Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Sep 2008, 02:44 (Ref:2292227)   #1
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Mr Gore in the news again... (Merged x1)

It seems that someone has "liberated" some of his assets off of him.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...98-662,00.html
Old 17 Sep 2008, 02:57 (Ref:2292231)   #2
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who leaves a substantial amount of cash lying around there house? I cant comprehend what it like to have 200 million, but I cant ever see myself leaving wads of cash around my house.
Old 17 Sep 2008, 03:03 (Ref:2292232)   #3
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No monitored perimeter security, no drivers licence.

I know he's a very clever and insightful guy, but some of that arrogance leaves him exposed.
Old 17 Sep 2008, 03:20 (Ref:2292237)   #4
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You got to have cash lying around when your rich. At least you have something to roll in when you make some more. Not to mention if you need to get out of the country in a hurry or have been playing skins at the local 18 holes.
Old 17 Sep 2008, 05:51 (Ref:2292276)   #5
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
goose.
Old 17 Sep 2008, 07:42 (Ref:2292322)   #6
Wood-duck
Racer

Wood-duck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was probably Derrick Walker...
Old 17 Sep 2008, 07:48 (Ref:2292328)   #7
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood-duck
It was probably Derrick Walker...
Amongst others........
Old 17 Sep 2008, 08:21 (Ref:2292349)   #8
GreaseMonkey99
Rookie

Australia
GreaseMonkey99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
with the fall of the US markets, one wonders if that is all he lost recently.
Old 17 Sep 2008, 10:38 (Ref:2292427)   #9
Red Tape
Rookie

Red Tape should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A person I know was working for WPS, well they were being paid by them for 10 months and actually wasn't even showing up. they rang them and told them but was told it was OK.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 06:23 (Ref:2305820)   #10
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Again...

"Craig Gore on fast track to recovery"

http://www.teamaustraliamotorsport.com/latest_news.asp

Kramer
Old 8 Oct 2008, 06:18 (Ref:2306600)   #11
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe the "Conspiracy Theorists" will arc up and suggest he is trying to avoid somone or avoid being served something by an attending team at the GC Indy event?????
Old 8 Oct 2008, 06:46 (Ref:2306607)   #12
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was mentioned to me today....great minds!

The burglary was unfortunate too. The insurance payout would have been horrendous with some of the items stolen.
Old 7 Nov 2008, 00:18 (Ref:2329768)   #13
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It he pulls the pin completely....

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...top-story.html
Old 7 Nov 2008, 01:02 (Ref:2329778)   #14
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefully this doesnt effect the existence of KV Technology and Will Power.

Or the WPS Bathurst 12 Hour?

Financial contribution aside, there isnt any loss to Australian motorsport, thankfully the days of his pointless rants are gone.

Enjoy Byron Bay Mr Gore.
Old 7 Nov 2008, 01:55 (Ref:2329790)   #15
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Financial contribution aside, there isnt any loss to Australian motorsport, thankfully the days of his pointless rants are gone.
Financial contribution aside?? The sport lives the back of financial contribution, yet you see no loss... We are subjected to your pointless rants on these forums because of good old free speach, how much money have you contributed to the sport to enjoy your right??? I am betting bugger all if anything.
Old 7 Nov 2008, 02:00 (Ref:2329793)   #16
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil
Financial contribution aside?? The sport lives the back of financial contribution, yet you see no loss... We are subjected to your pointless rants on these forums because of good old free speach, how much money have you contributed to the sport to enjoy your right??? I am betting bugger all if anything.
Yes have to agree with you bazil. Like him, or hate him, you have to give the man credit for putting his $$$ where his mouth is.

We cant afford to lose too many cheque books of this size.
Old 7 Nov 2008, 16:07 (Ref:2330144)   #17
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We are subjected to your pointless rants on these forums because of good old free speach, how much money have you contributed to the sport to enjoy your right??? I am betting bugger all if anything.
Abit of a statement there bazil.

What grounds do you have to make a statement about how much effort (whether it be $$$ or time wise etc... each as important as the other) someone on this forum puts into motor racing, be it DRT or anyone else??
Old 9 Nov 2008, 00:43 (Ref:2330873)   #18
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Bazil just because a sponsor or individual makes financial contributions through team ownership or sponsorships does not make up or take away from there other comments/actions. Mr Gore invested alot of money into Motor Racing to further his business not out of the goodness of his heart. WPS was a great supported of motorsport but this does not mean he bought our silence, he is open to criticism like all others.

In my opinion there was a lot to criticize.
Old 10 Nov 2008, 22:10 (Ref:2332751)   #19
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Mr Gore invested alot of money into Motor Racing to further his business not out of the goodness of his heart.
What an incredibly daft thing to say! Name me the sponsors who are sumping out out their cash, and not caring if they don't get some form of return on their investment. Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if we buggered off all of the people and companies that were just involved in motorsport as a business and not as a sport...

Now I don't agree with everything he ever did, but he invested millions and millions and millions into it, V8s, Carrera Cup, BIMF, Indycars, Marcos Ambrose...
Old 10 Nov 2008, 23:41 (Ref:2332804)   #20
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test
What an incredibly daft thing to say! Name me the sponsors who are sumping out out their cash, and not caring if they don't get some form of return on their investment. Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if we buggered off all of the people and companies that were just involved in motorsport as a business and not as a sport....
Speaking of daft things to say.....

What I was saying was that his motivations are purely business, no arguments against Gore or any other sponsor out there. However sponsorship of motorsport does not create a halo of anti criticism like some here were suggesting.
Old 7 Nov 2008, 02:21 (Ref:2329797)   #21
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Hopefully this doesnt effect the existence of KV Technology and Will Power.
Aint lookin good. A lot of indycar teams are staring into empty barrels this off season.
Old 7 Nov 2008, 02:10 (Ref:2329796)   #22
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Good point indeed, he may have been controversial, (although it has given more publicity to the sport whether good or bad) but the financial contribution has been helpful to the sport.
Old 7 Nov 2008, 05:08 (Ref:2329833)   #23
smokinJ
Racer

smokinJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its a shame to see him go
I liked his Attitude of calling a spade a spade
good luck and good health
Old 10 Nov 2008, 22:11 (Ref:2332753)   #24
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinJ
I liked his Attitude of calling a spade a spade
I think I heard him refer to a spade as a '****ing spade' from time to time
Old 7 Nov 2008, 06:46 (Ref:2329837)   #25
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
sometimes we uses excuses to get us out of something we have had enough of or no longer can afford.

every other finnacial company is taking a hammering, so would his, this seems like a good way to move out and save face

thanks for the memories mr gore