Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 19 Apr 2008, 21:57 (Ref:2181599)   #1
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Holdenwins !

Todays Sunday paper states that the most dangerous drivers on the road drive a Holden, with the blue oval owners coming in at number 5. Anyone got any stats on the supertaxis, as in which side does the most damage to the other ?
Old 19 Apr 2008, 22:25 (Ref:2181615)   #2
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah the doof doof brigade.
Old 19 Apr 2008, 23:48 (Ref:2181654)   #3
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Jones
Todays Sunday paper states that the most dangerous drivers on the road drive a Holden, with the blue oval owners coming in at number 5. Anyone got any stats on the supertaxis, as in which side does the most damage to the other ?
OK I'll bite.

I agree. On sheer number alone, the Holden drivers are the worst as most have their POS V8s and V6s running red lights, dragging other drivers, and just being nuisances.

The Ford drivers are by no means chardonnay sippers. They're every bit the yobbo's the Holden drivers are... it's just that there's less of them around in V8s and more in clapped out 6s of the taxi variety.

The ricers are the new age Holden bogans with their turbos. They will go hard as they want to make sure the popoff valve is in good working order and the tyres are still able to give off enough smoke...
Old 20 Apr 2008, 00:40 (Ref:2181687)   #4
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm on the road between Brisbane - Gold Coast and Northern NSW on a daily basis and can vouch for the dopes in Commodores , they are everywhere and act invincible - hooning is alive and well on the Gold Coast , however the police are acting on public information and are pretty quick to react (think they have a task force setup) many cars have been impounded and a few sent to the crusher - I find the young people texting while driving are probably the worst , particularly the young women - if they kill or maim only themselves "who cares" , unfortunately there are far too often other innocents involved . The drink drivers won't learn , time to stop pussyfooting around with these pricks and really hit them where it hurts .
Old 20 Apr 2008, 04:59 (Ref:2181771)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
has nothing to do with racing guys , moved to road car forum
Old 20 Apr 2008, 19:39 (Ref:2182292)   #6
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

....possibly!
Old 22 Apr 2008, 06:57 (Ref:2183652)   #7
Alan Jones
Veteran

OWWW

as a race official Bluebottle, I would have thought a question in relation to a 2 make series was fair enough and valid and one you could understand. Sorry if I've upset anyone.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 11:29 (Ref:2185661)   #8
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not upset at all but it has nothing to do with any race series unless it relates to race drivers on a race circuit driving race cars- that's why it was moved here. It then becomes "My badge is better than yours" based on some meaningless tabloid statistic. which causes me to
Old 24 Apr 2008, 23:56 (Ref:2186139)   #9
Alan Jones
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebottle
Not upset at all but it has nothing to do with any race series unless it relates to race drivers on a race circuit driving race cars- that's why it was moved here. It then becomes "My badge is better than yours" based on some meaningless tabloid statistic. which causes me to

Thats exactly what the V8 supercar series is, race drivers on race circuits driving racecars. that believe it or not, often crash into each other. the forum is blessed with many members who have a vast knowledge of the history of the series which is why I asked. Can we only discuss some topics but not others when seeking statistics ? This forum is filled with people who have different opinions and by the looks of it, you and I are a fine example.
Old 25 Apr 2008, 07:33 (Ref:2186232)   #10
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Jones
Thats exactly what the V8 supercar series is, race drivers on race circuits driving racecars.
This is the ROAD CAR forum and the thread is about ROAD CARS, being driven on ROADS by NORMAL (Albeit badly behaved...) DRIVERS. If the thread was about the V8 series then it wouldn't have been moved here would it?
I'm happy to have threads highlighting poor driving standards, we've had many in the past (I'll see if I can dig one up later, perhaps it should be a 'hot topic') and we all have these stereotypes in mind when we're out and about (eg "That BMW must be stolen, the driver just used his indicators!") but I feel these 'statistics just become a self-fulfilling prophecy on several counts- people attracted to a particular badge because they see the percieved image and that image also bolstered by drivers seeing poor driving and saying things like "Typical bloody Volvo driver" but not giving a second thought to the same thing done by, for example, a Skoda driver. Hence the statistics are meaningless, they also have no reflection on the car itself (Apart from accident statistics which might highlight a design flaw)

Oh, and just because I personaly find it boring dosn't mean you can't discuss it- To be honest there wouldn't be many threads in the Road Car Forum if that were the case!

Last edited by Bluebottle; 25 Apr 2008 at 07:37.
Old 25 Apr 2008, 08:08 (Ref:2186267)   #11
Alan Jones
Veteran

Bluebottle, no need to shout, I understand that if i want to talk about road cars or experiences etc I have had on the road i should do that in the road car forum. I think the main thing we disagree on here is the content of the thread. If i'd been after peoples opinions on who were the worst drivers on the road, this is where I would have posted it. I gather if I hadn't refered to the article i read, or titled it Holdenwins,there would have been no misunderstanding. The bottom line here is it looks like noone has the stats anyway, no matter where the thread resides :-) and I'm happy to live with that.

Last edited by Alan Jones; 25 Apr 2008 at 08:12.
Old 25 Apr 2008, 08:27 (Ref:2186280)   #12
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Perhaps if you'd asked "Anyone got any stats on the supertaxis, as in which side does the most damage to the other on the track?" the thread would have stayed in the Aussie V8's forum rather than being moved here, as it is your question sounds like you're asking about road car drivers hence the misunderstanding.
Old 25 Apr 2008, 09:07 (Ref:2186319)   #13
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
seems it was my fault , I misread the entire thread and move it here , sorry mr Bluebottle
Old 25 Apr 2008, 10:58 (Ref:2186406)   #14
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
No worries Marcus, t'was an understandable misunderstanding...