Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 7 Jan 2012, 23:58 (Ref:3008763)   #226
Dan_mx5
Rookie

England
Stanley, Co. Durham
Dan_mx5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgeecars View Post
done this a fair few times with the integra running in new parts and scrubbing in new tyres, you do get some funny looks off joe public mind
we were doing it before the graphics went on and it wasn't too bad but now there are no front lights at all and a new side exit exhaust that is pretty loud. dont think i would get too far without getting a tug... would have to catch me first though!!! hmmmmm
Old 8 Jan 2012, 00:30 (Ref:3008772)   #227
roadboy
Racer

roadboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, just let me know Dan.

I was gonna head down to Blyton Park when it got a bit warmer but even though I've done 700 road miles in it I still have the same concerns as you about travelling so far with an untested car. Could be big waste of a day.

Getting back to the calendar situation I would rather drop down to 6 meetings than have Snetterton on the calendar but I realise that's not a view that's likely to be shared by many.

Dan
Old 8 Jan 2012, 08:21 (Ref:3008875)   #228
JeffC
Rookie

JeffC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be up for a bit of testing at teesside but wont be able to make this week, waiting on a oil fitting to get it back up and running again after fitting the baffled sump and oil cooler , oh and then theres the other 30 jobs or so to complete before its ready to race ! but would like to get on track at the same time as another 1600 to see if this car is any good and will go round corners!!
Old 8 Jan 2012, 09:41 (Ref:3008885)   #229
roadboy
Racer

Well I'll definitely be doing Knockhill in April Jeff. It's fairly cheap up there.

Might do more pre-season testing it depends on time and money as always.

Give me a shout when you're ready to test as I'd rather test with another 1600 too.

Dan
Old 8 Jan 2012, 11:15 (Ref:3008915)   #230
Dan_mx5
Rookie

England
Stanley, Co. Durham
Dan_mx5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i will join you up Knockhill Dan. i need all the practice i can get! pretty sure Alan is up for it too. be good to get a good bunch together.
Old 8 Jan 2012, 11:33 (Ref:3008923)   #231
roadboy
Racer

Will let you know the dates for April when I get them.

Dan
Old 8 Jan 2012, 11:44 (Ref:3008926)   #232
Westysprinter
Racer

England
Washington
Westysprinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gibson View Post
Whilst we await the MSA on the regs, another change.
MSVR are now not having a meeting at Cadwell on August 4th this is due to them like all the clubs radicalising their events and trying to make some money by cutting back on the number of events and maximising the available time at events.
They however have offered us a slot on the same weekend but at Snetterton (Norfolk) I appreciate we are the “Northern” Saloon & Sports Car Championship but this is still a lot nearer than Anglesey which was a possible round which we replaced with Rockingham, the upshot is that we will be appearing on the British F3/GT weekend.
Thoughts Please.

Steve
Theres 10 miles difference between Snetterton and Anglesey. and believe me Anglesey is about 45 minutes easier, is a better circuit and they don't lock to toilets and run out of food at 2.00 on an afternoon. and of course it can still be considered as north! For me it would be Anglesey every time.
But as it looks like there wont be a class for modified 1600 kit cars in the NSSCC I doubt I wil be able to join you
Old 8 Jan 2012, 12:12 (Ref:3008933)   #233
ChrisG99
Racer

United Kingdom
STOCKTON-ON-TEES
ChrisG99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westysprinter View Post
Theres 10 miles difference between Snetterton and Anglesey. and believe me Anglesey is about 45 minutes easier, is a better circuit and they don't lock to toilets and run out of food at 2.00 on an afternoon. and of course it can still be considered as north! For me it would be Anglesey every time.
But as it looks like there wont be a class for modified 1600 kit cars in the NSSCC I doubt I wil be able to join you
Mark, I do not know how long it is since you have been to Snetterton but it is just like all of JP's other circuits (clean and attempting to look after Joe Public). Where I have never known the toilets or the showers to be locked. as to running out of food there has always been something to eat and I have not had to stop on the way back to eat, and as you probably realise the CoC team have to eat at some strange times due to being engaged at the normal eating times.
I think you will find that Class E3 which is where you raced in 2011 has not changed, unless you have changed the spec of your car then there is E1.
Old 8 Jan 2012, 12:18 (Ref:3008935)   #234
roadboy
Racer

So is it definitely gonna be Snetterton then?

Dan
Old 8 Jan 2012, 12:23 (Ref:3008937)   #235
ChrisG99
Racer

United Kingdom
STOCKTON-ON-TEES
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadboy View Post
So is it definitely gonna be Snetterton then?

Dan
No decision has been made yet but will be by tomorrow as MSVR have set a dealine as others are wanting the date. But it is looking like a 12 round championship if we do not take this date as there is nothing else available.
Old 8 Jan 2012, 12:29 (Ref:3008943)   #236
ChrisG99
Racer

United Kingdom
STOCKTON-ON-TEES
Darlington web site has been updated with various details for NSSCC 2012 including a DRAFT version of the regulations.
Old 8 Jan 2012, 13:12 (Ref:3008953)   #237
Peter Dixon
Racer

Peter Dixon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG99 View Post
No decision has been made yet but will be by tomorrow as MSVR have set a dealine as others are wanting the date. But it is looking like a 12 round championship if we do not take this date as there is nothing else available.
I would rather have it on there than just knocking 2 rounds off to be fair. I like variety so even though its a bit of a pain in the ass I would rather have snetterton there than nothing at all.

