Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 3 Nov 2004, 18:02 (Ref:1144037)   #1
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nutts to lose Rallycross

Quote:
Antrim Borough Council intend to implement new noise restictions at the Nutts corner Circut. This will mean the circut will lose the British Rallycross events.
From N.Ireland Mtorsport site

Quote:
A man built a house behind nutts corner (kart circuit) a few years ago as soon as he had moved in he started to complain about the noise being created by motorsport events. What sort of tw@t builds a house beside a race track and expects it to be quiet??

Anyway members of all the motorsport organisations in N.Ireland got together and aproached this man to try and reach some sort of agrement.

Progress was being made until all this BF sunday series started. People dont realise that this event is promoted by a man who has no links to any of the governing bodies in N.Ireland. All this man is interested in is making money. There is a big fear that this event could kill off motorsport in N.Ireland. Nobody knows if this event is properly insured and if its not and someone were to get killed or seriously injured the consequences would be devastating for motorsport.

As the MSA have no control over this event they cannot regulate the noise being made so the matter has worsened.

The only people who can stop this event are Antrim Borough Council But the promoter is paying them the money to hire the track and as long they get paid they dont give a fcuk.

It has got to the point where motor clubs wont run events at the circuit because of noise requirements eg. at a kart/motorbike events generators can only be run for 2 hrs a day. hardly much good when uve got tire warmers etc to run.

There are rumours that the the whole Nutts Corner airfield site could be sold to developers but there is also talk it could be bought over and turned into a regional Motor sports facility WITHOUT BF Sunday series and any of the other events which have damaged the circuits credibility.
Quote:
Get your say on what you would like there. I think this is the call for a life line to keep it open.
http://www.antrim.gov.uk/index.cfm?w...9&Page_Key=553

I hope this will not set a trend because I know Mondello are facing the same problem in the courts at the moment.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 18:18 (Ref:1144052)   #2
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing new in people building houses next to race tracks then complaining, it happens a lot here at Brands Hatch.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 18:35 (Ref:1144073)   #3
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure as you know RM mondello is up for the same thing aswell, which is why theve gotten harder with noise limits.

Mondello Still in the high court over it, if they loose it will spark alot of trouble for motorsport in ireland

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 3 Nov 2004, 20:04 (Ref:1144187)   #4
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With Nutts the agreement was to enforce a 100db noise limit and with the BRDA RallyX cars were hitting 109db
Old 3 Nov 2004, 20:08 (Ref:1144189)   #5
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
The thing that makes me laugh is that most of these complaints are brought by people who move in after the circuit was built. Mondello had been there for 30 odd years before anyone brought a case about it.

If the Mondello case is won by the muppets, then I'm bringing a class action against Dublin Airport for the same thing.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 20:49 (Ref:1144224)   #6
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing frustrates me more than these types of nimbys. Lydden is the same. There was a story a few years ago that noise tests were done on a race day in a nearby village that has complained about the noise. Apparently, the noisest thing was bird song!!!

As has been mentioned, if you don't like noise don't move next to Heathrow. Me, I'd buy one of the houses that backs onto Brands and build my own grandstand at the bottom of the garden. It would have a built in barby and beer cooler.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 21:39 (Ref:1144268)   #7
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The thing that makes me laugh is that most of these complaints are brought by people who move in after the circuit was built. Mondello had been there for 30 odd years before anyone brought a case about it.
aint it a bloody crime! Someone should slap the boffins in Kildare Co Co for alowing it!

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 3 Nov 2004, 21:40 (Ref:1144269)   #8
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
IIRC the guy bringing the case is a barrister.....
Old 4 Nov 2004, 13:37 (Ref:1144743)   #9
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I belive the Barrister is not actually bringing the case. He only moved into the area 2-3 years ago. He found another resident who is a normal Joe Soap who had lived there all there life and convinced them to file a suit. He is bringing the case on there behalf for free.

Next thing you know they will be banning singing at football matches!!
Old 4 Nov 2004, 17:42 (Ref:1144926)   #10
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im with u there UDB,
Old 4 Nov 2004, 23:02 (Ref:1145190)   #11
Pug620
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
Pug620 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the world has offically gone mad!!

Most race circuits were orginally airfields ect so i say bring back the planes and they would soon stop complaining about the noise of some cars.

Marty