Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 14 Jun 2005, 21:06 (Ref:1328744)   #1
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"Just Al" lands full time ride in Atlantics

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/17581/

Looks like Al Unser III will be driving for Brooks Associates for the rest of the season. Its good to have more full time drivers in the series. Maybe the name will help draw a few fans, but I doubt it, unless he starts running up front, which I would doubt from his past racing experiences.
Old 14 Jun 2005, 22:18 (Ref:1328805)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
good luck to him.

I saw a few races of his in IPS I think and he did Ok not sure if he is as good as his family tree but I wish him well
Old 15 Jun 2005, 00:57 (Ref:1328885)   #3
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He didn't fair to well in Barber Dodge Pro, or in Toyota Atlantic last year...he has two 4th place finishes this year in IPS. The IPS field isn't exactly strong though.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 02:25 (Ref:1328914)   #4
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, from what I can see he doesn't have much of a track record for the last couple of years. jjspierx, have you seen him in person or had a more detailed look? Do you think he has potential? It's good to see KK putting money behind young drivers, but so far marketing potential seems to be the primary objective. My other concern is that subsidization seems to permiate every aspect of CC, is it creating a foundation of sand if that funding is ever reduced?

What ever happened to Leonardo Maia? He did a heck of a job in Barber Dodge in 2003. Given that he dominated much like Almendinger before him, he certainly didn't have record in IPS the way AJ did in Atlantics.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 17:42 (Ref:1329466)   #5
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
Yeah, I've seen Al a few times, once in Toronto, once in Portland in Barber Dodge, and I'm think one of his Atlantic races last year was in Portland, if so, I saw him there, but I don't remember.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 19:33 (Ref:1329714)   #6
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
This is great news and all...

But I'd hate to see a "Danica" and have him jump from Atlantics to IRL.

Both camps, I'm sure, are eager to capitalize on the name.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 02:22 (Ref:1330009)   #7
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Unser says he’d like to find a one-off Champ Car ride at Mexico City this season, do a full Toyota Atlantic program and a handful of Champ Car races next year, and then the full CCWS schedule in ’07.
SpeedTV
Old 16 Jun 2005, 03:37 (Ref:1330037)   #8
Racer

Antarctica
FL
2112 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy
This is awesome news!