Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 24 Apr 2016, 21:33 (Ref:3636146)   #26
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm surprised there is no FCY with that debris from Rahal's car on the track.
Old 24 Apr 2016, 21:39 (Ref:3636148)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats to Pagenaud, with back to back wins and an impressive drive from Montoya, from last on the grid to 5th. Got to feel sorry for Rahal but I thought he was too hasty getting past Hawksworth.

That was all about tyres and built up nicely for a great last 10 laps.
Old 24 Apr 2016, 21:47 (Ref:3636149)   #28
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rahal shows his nose before the corner, so I would call it a racing incident as well. Anyway, traffic really plays a big part today, great racing, gutted for Honda, again.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using Tapatalk
Old 24 Apr 2016, 22:30 (Ref:3636155)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Result:

1 Simon Pagenaud, Team Penske. Dallara/Chevrolet. 1h48m42.3334s
2 Graham Rahal, Rahal Letterman Lanigan.Dallara/Honda. 13.7476s
3 Josef Newgarden, Ed Carpenter Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 15.8039s
4 Will Power, Team Penske. Dallara/Chevrolet. 16.7315s
5 Juan Pablo Montoya, Team Penske. Dallara/Chevrolet. 21.1160s
6 James Hinchcliffe, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. Dallara/Honda. 23.6222s
7 Helio Castroneves, Team Penske. Dallara/Chevrolet. 25.5391s
8 Tony Kanaan, Chip Ganassi Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 27.9007s
9 Charlie Kimball, Chip Ganassi Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 31.8726s
10 Scott Dixon, Chip Ganassi Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 39.0603s
11 Ryan Hunter-Reay, Andretti Autosport. Dallara/Honda. 40.7485s
12 Marco Andretti, Andretti Autosport. Dallara/Honda. 53.3648s
13 Takuma Sato, AJ Foyt Enterprises. Dallara/Honda. 55.2122s
14 Carlos Munoz, Andretti Autosport. Dallara/Honda. 1m03.5214s
15 Alexander Rossi, Andretti Herta. Dallara/Honda. 1m04.8661s
16 Sebastien Bourdais, KVSH Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 1 Lap
17 Mikhail Aleshin, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. Dallara/Honda. 1 Lap
18 Luca Filippi, Dale Coyne Racing. Dallara/Honda. 1 Lap
19 Jack Hawksworth, AJ Foyt Enterprises. Dallara/Honda. 1 Lap
20 Conor Daly, Dale Coyne Racing. Dallara/Honda. 1 Lap
21 Max Chilton, Chip Ganassi Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 1 Lap
Old 24 Apr 2016, 23:08 (Ref:3636159)   #30
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I enjoyed the race. It got turgid in the middle of it, but overall the race was good.

I don't know why Rahal's debris didn't cause a yellow though. Bit perplexed by that. Congrats to Page. Newgarden had a good race, Montoya did well to recover. Rahal had a steadfast drive too.
Old 25 Apr 2016, 01:51 (Ref:3636176)   #31
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Katz View Post
I'm an hour back to skip the many many ads, but Munoz drives into aleshin and hawksworth, so they penalise aleshin and hawksworth?!?
Munoz was moved to the back as well, thats why the 2nd start was waved off.
Old 25 Apr 2016, 14:45 (Ref:3636273)   #32
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe it was too close to end of race for lack of fcy
Old 25 Apr 2016, 15:25 (Ref:3636280)   #33
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
In the first incident, Rahal had half the car in before the corner, but Pagenaud closed in anyway. It's Pagenaud's fault that he bumped Rahal.

In the second incident, Rahal swept the track rather dangerously.

Anyway, I'm more concerned about the poor actions of backmarkers. Daly didn't let Pagenaud lap him for a full stint. And Hawksworth was partially responsible for the second incident.

IndyCar should be more strict about backmarkers letting cars by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I'm surprised there is no FCY with that debris from Rahal's car on the track.
I'm surprised that Rahal wasn't told to enter the pits and change the front wing. The pieces were flying everywhere.
Old 25 Apr 2016, 15:38 (Ref:3636282)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
In the first incident, Rahal had half the car in before the corner, but Pagenaud closed in anyway. It's Pagenaud's fault that he bumped Rahal.

In the second incident, Rahal swept the track rather dangerously.

Anyway, I'm more concerned about the poor actions of backmarkers. Daly didn't let Pagenaud lap him for a full stint. And Hawksworth was partially responsible for the second incident.

