Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26 Jan 2014, 13:14 (Ref:3359593)   #1
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alternative Ideas for the Sprint Unlimited

So it's almost time for the horrendous sponsor-driven mess that is the Sprint Unlimited. (I'm sure there's a post from last season about this but I can't find it).

So, who has ideas for improving the race? Here's my proposal:

- 100 miles (40 laps) single segment. However in order to keep the cars in the favoured 'wreck waiting to happen' formation, there will be a Debris, sorry I mean Competition Caution at lap 35, during which the fileld will be frozen. GWC rules will also be in operation.

Eligibility will be as follows:
- The reigning Sprint Unlimited Winner
- The current Series Champion
- All drivers who qualified for the previous seasons 'Chase' (note: this is drivers who qualified on points, not by stamping their feet and complaining that life isn't fair...)
- All drivers who won a pole or full-distance race during the previous regular season (rain-off's will not count)
- Any driver that has won a previous regular season race at Daytona

In addition the following 'picks' and wildcard spots will be available:

- The Fan Favourite: Will be awarded to any driver with the surname 'Earnhardt Jnr' who has not qualified by other means. If there is no eligible driver then it will go to a phone vote.

- The Marketing Potential Favourite: Will be awarded to any driver with the surname 'Patrick' who has not qualified by other means. If there is no eligible driver then it will be decided by the race sponsor.

- The 'I have retired, honestly' wildcard - Will be automatically awarded to Mark Martin unless he actually has retired this time, in which case it will go to the oldest driver who has not qualified by any other means.

- The Boogity Boogity Wildcard: All drivers who have not qualified by any of the above will have their names put into a hat. One name at random will be drawn by Darrell Waltripp who will be blindfolded using one of Michaels god-awful ties (tie to be chosen by fan vote).