Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 27 Mar 2014, 14:11 (Ref:3385148)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP2 rounds 1 & 2 Bahrain 2014

time for the GP2 cars to hit the Bahrain track for its normal two races

start times (please bear this in mind as its a F1 weekend and the F1 cars are using the lights) 11.10am Saturday april 5 and Sunday April 6 12.15pm.
Old 5 Apr 2014, 13:34 (Ref:3388997)   #2
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vandoorne excelled with his maiden win in the series today.
Old 5 Apr 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3388999)   #3
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Chapeau" to those of you who've been bigging up Vandoorne. That was quite something.
Old 5 Apr 2014, 15:46 (Ref:3389027)   #4
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Marciello is just as quick as Vandoorne, if not quicker, but not sure what happened to him in today's race. Looking forward to seeing what he can do tomorrow.

Great drive by Vandoorne though. Refreshing to see proper talent coming through.
Old 5 Apr 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3389083)   #5
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The race flattered him to a big degree. Talented as they are Vandoorne and Marciello can't be ready to win regurally yet.
Old 5 Apr 2014, 22:33 (Ref:3389096)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Vandoorne qualified second, got off the line better and had it all under control.
Superb debut, but ought not to be surprising, this is what proper talent can do in a field mainly made up of journeymen.

Marciello will surely come to the party sooner or later but I'm not sure he's as good as the Belgian.

Back to the race, Palmer recovered well and both Leal and Coletti shone but some guys showed well early on only to run out of rubber later whilst some tailenders who stayed out longer gobbled them all up on softs due to a ridiculous tyre advantage towards the end.

Not a good advert for 'real' ability is it?

Nasr was poor, expected him to be really on it this year.

Cecotto was the same irresponsible pedaller we've been used to for the last few years. This guy shouldn't be allowed a licence for god's sake.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 13:39 (Ref:3389755)   #7
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
just got round to watching the races. great first race for Vandoorne. Cecotto, well, he's proved he's never going to change. Also Rossi has had a poor start to the year, really didn't expect him to end up last in both races.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 13:53 (Ref:3389759)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Great drive by Vandoorne though. Refreshing to see proper talent coming through.
the thing about vandoorne is that he just does it. looking forward to seeing lots more of that throughout the season.

haven't had a chance to see the coverage but did he just mess the start up in race 2 and get lost? easy to do from 8th on the grid i guess.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 17:39 (Ref:3389833)   #9
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He fell to about 11th at the start and made contact with de Jong I think
Old 7 Apr 2014, 22:24 (Ref:3389961)   #10
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If I remember correctly he also had secondary contact with Markelov, which damaged his front wing.

I thought both races were very good. Trummer surprised me in race two with his pace relative to Palmer, I thought he would drop away eventually.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 08:38 (Ref:3390091)   #11
cappra250
Rookie

cappra250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
If I remember correctly he also had secondary contact with Markelov, which damaged his front wing.

I thought both races were very good. Trummer surprised me in race two with his pace relative to Palmer, I thought he would drop away eventually.
Indeed he is the surprise. Having qualified P21 - 1.2 scs off and then making both races in the points with 'true' pace is something not a lot of people could have imagined.

That's why GP2 is so difficult to understand sometimes.

Vandoorne will fight for the tittle once he gets a proper understanding about the width of the GP2 front wing compared to the WSR car. He is the most talented driver in the grid.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 10:54 (Ref:3390131)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i have a feeling that ultimately, marciello may be quicker but vandoorne has everything else, and seems pretty good at managing his races. a similar scenario to the vandoorne/kvyat eurocup battle.

vandoorne does have a little bit of a habit of getting into trouble when he's in the midfield for whatever reason, but perhaps with a bit more practice that'll become something he's better at managing.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 14:15 (Ref:3390223)   #13
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, Marciello always has off weekends and then has huge pace weekends. I'm expecting Vandoorne to be a better racer, Marciello has done mostly F3 where you're not exactly using your race craft every race and in Abarth he surely wasn't the best racer.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 21:51 (Ref:3390353)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I think Stoffel is a significantly more talented driver but I need to see more of what Marciello can do before writing him off.

Of course ART may have got back on top of things again which would obviously help a great deal. Coletti seemed strong ish so RE are at least going to provide the tools for their drivers.

DAMS are still very strong too, I just can't believe they didn't manage to sign a proper hot shot?
Old 14 Apr 2014, 12:47 (Ref:3392369)   #15
wsrgo94
Rookie

India
Calcutta
wsrgo94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't help having a general underwhelming feeling about the results. Leal twice on the podium? Trummer getting his first top-three result since 2009? What's going on?!?