Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 16 Sep 2011, 22:13 (Ref:2956619)   #51
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
q'ing session starting in a little less than 135 minutes, btw.

More like 12 minutes...
Old 16 Sep 2011, 22:17 (Ref:2956622)   #52
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
More like 12 minutes...
Thanks, "official timer".

I've been know to foul up q'ing times in the past...

...and mistype and remistype things.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 22:18 (Ref:2956623)   #53
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
FYI international stream is on, Hindy rambling on the background...
Old 16 Sep 2011, 22:28 (Ref:2956633)   #54
Deleted
Veteran

I've said this before but they sure love interviewing Joey Hand before, during and after sessions... I don't even dislike the guy (as much as the car he drives) but it's very irritating nevertheless
Old 16 Sep 2011, 22:43 (Ref:2956638)   #55
Deleted
Veteran

Great... first time ever I've had someone else than Black Swan picked as GTC pole winner in FRC, and of course it's immediate failure.

Second row would be good enough for vettes today.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 22:45 (Ref:2956639)   #56
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Great... first time ever I've had someone else than Black Swan picked as GTC pole winner in FRC, and of course it's immediate failure.
You and me both; WTF were we thinking?

GT q'ing underway with Oli Gaven on top thus far.....
Old 16 Sep 2011, 22:49 (Ref:2956642)   #57
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
And E3 has turned into the Joey Hand show....
Old 16 Sep 2011, 22:51 (Ref:2956644)   #58
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
1.22.2?
Old 16 Sep 2011, 22:52 (Ref:2956645)   #59
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...and it looks like ALMS/ESPN3/whomever finally caught on to the trick to watching the live streaming for us US/non-espn3 people.

Argh!
Old 16 Sep 2011, 22:57 (Ref:2956649)   #60
Deleted
Veteran

AAAARGH Joey... but that was a nice lap from Olly to split the bimmers.

Goof positions for ESM, but as usual they'll screw everything up tomorrow
Old 16 Sep 2011, 22:58 (Ref:2956650)   #61
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Im starting to wonder if the speed from the BMws is a result of the BMW's themselves. or just the Joey Hand Dirk Muller factor.

1 second up on the rest of the field? thats just insane.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 23:23 (Ref:2956657)   #62
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Wow, look at that! Session underway and the 16 Dyson has the bonnet off.

Edit: 16 on course now while Kane in the Oryx/Dyson breaks into the 14s!!!
Old 16 Sep 2011, 23:29 (Ref:2956659)   #63
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Times falling as Guy Smith breaks into the 13s.

Fernandez in the 007 behind both Dyson but still quicker than Cytosport, which looks to be finished for the session.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 23:37 (Ref:2956662)   #64
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Hughly impressed with Stephan Kane !!!
Old 16 Sep 2011, 23:37 (Ref:2956663)   #65
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Hughly impressed with Stephan Kane !!!
Me too. He is QUICK!
Old 16 Sep 2011, 23:49 (Ref:2956670)   #66
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's Hindy and Jeremy Shaw actually. Wish it was Tyler thou, one of my favourites from good ol' FIA GT years
Whoops, right you are. I've been getting my announcers mixed up lately. Shaw is the one with the wild hair. Seriously, Hindy and Shaw should do Hair Club for Men commercials!
Old 17 Sep 2011, 00:18 (Ref:2956677)   #67
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Talking points from qualifying -

-Dyson have done an excellent job this season particularly since they started running two cars, credit also to Mazda/AER.

-AMR immediately on the pace, makes me wonder how the ILMC regulars will perform at PLM.

-Level 5 have progressed from being stuck amongst the LMPC/GTE traffic to potentially mixing it with P1's if they get run longer stints.

-I've not followed LMPC closely during races but they're always entertaining in qualifying, could do with a few more to make the competition even more intense.
Old 17 Sep 2011, 00:56 (Ref:2956689)   #68
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Wow, I guess I have totally not been paying attention, but just noticed that AWOL is back. I knew about Butch, but missed notice that Andy was back.
Old 17 Sep 2011, 10:07 (Ref:2956791)   #69
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
-Dyson have done an excellent job this season particularly since they started running two cars, credit also to Mazda/AER.
Might have something to do with the fact that they've been getting bigger restrictors than Cytosport all year. But you're right, as long as they keep avoiding pit lane screw ups they're good to go. And I wasn't actually expecting the Oryx entry to be this strong.
Old 17 Sep 2011, 10:28 (Ref:2956801)   #70
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Might have something to do with the fact that they've been getting bigger restrictors than Cytosport all year. But you're right, as long as they keep avoiding pit lane screw ups they're good to go. And I wasn't actually expecting the Oryx entry to be this strong.
Not to mention a 50 kg weight advantage on Cytosport this year...
Old 17 Sep 2011, 14:52 (Ref:2956888)   #71
haribo
Racer

haribo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just for fun, I decided to look at Google streetview for the Laguna Seca circuit. I wonder when it was done? Looks like an ALMS weekend - maybe 2 years ago?

http://g.co/maps/b7zn7
Old 17 Sep 2011, 14:56 (Ref:2956891)   #72
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by haribo View Post
Just for fun, I decided to look at Google streetview for the Laguna Seca circuit. I wonder when it was done? Looks like an ALMS weekend - maybe 2 years ago?

hahaha thats interesting. I think its from 2008. When the highcroft car was at it's peak.
Old 17 Sep 2011, 14:56 (Ref:2956892)   #73
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by haribo View Post

With a GT1 Corvette, an Audi and a Lola coupe in the frame, I'd say 2008.
Old 17 Sep 2011, 15:35 (Ref:2956903)   #74
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its from when BK Motorsports ran the Lola Mazda Coupe.
Old 17 Sep 2011, 18:17 (Ref:2956960)   #75
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
What CET is the race on please ?