Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 1 Sep 2016, 09:38 (Ref:3668888)   #126
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What do you mean by "recent history of the 62" ??

This is the second race in a row where they've been taken out by a move that was never going to work. Bamber came from a mile back on old rubber... He never had a chance to make that work. 100% his fault.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 1 Sep 2016, 10:32 (Ref:3668894)   #127
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
What do you mean by "recent history of the 62" ??

This is the second race in a row where they've been taken out by a move that was never going to work. Bamber came from a mile back on old rubber... He never had a chance to make that work. 100% his fault.
62 has been banging off people the last 3 races or have you forgotten?

And you're wrong.
Old 1 Sep 2016, 11:22 (Ref:3668902)   #128
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
62 has been banging off people the last 3 races or have you forgotten?

And you're wrong.
I guess I just haven't thought they've done anything worse than anyone else has been doing all season. Core especially.

I'm not wrong BTW. It's the responsibility of the overtaking driver to complete the pass cleanly. Bamber came from a distance, Fisi took his line, pinched or not, Bamber could, and should have backed out of it. He had the time to, chose not, and punted the 62.

It was avoidable contact. Especially seeing that the Porsche barely had his nose to the wheel arch.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 1 Sep 2016, 11:43 (Ref:3668904)   #129
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I guess I just haven't thought they've done anything worse than anyone else has been doing all season. Core especially.
Nothing to do with anything.
Quote:
I'm not wrong BTW. It's the responsibility of the overtaking driver to complete the pass cleanly. Bamber came from a distance, Fisi took his line, pinched or not, Bamber could, and should have backed out of it. He had the time to, chose not, and punted the 62.

It was avoidable contact. Especially seeing that the Porsche barely had his nose to the wheel arch.
The Ferrari pulled a half assed block. Middle of the road entering because he knew the Porsche was coming. Then turned in earlier than the 2 cars that just went through with the Porsche along side. 50/50 last lap restart racing deal all day, but I respect your opinion to disagree.
Old 1 Sep 2016, 13:27 (Ref:3668922)   #130
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Beaux isn't penalizing at least half of the avoidable contact incidents during races, Bamber on Fisi was yet another textbook example.

Did they ever show a clear replay of the Ford #67 making contact with that GTD Turner BMW early on? I haven't seen anything conclusive up to this point but what the heck happened there?? It was severe enough to basically end Marshal's day...
Old 1 Sep 2016, 13:47 (Ref:3668931)   #131
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Beaux wants the drivers to handle it themselves to an extent.

Which I agree with.
Old 1 Sep 2016, 13:52 (Ref:3668935)   #132
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Greg and Calvin mentioned during the broadcast that they've at least been consistent with the rulings, which I'd agree with and would prefer not being trigger happy with penalties.
Old 1 Sep 2016, 13:53 (Ref:3668936)   #133
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
That clearly depends on the definition of 'certain extent' - which becomes very subjective instantly. It's a gliding slope and it's certainly not moving upwards.
Old 1 Sep 2016, 14:02 (Ref:3668938)   #134
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:

The Ferrari pulled a half assed block. Middle of the road entering because he knew the Porsche was coming. Then turned in earlier than the 2 cars that just went through with the Porsche along side. 50/50 last lap restart racing deal all day, but I respect your opinion to disagree.
And? He took a defensive stance and stuck with it. That's allowed. He made a single move to the apex. I understand why it wasn't called, but, I think that Fisi shoving Bamber off after the checker says it all...
Old 1 Sep 2016, 14:11 (Ref:3668941)   #135
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
And? He took a defensive stance and stuck with it. That's allowed. He made a single move to the apex.
And the single move to the apex was earlier than the normal line, knowing someone was there, so he could've avoided the contact himself.

Quote:
I understand why it wasn't called,
So it was just racing deal where both can share the blame?
Quote:
but, I think that Fisi shoving Bamber off after the checker says it all...
No, it really says nothing other than he was mad.
Old 1 Sep 2016, 14:13 (Ref:3668942)   #136
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
That clearly depends on the definition of 'certain extent' - which becomes very subjective instantly. It's a gliding slope and it's certainly not moving upwards.
Nothing has been deliberate.
Old 1 Sep 2016, 14:37 (Ref:3668951)   #137
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never was a big fan of FISI some dumb moves and very Hot Headed

Would rather see someone else beside him in the RISI Ferrari . But that was ferrari call
Old 1 Sep 2016, 14:58 (Ref:3668955)   #138
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Nothing has been deliberate.
And you're able to tell how?

"No racing, no incidents!" so per that definition every incident is a 'racing incident'. Is that really the direction we wanna go? Welcome to stockcar/touring car racing...
Old 1 Sep 2016, 16:52 (Ref:3668974)   #139
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Deliberate action is quite obvious.

Stock and Touring car racing put on great shows, I see no reason why fendered cars cant get into the bump and grind as well. It wouldn't be as much as stock and ourers because the GT cars are much more fragile.
Old 1 Sep 2016, 17:05 (Ref:3668982)   #140
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Never stopped anyone in TransAm.
Old 1 Sep 2016, 20:00 (Ref:3669013)   #141
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
And the single move to the apex was earlier than the normal line, knowing someone was there, so he could've avoided the contact himself.
so he can't take a defensive line? I'd probably have just gone to outbrake him, but, he compromised his line into the corner to defend. The responsibility still lies on the overtaking driver.
Old 1 Sep 2016, 20:30 (Ref:3669021)   #142
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
so he can't take a defensive line? I'd probably have just gone to outbrake him, but, he compromised his line into the corner to defend.
Sure, you can take a defensive line; just make sure there's no solid objects in said line.
Quote:
The responsibility still lies on the overtaking driver.
This has and always will be a cop out argument. When a move is made by an overtaking driver and a responsive move is made by the defending driver and they come together, they can share the blame, in my book. But I am sure I wrong...
Old 1 Sep 2016, 22:06 (Ref:3669043)   #143
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Sure, you can take a defensive line; just make sure there's no solid objects in said line.

This has and always will be a cop out argument. When a move is made by an overtaking driver and a responsive move is made by the defending driver and they come together, they can share the blame, in my book. But I am sure I wrong...

Someone is sure you are.

L.P.
Old 1 Sep 2016, 22:38 (Ref:3669047)   #144
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Yes maybe from a pure ethical standpoint, but not the rulebook
Old 1 Sep 2016, 23:23 (Ref:3669057)   #145
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
All depends on one's ethics, I reckon

Hope the trip to southern Virginia was pleasant and enjoyable for you, seanyb.
Old 1 Sep 2016, 23:29 (Ref:3669060)   #146
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:

Fisi started moving before Bamber got there though...
Old 1 Sep 2016, 23:38 (Ref:3669061)   #147
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Fisi started moving before Bamber got there though...
Yeah, kinda all happened at once, but I don't agree with most if your posts and we won't agree on this. I'm fine with that.