Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 19 Oct 2013, 15:40 (Ref:3319844)   #26
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
For Cecotto's 5th GP2 season?
There are various news reports coming out of Venezuela about the public money being used to bankroll a lot of their drivers maybe coming to a stop.
Does Cecotto have alternative funding or would he be caught up in this?
Well let's hope the money does dry up for some of them, they haven't been remarkable in GP2 other than for the wrong reasons!
Old 19 Oct 2013, 16:25 (Ref:3319868)   #27
TR Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
TR Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh and another hot topic for GP2 2014, the calendar! With the return of Austria to F1 Calendar next year, could GP2 go there and follow in F3000's footsteps? Will Russia or Mexico feature? What do you think calendar will be? Here's my guess

1- Malaysia (Sepang)
2- Bahrain
3- Spain (Barcelona)
4- Monaco
5- Austria (Red Bull Ring)
6- UK (Silverstone)
7- Germany (Hockenheim)
8- Hungary (Hungaroring)
9- Belgium (Spa)
10- Italy (Monza)
11- Singapore
12- Russia (Sochi Street Circuit)
13- Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina)

There are 13 Rounds (26 Races) on my version of the calendar, which I think would be the absolute limit for GP2 teams and drivers (There were 12 in 2012 and that was a long season)
Old 19 Oct 2013, 17:42 (Ref:3319929)   #28
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Motorsport View Post
Oh and another hot topic for GP2 2014, the calendar! With the return of Austria to F1 Calendar next year, could GP2 go there and follow in F3000's footsteps? Will Russia or Mexico feature? What do you think calendar will be? Here's my guess

1- Malaysia (Sepang)
2- Bahrain
3- Spain (Barcelona)
4- Monaco
5- Austria (Red Bull Ring)
6- UK (Silverstone)
7- Germany (Hockenheim)
8- Hungary (Hungaroring)
9- Belgium (Spa)
10- Italy (Monza)
11- Singapore
12- Russia (Sochi Street Circuit)
13- Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina)

There are 13 Rounds (26 Races) on my version of the calendar, which I think would be the absolute limit for GP2 teams and drivers (There were 12 in 2012 and that was a long season)
26 is too much.

I can't see them go to Malaysia, Bahrain, Singapore, Russia AND Abu Dhabi. Probably one of them will have to go?
Old 21 Oct 2013, 12:19 (Ref:3320989)   #29
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marciello will test in Abu Dhabi, perhaps for DAMS and Racing Engineering. Also Pic will test, but I don't know for which team.
Old 21 Oct 2013, 16:14 (Ref:3321131)   #30
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The following teams entered 2014 GP2 Series
Arden International GBR
ART Grand Prix FRA
Campos Racing ESP
Carlin GBR
DAMS FRA
EQ8 Caterham Racing MAS
Hilmer Motorsport GER
MP Motorsport NED
Racing Engineering ESP
Rapax ITA
RUSSIAN TIME RUS
Trident ITA
Venezuela GP Lazarus VEN

Looking at the name "Venezuela GP Lazarus," I doubt that money will run out just yet...
Old 21 Oct 2013, 16:33 (Ref:3321137)   #31
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also, very interesting to see that Duncan Tappy and Sam Bird would like to share a GT car together at some point. Perhaps, if 2014 doesn't work out for Sam, this could happen sooner than they thought...
Old 21 Oct 2013, 18:55 (Ref:3321231)   #32
TR Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
The following teams entered 2014 GP2 Series
Arden International GBR
ART Grand Prix FRA
Campos Racing ESP
Carlin GBR
DAMS FRA
EQ8 Caterham Racing MAS
Hilmer Motorsport GER
MP Motorsport NED
Racing Engineering ESP
Rapax ITA
RUSSIAN TIME RUS
Trident ITA
Venezuela GP Lazarus VEN

Looking at the name "Venezuela GP Lazarus," I doubt that money will run out just yet...
So that's Cecotto in GP2 for yet another season then...
Old 21 Oct 2013, 22:03 (Ref:3321339)   #33
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So that's Cecotto in GP2 for yet another season then...
Not necessarily - the Lazarus cars appear to have more backing from the Binder family than from Venezuela. Cecotto seems to come with Conoco backing rather than PDVSA, so I'm not sure whether that puts him in the same boat as the others who are at risk of having their backing pulled?

Since Venezuela GP Lazarus came about, I've been waiting/expecting Roberta la Rocca to get a go - perhaps now he's got some Auto GP experience he'll be around (depending on where his money comes from)?
Old 22 Oct 2013, 01:45 (Ref:3321418)   #34
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sandy Stuvik currently in F3 Open looks likely to be crown champion is gunning for a gp2 seat in 2014.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 06:57 (Ref:3321471)   #35
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Credit to Stuvik for developing from a F.Renault also-ran into a championship leader, but I fear the leap to GP2 would be far too huge.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 15:17 (Ref:3322156)   #36
TR Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_cat View Post
Not necessarily - the Lazarus cars appear to have more backing from the Binder family than from Venezuela. Cecotto seems to come with Conoco backing rather than PDVSA, so I'm not sure whether that puts him in the same boat as the others who are at risk of having their backing pulled?

