Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Aug 2010, 16:24 (Ref:2739433)   #1
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
2011 driver market predictions

I suspect next year could see a bit of a shake up, certainly with Renault, HRT and Virgin.

I like Petrov i think he's had a solid if unspectacular debut with Renault but IMO he's too far behind Kubica to justify renault keeping him on, especially they do not rely on his funding as much for next year.

I see Kovalinen or Glock replacing him next year with Chandock taking the Vacant seat at Lotus or virgin.

At Force India i think Liuzzi has missed his chance and Paul DiResta will take over with Liuzzi disapearing into the reserve driver role. His (di resta's) friday tests must mean they are giving him as much time in the car to get his input into the design of next years car.

Fauzy might step into a race seat instead of chandock at Lotus should Kovalinen depart.

Food for thought what do you guys rekon?

Dan
Old 4 Aug 2010, 18:32 (Ref:2739483)   #2
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Liuzzi's just not good enough. He ought to go. He's had quite a few chances.

Schumacher perhaps ought to go.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 19:24 (Ref:2739508)   #3
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Renault seat really is the key to the driver market for next year. I suspect Sutil, Kobayashi or maybe Glock will get it.

If the Mercedes seat opens up I can't see who would get it other than Heidfeld to be honest.

Sauber will drop de la Rosa but I think Petrov will end up there. Liuzzi will only stay at Force India if Sutil leaves - di Resta will be racing for them next year.

I'm sure Maldonado and Perez will be in the mix somewhere, possibly Virgin or HRT.

I'm not convinced there will be a 13th team either.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 20:48 (Ref:2746253)   #4
Schumiforeverever
Rookie

Schumiforeverever has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post

Schumacher perhaps ought to go.
I dont think so,not before getting his 8th title.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 21:13 (Ref:2746262)   #5
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumiforeverever View Post
I hope you're joking, but I sense you're not.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 22:45 (Ref:2746293)   #6
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
The only good thing about Schumacher continuing is that his legacy reduces by the race.... after Spa he wont even be in the top 5 all time list of drivers 'Total wins as a percentage of Total GP's'.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 23:34 (Ref:2746319)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Quote:
Nah, he's serious, and that's the joke !
Old 18 Aug 2010, 20:36 (Ref:2746784)   #8
Schumiforeverever
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Nah, he's serious, and that's the joke !
Yep, im serious and that's what you'll notice in the end of 2011.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 20:32 (Ref:2746781)   #9
Schumiforeverever
Rookie

Quote:
10 years ago, winning 7 world titles was also a joke and even a madness.
In 2004 that joke became reality.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 00:50 (Ref:2746346)   #10
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Seconded
Old 18 Aug 2010, 20:57 (Ref:2746805)   #11
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That would be impressive if he stayed in F1 for that long. Most people don't live as long as it will take him to win an 8th title!
Old 22 Aug 2010, 17:54 (Ref:2748435)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I think you're the only person on this board right now who thinks there is any possibility of this. I'm more likely to win the F1 World Championship in 2010 than Michael.......

(Yeah, I'm that good! )
Old 26 Aug 2010, 14:04 (Ref:2750590)   #13
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see the Guerrieri possibilities with skeptical eyes.

Some time ago I spoke to a man who had talked with Esteban in a Kart race he was invited here in BsAs. Esteban cautiously said that after the meeting with the Argentine Department of State and the minister, he had the impression everything was "all in the air".

The Argentine government said they would support him and help him to get sponsors but I doubt they can spend money like they did with Lopez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Maybe Argentina are waking up to the lack of talent breaking through at last
We dont have lack of talent: we have lack of junior formulas and abundance of popular tin top series that takes all the attention (and the drivers and the sponsors). In my country no one even cares about Sudamerican F3! It should be called Brazilian F3
Old 7 Sep 2010, 09:15 (Ref:2755547)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
With Liuzzi 're-confirmed' (he was always staying next year unless getting the sack) and Kobayashi re-singing for Sauber that narrows things down further.

The strong rumours persist that Telmex will be stepping in to heavily invest in Sauber so I would imagine that Perez will take the second seat with Gutierrez continuing as their junior going to either FR 3.5 or maybe even GP2.

Still think there'll be movement at Torro Rosso but other than that only the other Renault seat is still unconfirmed from the established teams?
Old 4 Aug 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2739515)   #15
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Petrov and Sauber would probably be a good fit, a solid driver who I think steadaly improves his driving and who's bringing some well needed money.

Di Resta hopefully gets the seat at FI, I've been waiting to see him in Formula 1.

Maybe Perez to replace Kobayashi if he moves to Renault?
Old 4 Aug 2010, 19:57 (Ref:2739517)   #16
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kobayashi certainly deserves something better than that Sauber car.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 20:17 (Ref:2739529)   #17
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be delighted at a Kobayashi/Perez line-up at Sauber.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 20:22 (Ref:2739531)   #18
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
There seems to be quite a push for Perez because he has Telmex backing as well as ability.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 21:28 (Ref:2739564)   #19
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
There seems to be quite a push for Perez because he has Telmex backing as well as ability.
Yes, that's what I've heard too, and it makes sense. Wonder where Pedro would end up though, didn't he talk about moving to another team earlier this year? Difficult to see where he'd end up though.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 20:26 (Ref:2739533)   #20
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
If Lotus (or for that matter anyone else) want to build for the future, a Kovalainen/Kobayashi package could be a serious (and by that I mean WCC) force in two or three years. At the risk of sounding like I'm posting after fifteen pints, if he plays his cards right, and is as good as he looks now, Kamui Kobayashi is a real star of the future. He has both a great aggressive streak - I would say he's one of the top five man-versus-man (as opposed to man-versus-clock) drivers, raw speed and an ability to combine those without stupid mistakes.

