Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 1 Oct 2017, 03:30 (Ref:3770835)   #1
kyalamigeorge
Rookie

kyalamigeorge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dave Brodie storyteller

Just finished reading "RACE ENGINES ARE EASY, 25 Years of BBR Brodie Brittain Racing 1985-2010". Thoroughly enjoyed the book, highly recommend it, lots of laughs and some sad tales as well. Anyone with an interest in the trials and tribulations of the tuning business and fast cars will enjoy this book. Dave Brodie is a great storyteller. The book can be ordered from Dave Brodie at:- davidbrodie.co.uk
In case you missed it his other book "Last Train To Cockfosters" is also a super read!!
Old 1 Oct 2017, 20:10 (Ref:3771090)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
My favourite Dave Brodie moment was that famous Turkey rant in 1989. Hilarious!
Old 12 Oct 2017, 18:04 (Ref:3773896)   #3
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The epic story of Dave Brodie with Frank Williams as a front seat passenger driving back from Mallory being chased by Ronnie Peterson and Tim Schenken is just incredible. If you check out his web site, the story is in the section headed "Big win at the Palace and graham Hill", if you want a good read this story as related in DB's inimitable style is jaw dropping.

Last edited by justracing; 12 Oct 2017 at 18:13.
Old 15 Dec 2017, 15:09 (Ref:3787266)   #4
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
After enjoying reading the excerpts printed on his website, I've just invested (heavily) in my own set of the full four volumes!
I think it's going to be an interesting (and irreverent) read!
Attached Thumbnails
Brode's Books.jpg  
Old 16 Dec 2017, 07:56 (Ref:3787401)   #5
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
After enjoying reading the excerpts printed on his website, I've just invested (heavily) in my own set of the full four volumes!
I think it's going to be an interesting (and irreverent) read!
Maybe beyond my budget but where did you buy this set and how much?
Old 16 Dec 2017, 17:01 (Ref:3787494)   #6
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Maybe beyond my budget but where did you buy this set and how much?
They were advertised on his website (www.davidbrodie.co.uk) but that appears to be down at the moment. I've contacted him to ask where I can point potential purchasers and will publish his reply when I get it.
Old 16 Dec 2017, 18:52 (Ref:3787521)   #7
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
They were advertised on his website (www.davidbrodie.co.uk) but that appears to be down at the moment. I've contacted him to ask where I can point potential purchasers and will publish his reply when I get it.
Thanks for that, I had the same trouble. A friend who races regularly at Castle Combe went to a club meeting earlier in the year where DB was a guest speaker. Needless to say the evening was very entertaining!
Old 19 Dec 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3788114)   #8
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Thanks for that, I had the same trouble. A friend who races regularly at Castle Combe went to a club meeting earlier in the year where DB was a guest speaker. Needless to say the evening was very entertaining!
Keep an eye on www.davidbrodie.co.uk. the problems are apparently being sorted and it should be up and running again soon. On there you should be able to read excerpts from his books, order your own copies, and much more.
Old 24 Dec 2017, 17:19 (Ref:3789035)   #9
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Just to let everyone know who's interested, www.davidbrodie.co.uk is now up and running again where you cab read excerpts and order your own copies of his books.
Old 24 Dec 2017, 20:07 (Ref:3789060)   #10
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Just to let everyone know who's interested, www.davidbrodie.co.uk is now up and running again where you cab read excerpts and order your own copies of his books.
Thanks for the update.