Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3 Mar 2008, 19:16 (Ref:2143523)   #24
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Bob, I don't think we're going to see evolution and development of cars on a meaningful level under current circumstances. The one way I could see it working is if tracks didn't worry about standard insurance, but put their insurance on each and every ticket (as in, each ticket would include a waiver of liability for the track and series racing there).

As to the cars, I was watching some old CART footage from the 1980s. The 1983 cars, like the ones Teo Fabi, Mario Andretti, and Bobby Rahal were dirving, were visually very mean machines. They were long, low, smooth, sharp cars. The cockpit surround was fairly substantial, which would be good for driver protection. And the height of the cockpit, along with the large rear wing endplates, appeared to make the cars more stable; Desire Wilson didn't do a Dario Franchitti when she got sideways and crashed at Pocono in 1983.