Last edited by duke_toaster; 4 Aug 2010 at 20:31.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 21:34 (Ref:2739568)   #21
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If Lotus (or for that matter anyone else) want to build for the future, a Kovalainen/Kobayashi package could be a serious (and by that I mean WCC) force in two or three years. At the risk of sounding like I'm posting after fifteen pints, if he plays his cards right, and is as good as he looks now, Kamui Kobayashi is a real star of the future. He has both a great aggressive streak - I would say he's one of the top five man-versus-man (as opposed to man-versus-clock) drivers, raw speed and an ability to combine those without stupid mistakes.
You're right. He is very promising and I am excited to see how he does. His wheel-to-wheel stuff is good. He seems to have a great feel for where to place the car in a battle. And he's quick. Inexperienced but quick straight away.
Old 9 Aug 2010, 13:47 (Ref:2741904)   #22
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I totally agree. I was almost afraid to become a Kobayashi fan after the two outings for Toyota, I was very impressed, but worried it would be a flash in the pan. Well now I think he's proven that he can race hard and make the most out of the strategy he's on, he's very mature in the cockpit.

(off topic: epic sig. duke_toaster! Newey is the Chuck Norris of F1 designers )

Grosjean didn't really get a fair crack at the whip, I don't believe he was as bad as some on the internet made him out to be.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 21:02 (Ref:2739548)   #23
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see there being many changes in the field for next year; for instance McLaren, Ferrari, Williams, Red Bull, Toro Rosso and probably Mercedes will all field the same line up (assuming Schumacher doesn't retire of course). Renault will no doubt keep Kubica and given his improvements of late and funding, Petrov will probably be retained. I can't see Force India keeping Liuzzi, so that should see di Resta in there. Sauber will probably need some sponsors for next year so I expect de la Rosa to be dropped and probably Perez in his place (or for a bit of a wild card, maybe Guttierrez). I'd imagine Kobayashi will stay in the second seat. In terms of this years new teams, I'd guess Lotus will keep Trulli and Kovaleinen, unless a higher profile name becomes available although I guess there is always the possibility of Fauzy getting a drive, which would be a retrograde step in my view. I suspect that Virgin and HRT drivers will depend on funding although I'd imagine that the former would want to retain Glock.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 21:37 (Ref:2739570)   #24
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
I can't see there being many changes in the field for next year; for instance McLaren, Ferrari, Williams, Red Bull, Toro Rosso and probably Mercedes will all field the same line up (assuming Schumacher doesn't retire of course).
I wouldn't be surprised if Schumacher was "encouraged" to retire, his performances this year have been truly atrocious - with a driver who could provide better results, in the form of Nick Heidfeld, sitting there doing his GPDA Arthur Scargill bit in between thumb twiddling sessions in the Merc garage.

Quote:
Renault will no doubt keep Kubica and given his improvements of late and funding, Petrov will probably be retained.
Got to agree there, as the rumours tend to lean towards them needing the funding. Even so, Petrov has been pretty good for a rookie.

Quote:
I can't see Force India keeping Liuzzi, so that should see di Resta in there.
Have to agree there, it's tempting to suggest Liuzzi should be benched now but I'm not sure of Paul Di Resta has had enough seat time for him to be a valid proposition now.

Quote:
Sauber will probably need some sponsors for next year so I expect de la Rosa to be dropped and probably Perez in his place (or for a bit of a wild card, maybe Guttierrez). I'd imagine Kobayashi will stay in the second seat.
PDLR hasn't really justified his existence at the team. Doesn't Perez come with Telmex money?

Quote:
In terms of this years new teams, I'd guess Lotus will keep Trulli and Kovaleinen, unless a higher profile name becomes available although I guess there is always the possibility of Fauzy getting a drive, which would be a retrograde step in my view.
I don't forsee them going for Fairuz Fauzy for several reasons. He was presumably selected as test and reserve as part of the whole Malaysian business, which appears to be taking a spot on the backburner with the abandonment of plans to move to Malaysia, the potential purchase of the Team Lotus name and, IIRC, Tony Fernandes planning on moving to Norfolk. That means there is no reason to ignore the fact that he is either unimpressive or desperately slow depending on which part of his career you look at. However, I don't think Jarno Trulli is doing too well this year, if anyone is to be replaced it will be him.

Quote:
I suspect that Virgin and HRT drivers will depend on funding although I'd imagine that the former would want to retain Glock.
Assuming HRT will still be there next year, they will go for whoever brings the biggest cheques - even if we're talking Nissany and Kralev.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 22:03 (Ref:2739580)   #25
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Got to agree there, as the rumours tend to lean towards them needing the funding. Even so, Petrov has been pretty good for a rookie.
I think this may be judgement based on the last two grand prixs, Hungry was an exceptional performance by Petrov and silverstone was solid if nothing else. Renault have had a good car just shy of the mercedes at the start of the year and now marginally better. As a result Kubica has had 2 podiums, a front row start, 100% into Q3 and has amassed 89 points. Petrov has only 2 top ten finishes (5th & 7th), got to Q3 on three occasions and has 17 points. The gap is too big rookie or not IMO

Quote:
However, I don't think Jarno Trulli is doing too well this year, if anyone is to be replaced it will be him.
Compared to Kovalinen he is probbly the weaker driver but this may sound daft but i think Kovalinen is driving the best of his career at the minute and he is enjoying what he's doing. In terms of swapping Trulli for Fauzy, i think trulli's experiance and development knowlage is worth millions to Lotus. He made the Toyota a better car when he joined however reg changes did scupper his work.