I'm surprised that Rahal wasn't told to enter the pits and change the front wing. The pieces were flying everywhere.
That was a considerable chunk of front wing that was sitting in the middle of the track. I think that was very poor to just leave it there.

I don't hold Hawksworth partly responsible, he was moving over and Rahal saw a gap and was a little too impatient to get past and away from Pagenaud.
Old 25 Apr 2016, 22:55 (Ref:3636372)   #35
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
By the time Rahal had half his car along side, Pagenaud was already moving to the inside to make the turn. You can't expect Pagenaud to just take that corner wide and let Rahal through. Rahal wasn't close enough to "claim" the lane. Plus, the guy still had 6 or 7 P2Ps left...it was a clumsy move on Rahal's part.

Quote:

I disagree. A backmarker has a right to fight to stay on the lead lap. If anything, Barber showed us just how hard it is to pass with these cars. Pagenaud couldn't even get close to Hawksworth.

The second incident was a miscommunication between Hawksworth and Rahal. Hawksowrth tried to duck to the left and let them by and Rahal was too eager to pass him.
Old 25 Apr 2016, 23:43 (Ref:3636376)   #36
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No issue with letting the race run green till the end. It was off the racing line and the drivers all had seen it and knew it was there.

That is effectively 2 races in a row that have run green to green - a very good thing for Indycar and allows for more pure races.

I didnt have a massive issue with the backmarkers for the most part. If the leaders are faster they can pass them.

That said, with the race on the line in the last 5 laps or so - I dont know why Hawksworth et al would want to play a role in the outcome of the race. Ample opportunity for him to roll out into the hairpin on multiple occassions.
Old 26 Apr 2016, 02:00 (Ref:3636388)   #37
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it was Rahal and Rahal. Good finish though!
Old 26 Apr 2016, 10:11 (Ref:3636431)   #38
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I counted, it was 11 laps. Blue flag is advisory only, unless the starter displays it or a direct command is given from race control. You are allowed to fight to stay on the lead lap within reason. Montoya had no issue going from 21st to 5th, that wasn't on pit strategy. The ad-free coverage on BT Sport was pretty good, we got to see stuff (including overtakes) that the US broadcast missed during the commercials.

Quote:
That would lose him more positions. The other drivers were informed of the debris, they all managed to stay inside or outside of it. Considering people have been quick to criticise Indycar for throwing FCYs, it's funny that they complain about the opposite now.
Old 26 Apr 2016, 12:42 (Ref:3636444)   #39
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10TENTHS View Post
I counted, it was 11 laps. Blue flag is advisory only, unless the starter displays it or a direct command is given from race control. You are allowed to fight to stay on the lead lap within reason. Montoya had no issue going from 21st to 5th, that wasn't on pit strategy. The ad-free coverage on BT Sport was pretty good, we got to see stuff (including overtakes) that the US broadcast missed during the commercials.

That would lose him more positions. The other drivers were informed of the debris, they all managed to stay inside or outside of it. Considering people have been quick to criticise Indycar for throwing FCYs, it's funny that they complain about the opposite now.
The ad free coverage made a welcome change, all the other races they've covered so far had ads. Phoenix was the worst.

As the race progressed overtaking became an issue, particularly towards the end and that had to with the marbles the tyres were throwing off. The track was littered with them. Tyre degradation and tyre preservation was very much key.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 26 Apr 2016 at 12:53.
Old 26 Apr 2016, 18:11 (Ref:3636502)   #40
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Munoz was moved to the back as well, thats why the 2nd start was waved off.
I still don't understand why Aleshin and Hawksworth were moved to the back, unless there was concern their cars were damage and would be slow on the re-start. Munoz should have had a stop/go for that (did he?).
Old 29 Apr 2016, 18:34 (Ref:3637178)   #41
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
A backmarker has a right to fight to stay on the lead lap.
Quote:
Blue flag is advisory only, unless the starter displays it or a direct command is given from race control. You are allowed to fight to stay on the lead lap within reason.
I disagree with that. If you lose 60 seconds to the leader, you have no right to keep fighting.

Quote:
Quote:
That would lose him more positions. The other drivers were informed of the debris, they all managed to stay inside or outside of it.
I was referring to the pieces that were falling off Rahal's wing along the course. It was dangerous, just ask Massa or Wilson.
Old 1 May 2016, 11:48 (Ref:3637497)   #42
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I love the way the first races in the season has been in my view. I don't know what to say about the future of the year and I have to say that the only one who is currently in command in this is Pagueneud. I always get the best buzz about Montoya and I have to say that the drive to get 5th was a good one and only a few days have been holding the best chance to win the title