Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17 Jun 2013, 23:46 (Ref:3264063)   #1
spud411
Rookie

spud411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How to become a Motorsport Commentator?

Hi
Well I'm 16 and have just finished my exams. I don't know why, but I've always loved the idea of being a commentator; I've always thought it would be something I'd be good at and something that I'd deeply enjoy. For example I always seem to end up shouting at the TV telling Ben Edwards or Tim Harvey that they've told their audience the wrong car's crashed when it was his team-mate!

I have a huge passion for motorsport, inparticular Sportscars and Touring Cars. I attend as many events as I can, including the British GT, BTCC and I've been to what is now the FIA GT series as well. I have a very good knowladge, (well at least I think I do ) about motorsport, including Formula 1. I could tell you any British GT driver, team track and car! I've loved motorsport since I was little, and the fact that I could show my passion doing commentry would be brilliant for me.

I know that I'm not going to be the next F1 commentator for the BBC, but does anyone know how I'd go about starting at the botttom of the commentry ladder and working my way up?
Who should I ask? Where should I ask? What should I be aiming for?

Thanks!