Old 5 Apr 2014, 10:28 (Ref:3388955)   #1
Martin 2CV
Rookie

Martin 2CV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
24H 2CV 2014

Hello:

2CV 24 Heures D'Anglesey
in association with Professional MotorSport World Expo, Koln

I'm new to this Forum, and am involved with the Classic 2CV Racing Club in helping organise the 24 Hour at Anglesey.

The date is set for the weekend of August 30/31. Ours will be the only race over the weekend, and we have open pit-lane testing on the Friday.

The road-going 2CV's club, 2CVGB, will be having their annual meet at the circuit that weekend with 400+ 2CV's coming along. Citroen Car Club and Citroen Specials Club are also invited. With all of them and all the race crews, we anticipate around 1000 people on site, making for a great atmosphere. All marshals coming along will be honoured guests at the many activities that will be going on over the weekend.

The circuit management have invested massively in the circuit over recent years. We're even told that there may be hook-ups in some parts of the caravan area!

Anglesey is a wonderful holiday island, with lots going on. The circuit is in a beautiful location, right next to the sea. The circuit management have indicated that they can be flexible with regard to anyone wanting to stay for a few days either side of the race weekend.

As for noise limitations, seagulls are often louder than 2CV's!

If anyone has any questions, I'd be pleased to answer them via PM's. Or visit: www.2cvracing.org.uk
Old 5 Apr 2014, 13:30 (Ref:3388995)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ten-Tenths will be well represented at this event!
Old 5 Apr 2014, 20:21 (Ref:3389078)   #3
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely love the 2CV 24hr! The first 24hr I did, and I've done it for the last 4 years. Alas, Anglesea is a little too far for me, so I don't think I'll make it this year
Old 6 Apr 2014, 10:44 (Ref:3389246)   #4
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Just the last 3 for me, but it's the same excuse. Anglesey is just too far away & remote for me and my support team. Hope those closer to it support and enjoy the event.
Old 10 Apr 2014, 06:09 (Ref:3390704)   #5
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We have not done any volunteering for this year (see other threads) and no idea about dates, but this sparks an interest - but does it clash with the Silverstone Classic? Bill is already missing WEC and Donington Historics, so I will have to be a "good wife" and go with his preference.

We did a few events at Croix-en-Ternois (?Spelling) which lovely Brenda organised and an abiding memory is of an absolutely fantastic 2CV race (2 or 4 hr, can't remember) which went right to the line.

And we love Anglesey as well!
Old 10 Apr 2014, 07:53 (Ref:3390719)   #6
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh View Post
but does it clash with the Silverstone Classic?
The Classic is the 25-27th July.
Old 10 Apr 2014, 15:30 (Ref:3390815)   #7
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
already volunteered and ferry booked!
Old 10 Apr 2014, 19:41 (Ref:3390864)   #8
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Also already volunteered! For me, it's closer than Snetterton - so apologies to those for who it's now too far, but your loss and all that

I don't need a ferry though.
Old 12 Apr 2014, 21:09 (Ref:3391571)   #9
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Volunteered. I'll be driving up from Poole and arriving late Thursday night.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 13 Apr 2014, 10:18 (Ref:3391886)   #10
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Volunteered - but after just 4 hrs of the "Fun" cup yesterday, I may reconsider lol.
I'm guessing tho that this meeting (for us marshals) is probably about the 1: novelty of marshalling in the dark and 2: the social aspect rather than actually watching 2cvs trundling around?
Old 23 Jun 2014, 20:49 (Ref:3425596)   #11
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2CV 24Hrs at Anglesey

i know its a few weeks yet but does anyone know if we just have the 24hr or do we have any supports to. also who is coming
Old 24 Jun 2014, 11:20 (Ref:3425857)   #12
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the past, there have been support races on the Saturday, before the 24 starts.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 11:24 (Ref:3425862)   #13
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We are coming!
Old 24 Jun 2014, 12:27 (Ref:3425883)   #14
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
in the past there have been support races AFTER the 24h!
was a bit of a liberty, but circuit hire costs had to be covered.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 12:50 (Ref:3425894)   #15
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as I know, the 24hrs will be the only race.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 20:24 (Ref:3426034)   #16
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
at the mo it only shows the 24hr, 12pm start and finish so time to get some in. and WOOHOO, magnet and pumpkin fest, midnight bbq anyone
Old 25 Jun 2014, 18:14 (Ref:3426403)   #17
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not volunteered as yet for the 3 of us but it's looking likely that we will venture down to the island, for this one
Old 26 Jun 2014, 10:55 (Ref:3426708)   #18
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel_monkey View Post
at the mo it only shows the 24hr, 12pm start and finish so time to get some in. and WOOHOO, magnet and pumpkin fest, midnight bbq anyone
The last time we did 2CVs at Mondello, we did a BBQ and people kept radioing from post requesting burgers dropped out to them by the Safety Car!
Old 26 Jun 2014, 14:00 (Ref:3426788)   #19
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin View Post
The last time we did 2CVs at Mondello, we did a BBQ and people kept radioing from post requesting burgers dropped out to them by the Safety Car!
Control from post 7, the numbers look a little dirty on car 27. I've done a full written report. Please send the car out to collect it .... and since he's coming out this way any way...
Old 27 Jun 2014, 10:23 (Ref:3427094)   #20
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin View Post
Surely that is the job for "PieLady" (lost my smilie again) - but, although this is on the calendar, it has to be one to "wait and see", depending on PieLady's health, and whether Mr T is up to it.

A trip to Anglesey might just be what the doctor(s) ordered!!!
Old 27 Jun 2014, 16:52 (Ref:3427225)   #21
Ian Briggs
Veteran

Ian Briggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any news on how rocket and target will be covered, portaloos and a porta bunkroom? or covering the event from the outside only?
Old 27 Jun 2014, 17:25 (Ref:3427237)   #22
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stroll across. That's how we did it at Le Mans on Mulsanne and LMP1s are a wee bit quicker than 2CVs.

Anyway, depends how many marshals we have. May not be enough to have shifts!
Old 27 Jun 2014, 17:26 (Ref:3427238)   #23
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Meh, safety car for crew change, quick sprint across from assembly
Old 27 Jun 2014, 17:33 (Ref:3427239)   #24
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Depends on numbers, at Mondello we did two per post in the dark hours and used snatch vehicles for attending incidents
Old 29 Jun 2014, 18:41 (Ref:3428039)   #25
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Alas, having now discussed it with Mr T, this is one event that we will have to miss. A huge shame as it was likely to be our only trip to Anglesey this year.

So you will have to find a new "PieLady"!