Since Venezuela GP Lazarus came about, I've been waiting/expecting Roberta la Rocca to get a go - perhaps now he's got some Auto GP experience he'll be around (depending on where his money comes from)?
La Rocca will not be in GP2 next year as his funding has a history of being dodgy..
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105969
His funding was iffy earlier this year, that's why his GP3 deal fell apart with Bamboo Engineering, so if can't get the funding to do GP3, then no way will he be able to secure the kind of budget needed for a GP2 Campaign.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 20:42 (Ref:3322302)   #37
TR Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
And due to Daniel Kyvat's F1 deal with Toro Rosso, the new lineup for Arden International next in GP2 is..

Evans/Felix da Costa or Evans/Sainz Jnr.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 22:19 (Ref:3322335)   #38
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Sainz will be in FR3.5 I have little doubt about that.
Old 24 Oct 2013, 15:08 (Ref:3322613)   #39
Formulahistory
Veteran

I think also Da Costa will make another year in WSbR, perhaps with Carlin and without Red Bull backing?
Old 24 Oct 2013, 15:30 (Ref:3322616)   #40
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i don't know where you'd expect him to be able to produce a 3.5 budget from without red bull's support but i'm pretty sure he'd not be able to do it...!

interestingly, sainz says that dams are one of his main options for next year.
Old 26 Oct 2013, 10:07 (Ref:3323268)   #41
TR Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i don't know where you'd expect him to be able to produce a 3.5 budget from without red bull's support but i'm pretty sure he'd not be able to do it...!

interestingly, sainz says that dams are one of his main options for next year.
in GP2 for FR3.5 ?
Old 26 Oct 2013, 10:13 (Ref:3323271)   #42
TR Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
I think also Da Costa will make another year in WSbR, perhaps with Carlin and without Red Bull backing?
and Red Bull have said they will keep da Costa, possibly keeping him ready for 2015 F1 Toro Rosso seat (as after next year Vergne is gonna go isn't he, whats the point in keeping him as no opening at Red Bull till at least 2016/17) as Red Bull said to be disappointed with Sainz Jnr. and don't see him in the same league as da Costa, and Red Bull have said he will stay as Red Bull reserve driver and I see da Costa combining this reserve F1 role along with either a FR3.5 or GP2 campaign with Arden
Old 26 Oct 2013, 18:36 (Ref:3323377)   #43
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to see that Red Bull are keeping AFDC. When did he replace Buemi as Red Bull's reserve driver though?

I can't see Red Bull keeping him at Arden after the technical issues they had this season - Carlin or DAMS in 3.5 would be more likely imo.
Old 26 Oct 2013, 19:16 (Ref:3323383)   #44
TR Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Interesting to see that Red Bull are keeping AFDC. When did he replace Buemi as Red Bull's reserve driver though?

I can't see Red Bull keeping him at Arden after the technical issues they had this season - Carlin or DAMS in 3.5 would be more likely imo.
He was appointed as no.1 reserve for red bull from Chinese GP this year as Buemi is currently focusing on Sports Car racing and Le Mans Series with Toyota
Old 26 Oct 2013, 20:26 (Ref:3323407)   #45
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Correct me if I'm wrong, but AFDC only replaced Buemi as Red Bull & Toro Rosso reserve for the Chinese GP (when Buemi was unavailable), but then Buemi resumed the role.
Old 26 Oct 2013, 23:14 (Ref:3323443)   #46
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
and Red Bull have said they will keep da Costa, possibly keeping him ready for 2015 F1 Toro Rosso seat (as after next year Vergne is gonna go isn't he, whats the point in keeping him as no opening at Red Bull till at least 2016/17) as Red Bull said to be disappointed with Sainz Jnr. and don't see him in the same league as da Costa, and Red Bull have said he will stay as Red Bull reserve driver and I see da Costa combining this reserve F1 role along with either a FR3.5 or GP2 campaign with Arden
JEV has more to gain than lose next year.

When have they said they've oficially disappointed with Sainz? He'll continue his development in 3.5 next season with Red Bull backing!
Old 27 Oct 2013, 00:28 (Ref:3323452)   #47
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sainz Jr. still has "his name and fame". Red Bull will not ditch him that easily. They know he attracts interest on people.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 23:48 (Ref:3323945)   #48
TR Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
JEV has more to gain than lose next year.

When have they said they've oficially disappointed with Sainz? He'll continue his development in 3.5 next season with Red Bull backing!
How does JEV have more to gain next year, he will undoubtably be dropped in favour of da Costa for 2015 as what us point of keeping him on for a fourth year at toro rosso? supposed to be team for young drivers, maybe the FIA GT or World Endurance Championship has place for him in 2015 but won't in F1 with Toro Rosso or any other team as by that point will just he too old for Toro Rosso (he will be 25 while vettel will be 27, who has achieved more ?), which is sad as I like JEV but Red Bull will always be ruthless as always and come 2015 he will be a ex-F1 Driver
Old 28 Oct 2013, 09:15 (Ref:3324115)   #49
Formulahistory
Veteran

Is there any news who is testing in Abu Dhabi for what team?
Old 28 Oct 2013, 10:10 (Ref:3324134)   #50
Formulahistory
Veteran

Sandy Stuvik will test for Rapax
Nico Müller for Arden and Caterham I think.
Abt and Binder likely for Hilmer
Marciello for DAMS and Racing Engineering