Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Sep 2009, 18:34 (Ref:2546167)   #1
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA historic series ???

We, the driver and entrant, pays FIA a lots and lots of money for FIA papers, FIA homologation, FIA approved suits, shoes, helmets and seats, FIA approved circuits and lot of other things that FIA has their fingers in.
When are they beginning to give us something back ??
In historic racing we, here at 10 Tenths, have been writing about legality of our cars and in what direction historic racing is going.

My suggestion is that FIA organized a historic champion serie for cars that have FIA homologation papers, in TC and GTS categories. Just like the Lurani Cup for Formula Juniors.
There have been a FIA championship in these categories before, but that ended, alas.

The FIA should be the corners stone of high standards in historic racing, and this cannot be reach when a promotor is the organizer of a serie, in my opinion.
The FIA can issue papers, and they have the power to enforce the legality of cars in their events.
This would, in my opinion, set the goal for other who wish to follow that line.

Is there others who shares my view?
Old 22 Sep 2009, 18:57 (Ref:2546179)   #2
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Completely agree Henrik,something I have asked the FIA about,they said

So I gave up on the idea,I'm sure it is something that would go down very well with a lot of drivers. Quite a few are completely be-bewildered by how lapse some series have become by their choice of entrants cars.
Old 23 Sep 2009, 07:42 (Ref:2546441)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Agree Henrik, but alas we're wasting our breath

at least until theres a proper change at the top
Old 26 Sep 2009, 15:58 (Ref:2548638)   #4
Andy Bacon
Rookie

England
Bedford and Phuket
Andy Bacon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed

Those at the top of the FIA are just a bunch of self-serving crooks so it won't change anytime soon.
Old 26 Sep 2009, 16:28 (Ref:2548647)   #5
Enrico Spaggiari
Rookie

Italy
Verona , Italy
Enrico Spaggiari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I totally agree with you Henrik !!!
I am missing so much the FIA TC65 races!!!
Personally I don't like the choice of several racing organizers who make separate grids for european cars and american ones. Historic Touring car races should be open to all the saloon cars buitl before 66, from the DKWs to the big Galaxies.
I don't think we are going to see an FIA historic racing serie in the close future, but it could be interesting to see how many people share our thinking.