But, you've got to go with the majority, I must admit, I think it will be difficult to get a full grid down there.
Old 8 Jan 2012, 15:08 (Ref:3008988)   #238
Westysprinter
Racer

England
Washington
Westysprinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

went to Snetterton in October, thoroughly shocked with the place. they actually locked the toilets and had run out of food in the catering at 2.00 in the afternoon. The paddock congestion was no better than Cadwell.
As I said It would be Anglesey every time for me
But now I've seen the Draft regs I'm pretty disappointed with the club. why has E 3 regs been changed so that fundamentally there is no where for a modified 1600 kit car to go
If there is a need for a controlled class then why hasn't class D also been restricted to standard intake systems?
I remember being told that the kit car class was dwindling, with a lack of foresight and regs like this its no wonder
As a minimum, fine, keep class E3 as some sort of bizarre restricted class, but also have a restricted class for tin tops. and split class E1 into cc divisions
as they are written one class is being picked on very heavily for some reason unbeknownst and I hope the MSA question it also
Old 8 Jan 2012, 15:20 (Ref:3008994)   #239
roadboy
Racer

Well just had a look at the DDMC website.

I'll not be joining you guys this year as the Regs have been rewritten for this year to specifically exclude my car.

Can't see the point but, hey ho!

Have fun.

Dan
Old 8 Jan 2012, 15:40 (Ref:3009005)   #240
Peter Dixon
Racer

Quote:

I'll not be joining you guys this year as the Regs have been rewritten for this year to specifically exclude my car.

Have fun.

Dan
Thought you were entering class D Dan, cant see anything there that would restrict your car?
Old 8 Jan 2012, 15:50 (Ref:3009009)   #241
ChrisG99
Racer

United Kingdom
STOCKTON-ON-TEES
Quote:
went to Snetterton in October, thoroughly shocked with the place. they actually locked the toilets and had run out of food in the catering at 2.00 in the afternoon. The paddock congestion was no better than Cadwell.
But now I've seen the Draft regs I'm pretty disappointed with the club. why has E 3 regs been changed so that fundamentally there is no where for a modified 1600 kit car to go
If there is a need for a controlled class then why hasn't class D also been restricted to standard intake systems?
I remember being told that the kit car class was dwindling, with a lack of foresight and regs like this its no wonder
As a minimum, fine, keep class E3 as some sort of bizarre restricted class, but also have a restricted class for tin tops. and split class E1 into cc divisions
as they are written one class is being picked on very heavily for some reason unbeknownst and I hope the MSA question it also
Mark,
As far as I see from the regs if you were eligible in 2011 in E3 all that has been added is fuel injection cars, so yours still complies. This surely helps to boost numbers.
Please let me know how you read them that makes your car ineligible.
Old 8 Jan 2012, 15:52 (Ref:3009010)   #242
ChrisG99
Racer

United Kingdom
STOCKTON-ON-TEES
Quote:

Have fun.

Dan
What car and class were you going to race in because if possible the Club does not want to stop people competing in the Championship.
Old 8 Jan 2012, 16:01 (Ref:3009012)   #243
Peter Dixon
Racer

Quote:
Mark, to be fair, your car wasn't really eligible for E3 in 2011 if you look at the regs. E3 is that weird class for bog standard 1800 zetecs and such like, waist of time if you ask me. Think what my old man said sounded good, upto 1000cc bike engines/upto 1600cc cars engines, then over 1000cc/over 1600 cars, job done.
Old 8 Jan 2012, 16:21 (Ref:3009018)   #244
roadboy
Racer

Quote:
What car and class were you going to race in because if possible the Club does not want to stop people competing in the Championship.
Hi Chris,

I have a Lotus Elise which I built up using the 2011 regs. It has a 1600 K series engine and is still fully road legal, MOT'd and everything. It is however a central seat car.

Which is specifically excluded by this new regulation that was not in last years regulations.

"The driver's seat must be wholly located to one side of the vehicle centre line."

Not sure why this has been added.

There is no performance advantage whatsoever from the central seat and the car is still actually road-going, nevermind just based on a road-going car!

I'm a little disappointed to say the least.

Dan
Old 8 Jan 2012, 16:29 (Ref:3009020)   #245
simon.g
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bishop Auckland
simon.g should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hard to see from the pic, but is that roll cage all you need, i would of thought it would have to similar to the mx5 cages in a car like yours, i could be wrong like

si
Old 8 Jan 2012, 16:36 (Ref:3009022)   #246
Peter Dixon
Racer

Dan, surely it would be easy enough to put it back to the standard driving position, I would just do that, then you can come and play.
Old 8 Jan 2012, 16:44 (Ref:3009025)   #247
roadboy
Racer

That is a Custom Cages T45 4 point cage and is MSA approved.

Peter it is around 80 hours labour to convert to right hand drive.

Would be interested to know why this regulation has been added.

Dan
Old 8 Jan 2012, 16:50 (Ref:3009028)   #248
ChrisG99
Racer

United Kingdom
STOCKTON-ON-TEES
Dan,

Another problem I see is the Roll cage from your photo there does not appear to be a front cage or side protection fitted.
Old 8 Jan 2012, 16:52 (Ref:3009030)   #249
simon.g
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bishop Auckland
simon.g should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
have a look at this one

http://www.customcages.co.uk/Rollcag...type=Bolt%20In
Old 8 Jan 2012, 16:58 (Ref:3009033)   #250
roadboy
Racer

Quote:
Dan,

Another problem I see is the Roll cage from your photo there does not appear to be a front cage or side protection fitted.
Hi Chris,

These cages are used in nearly every series I know of involving Lotus Elise. Are there any new MSA regulations that exclude this?

Nearly all the cars in the Elise Trophy, Lotus Cup UK, etc. run this cage.

Any comment about why the regulation about the seat mounting has been added?

Cheers

Dan