Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Jan 2014, 11:43 (Ref:3355566)   #26
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I once met Ron at a function and asked him a simple question, " How's thing's going in Woking?" His answer was simple and straight to the point.

At McLaren, we objectively target next-generation potentialities so we can
completely visualize performance based benefits. The reason is to objectively reintermediate proactive methods of empowerment thus we
Old 18 Jan 2014, 18:33 (Ref:3355672)   #27
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=mountainstar;3355347]Ross Brawn-Honda-McLaren, it all makes sense to me.

Absolutely, plus Jenson – well acquainted with all parties – for good measure. Whether RD could stomach that is open to conjecture.
Old 18 Jan 2014, 23:01 (Ref:3355732)   #28
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1302 View Post
Why would Ross rawn want to be team principal again? he's been there ad done that and went on to own his own team.
Oh I think there would be more to it than team principal whether now or in the future. Or maybe not. Maybe it's time for Ross Brawn to sail into the sunset.
Old 24 Jan 2014, 15:48 (Ref:3358081)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
According to this Boullier is to become team boss.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112254
Old 26 Aug 2014, 10:14 (Ref:3447661)   #30
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Martin Whitmarsh has left McLaren according to reports. He has reached an agreement with Ron Dennis over his leaving.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115578

I wonder will he end up working elsewhere in motorsport or F1?
Old 26 Aug 2014, 14:49 (Ref:3447777)   #31
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Martin Whitmarsh has left McLaren according to reports. He has reached an agreement with Ron Dennis over his leaving.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115578

I wonder will he end up working elsewhere in motorsport or F1?
Only just announced, but 'apparently' he's been off the premises for months...
Old 2 Oct 2014, 09:13 (Ref:3459446)   #32
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There could be another twist to this story yet. Apparently Ron is on his way too... to be replaced by... Gerhard Berger ??!!??

Breaking story here.
Old 2 Oct 2014, 09:57 (Ref:3459456)   #33
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
There could be another twist to this story yet. Apparently Ron is on his way too... to be replaced by... Gerhard Berger ??!!??

Breaking story here.
Surely, this needs to be in the Silly Season thread. Ron Dennis IS McLaren?
Old 2 Oct 2014, 10:24 (Ref:3459466)   #34
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Surely, this needs to be in the Silly Season thread. Ron Dennis IS McLaren?
He's probably given a stern talking to himself... didn't like what he heard and went ahead and fired himself !
Old 2 Oct 2014, 10:49 (Ref:3459475)   #35
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
He's probably given a stern talking to himself... didn't like what he heard and went ahead and fired himself !
Wow, that would have been an 'interesting' conversation to listen in on, especially if he argued!
Old 2 Oct 2014, 11:20 (Ref:3459482)   #36
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I reckon Ron replaced a folder on its shelf one place out of order and felt he had no option but to sack himself on the spot.
Old 2 Oct 2014, 12:02 (Ref:3459487)   #37
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Gerhard Berger? The man who seems intent on screwing up the entire single seater ladder?
Old 2 Oct 2014, 12:10 (Ref:3459489)   #38
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Limiting him to just screwing up McLaren sounds like a good move to me.
Old 2 Oct 2014, 12:22 (Ref:3459491)   #39
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
I reckon Ron replaced a folder on its shelf one place out of order and felt he had no option but to sack himself on the spot.
dismissed for non-compliance of the rainbow hierarchy in his highlighter array
Old 2 Oct 2014, 12:29 (Ref:3459494)   #40
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Old 2 Oct 2014, 12:36 (Ref:3459498)   #41
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
this has the making of a buzzfeed article. 20 reasons ron dennis would sack himself
Old 2 Oct 2014, 13:10 (Ref:3459511)   #42
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
During a stormy meeting, Dennis explains himself to the McLaren board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6o881n35GU
Old 2 Oct 2014, 13:16 (Ref:3459513)   #43
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
During a stormy meeting, Dennis explains himself to the McLaren board.
I just read that as 'McLaren Borg'.
Old 2 Oct 2014, 14:28 (Ref:3459541)   #44
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if this is something to do with Alonso.

"I'll come back, only if Ron is nothing to do with the team".

The last attempt at working together was pretty hard to recover from
Old 2 Oct 2014, 14:35 (Ref:3459544)   #45
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcym View Post
I wonder if this is something to do with Alonso.

"I'll come back, only if Ron is nothing to do with the team".

The last attempt at working together was pretty hard to recover from
Can you imagine the response from Ron if this was put to him ? But there may be something in it. What if Honda said we want Alonso in the car for next year [after all they're supposedly paying the driver salaries]... and Ron you need to put the team before yourself ?
Old 2 Oct 2014, 19:53 (Ref:3459627)   #46
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Eddie Jordan has been doing a question and answer sesion for fans on the BBC web site. In it he was asked about Alonso's possible moves. In his reply Eddie hinted at possible managment changes at McLaren as part of a move by Alonso. I wonder what that could be? Ron?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/29422678
Old 2 Oct 2014, 20:41 (Ref:3459641)   #47
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
First Berger is being touted for the top job and now Alonso is beng put forward as a prospect for team principal. I'm dizzy.
Old 8 Oct 2014, 21:28 (Ref:3462327)   #48
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
A move by Berger to McLaren may not be out of question according to this article on Crash.net.

http://www.crash.net/f1/feature/2094...rand-prix.html
Old 9 Oct 2014, 00:06 (Ref:3462359)   #49
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
A move by Berger to McLaren may not be out of question according to this article on Crash.net.
First Vettel to Ferrari, then it is Hamilton to Mclaren, now it's Berger to McLaren after 22 years. After what I thought would be a static and decidedly straight silly season, I suddenly find myself livin' in the twilight zone.

I half expect Fangio to pop up next.
Old 9 Oct 2014, 02:36 (Ref:3462392)   #50
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I half expect Fangio to pop up next.
Surely a dead certainty.