Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 28 Oct 2014, 15:19 (Ref:3469413)   #26
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mies7337 View Post
I was soooo fed up with Eurosport after missing the start at race 2..... How can you mess it up sooo bad. Finally they had the best Dutch commentator instead of the Belgian commentator, who is the worst ever. And then..........

Totally disagree. Peter Baert is by far the best commentator on the Dutch team. He is knowledgable, I think he has a nice voice to listen to, and what he says is almost always correct. Nelson Valkenburg however, although much better then he used to be, is more hysteric and more often wrong.
Old 29 Oct 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3469773)   #27
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metzo View Post
i think the racing hasn't changed that much compared to the past seasons. there would be more action if there where more tc1 cars on the grid.
I agree.

Haven't seen the races of last weekend.
Old 29 Oct 2014, 21:11 (Ref:3469821)   #28
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Rubio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metzo View Post
i think the racing hasn't changed that much compared to the past seasons. there would be more action if there where more tc1 cars on the grid.
I also agree. What should we expect from 16 cars? Especially when Citroens follow Citroens, Chevys follow Chevys, Lada usually race in a train, same for Honda. More cars - more action.
Old 29 Oct 2014, 21:52 (Ref:3469831)   #29
Tja
Racer

Tja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio View Post
I also agree. What should we expect from 16 cars? Especially when Citroens follow Citroens, Chevys follow Chevys, Lada usually race in a train, same for Honda. More cars - more action.
It also doesn't help that three to five cars seem to retire halfway through the race in pretty much every race that I've seen. That really thins out an already small grid.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 14:20 (Ref:3472503)   #30
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Notice something about the previous WTCC champions
Ravaglia
Radisich
Biela
Priaulx
Muller
Tarquini
Huff

They all have raced in the BTCC at some point! Ravaglia and Biela won it before, while Radisich won it while racing in the BTCC. So does this mean we'll see Lopez in the BTCC at some point
Old 8 Nov 2014, 07:28 (Ref:3472733)   #31
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Escpecially as the champions in the ETCC, the predesessor of the current WTCC have also driven at the BTCC (to be honest, that adds only 2 names to the list, Giovanardi and Peter Kox)
Old 8 Nov 2014, 13:29 (Ref:3472818)   #32
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
They all have raced in the BTCC at some point! Ravaglia and Biela won it before, while Radisich won it while racing in the BTCC. So does this mean we'll see Lopez in the BTCC at some point
No, they all started in the BTCC before moving up to the WTCC. López is already at the top in the WTCC so why would he move down?
Old 8 Nov 2014, 21:29 (Ref:3472910)   #33
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ravaglia won it in 87. Made his BTCC debut in 94. Biela won it in 95 and joined the BTCC a year later. I know this is different to the current WTCC, but still.
Old 8 Nov 2014, 21:40 (Ref:3472912)   #34
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Of course it's different - Ravaglia had to go somewhere after 1987! There wasn't even a WTCC in 1995. Don't confuse a championship with a one-off cup.
Old 8 Nov 2014, 21:42 (Ref:3472913)   #35
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySpeed View Post
No, they all started in the BTCC before moving up to the WTCC. López is already at the top in the WTCC so why would he move down?
This **** again. It's fairly clear to most people that there isn't much to choose between the quality of the drivers at the front of the WTCC & BTCC grids. Pick 10 of the top 10 drivers from the two series and I think most people would end up with a list with a mixture of both?

Last edited by thetool; 8 Nov 2014 at 21:48.
Old 8 Nov 2014, 22:02 (Ref:3472915)   #36
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
This **** again. It's fairly clear to most people that there isn't much to choose between the quality of the drivers at the front of the WTCC & BTCC grids. Pick 10 of the top 10 drivers from the two series and I think most people would end up with a list with a mixture of both?
I don't disagree. But the WTCC is also a slight step ahead of the BTCC in terms of overall calibre. Without Citroën or RML that might not be the case, but it has the edge. EDIT: I'm obviously not talking about numbers.

Anyway I don't want to compare the two anymore, as your coming out of the woodwork will only take this thread further off-topic.