Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Sep 2004, 08:00 (Ref:1091656)   #26
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Frankly I am amazed, Bernie has been a regular in the paddocks for over 30 years and been involved in F1 for 50, yet most don't get him.

He is being Bernie. If he reads the papers, the motorsport press or these forums we must really crack him up.

Old 10 Sep 2004, 13:16 (Ref:1091946)   #27
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Its all part of Bernies 'Dont turn off folks, it is'nt over yet' marketing strategy :P
Old 10 Sep 2004, 13:23 (Ref:1091954)   #28
Warrior21
Rookie

Warrior21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For God sake, is this thread really necessary? Does some really care if he wears the cap or not!
Old 10 Sep 2004, 19:07 (Ref:1092224)   #29
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I do he has made history and deserved the title.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 19:26 (Ref:1092240)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't.

I accept the history bit. But I consider the cap to be yet another unnecessary merchandising rip-off.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 19:29 (Ref:1092244)   #31
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, so do I. Funnily enough though, I feel no sympathy for anyone I see wearing them.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 19:30 (Ref:1092246)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Absolutely. After all we all have a choice..........
Old 10 Sep 2004, 21:03 (Ref:1092333)   #33
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, whether you like TGF or not, 7 titles is a historical achievement and then some. Bernie's right though, the championship isn't officially over until the last race of the season has been run...
Old 10 Sep 2004, 23:00 (Ref:1092373)   #34
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree, R.
Even the 'historical achievement' part...
Old 10 Sep 2004, 23:02 (Ref:1092375)   #35
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
But I consider the cap to be yet another unnecessary merchandising rip-off.
I'm buying one, now.

Although I also got suckered into the TVR rugby shirt, which clearly was a 'unnecessary merchandising rip-off'.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 08:34 (Ref:1092670)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, but a very nice colour........

Hell, there are so few Ferrari/Schuey merchandising opportunities available to us, aren't there.......?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 11 Sep 2004 at 08:35.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 17:12 (Ref:1093088)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How many caps has Schuey had recently? It must be two per year since 2000? I'm surprised others don't do this.

DC could release an extra one per year, with a stripe added for every year he hasn't won the title.

But then, people will buy these things I suppose. Only glad I'm not foolish enough to buy one every year because a stripe has been added, or a number has changed.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 17:58 (Ref:1093122)   #38
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You cant blame Ferrari... if you look all over the world the demand for Schumacher and Ferrari merchandise is hugh... a bit of pocket money earned by their standards