grinning inanely every now and again, what a great weekend. the best bits were 'our' lads getting poles by far.
the rain dances were hilarious. as was the huge orchestra of airhorns, podii (podiums?), big up to richard antinucci, er, to the lovely marshals who let us in their tent halfway through our drinking session on friday....

happy days
Old 12 Oct 2001, 00:19 (Ref:159455)   #15
BAR Babe
Racer

BAR Babe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want to remember Absolutely everything about the weekend forever at the minute.

Starting with the trip up and down the road i had several times trying to find the entrance to Brands (Being extremely dense at time....Bella WILL confirm!) Downing the bottle of wine not even bothering to TRY to find the glass 10 seconds after i parked my car on Friday, the Marshalls that John brought us, who begging their pardon i did have trouble remembering the next day straight off!...
However they seemed to know me. hmmm.

Saturdays habitual hangover. More rain.
Sitting under a truck with Bella, Paul Rayner and his mate Dan, sheltering from the rain.

Qualifying. All types!
more damn rain!
something called..Foo..Foot...Football? in the Kentagon? no idea what was going on there but i know alot of people made a lot of noise in something called 'injury time?'

More dubious amounts of alcohol on the campsite on the Saturday night, joined again by the wonderful company of those lovely marshals, who seemed to think that me being quite inebriated was status quo. Can't imagine where they got that idea from can you John?

Fitting god knows how many people in the camper was very ammusing and especially when the added foliage started to join the party.

Sundays Rain was a complete joke in the end. The things that lifted it and the whole weekend was the wonderful company, as ever, the parping machines - used especially to scare the living daylights out of Alan , or get his attension!

John stripping on the pit straight - now that was hilarious. I will not forget the sight of him running off in boxers and nomex t-shirt and socks (no boots - i have one of them) to try and find more clothes, for a very long time! Oh how we chuckled. Bless.

Seeing Derick Warwick try and play frisbee with the championship plate was also one that sticks in my mind.

After that the frantic search to get clean clothes out of the car again and then a mad strip in the Caravelle. Given that Bella was one side and Mf was the other, not the most private place i've completely changed my clothes but hey, by that time who cares?
Brilliant Party, Seeing John come out of the foam looking like the Abomnible snowman and then try and talk us all in to coming in with him. God knows how i ended up in there.
Bella has a theory it had to do with some topless mechanics. I deny everything.

I had one of the best weekends, in the worst conditions possible. The poor dehumidifyer's already taken about three bucket loads of water out of the boots (2 mine, 1 John's) and 2 shoes that are on top of it at the minute. Things are however starting to pong a bit in the hallway. hmmmm. nice.

Nearly as tasty as Vaders feet.

And i didn't intend to write hardly anything.....SO sorry. Can't imagine where it all came from.
Hello to the Marshals if they decide to read this. hope to meet them again one day they were a good laugh.....as far as i can recall!!!

Winter racing next.
Old 12 Oct 2001, 11:17 (Ref:159578)   #16
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally muttered by Babe Ruth
something called..Foo..Foot...Football? in the Kentagon? no idea what was going on there but i know alot of people made a lot of noise in something called 'injury time?'
I think 'injury time' is when the spectators get together in the street after the match and have a discussion involving fists,bottles and chairs
Old 12 Oct 2001, 18:56 (Ref:159774)   #17
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Y

I think 'injury time' is when the spectators get together in the street after the match and have a discussion involving fists,bottles and chairs
Good one!