Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Dec 2016, 23:53 (Ref:3697259)   #501
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
You could likely have the same discussion around the Daytona as well..
agreed. but it well inside my cut off time, its only saving grace. Runs class competitive times. younger than the RX7 also. But apart from its sound not sure it needs to be there. Invitational category now, unlike last time it raced.

Not like the field is desperate for cars
Old 20 Dec 2016, 00:02 (Ref:3697264)   #502
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Honestly the thing is legend, bring it - run some demo laps, but racing it is just a bit pointless.

Like a champion having a comeback well past his prime.
Maybe we can bring back the Monaro, thats a legend also.

Funnily enough many of the people who would argue for the RX7 would, inconsistantly, argue against the Monaro (dont want those bogans attending)

Last edited by peckstar; 20 Dec 2016 at 00:16.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 00:08 (Ref:3697266)   #503
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

Funnily enough many of the people who would argue for the RX7 would, inconsistantly, argue against the Monaro (dont want thos bogans attending)
It's for sale! Here

Let's Go!

None of the original 8 pilots is full time in a Holden Supercar any more... so might have to look further afield for driving talent
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Dec 2016, 00:14 (Ref:3697267)   #504
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It's for sale! Here

Let's Go!

None of the original 8 pilots is full time in a Holden Supercar any more... so might have to look further afield for driving talent
alternately its all about "history and feel good" and providing entertainment through watching the same cars be lapped every 4-6 laps, so some of those drivers may be prepared to drive for "fun"
Old 20 Dec 2016, 02:37 (Ref:3697277)   #505
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
HTP To Run STM Benz

...for SvG & Maro Engel!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Dec 2016, 05:13 (Ref:3697283)   #506
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will be good to see who gets named in the HTP car as well.

Maxi Buhk, Bernd Schneider, Dominik Baumann ?
Old 20 Dec 2016, 06:33 (Ref:3697288)   #507
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
(SVG having issues with Betty/females?)

Or maybe he's just smarter than trolls like you, and knew that an HTP run Merc was a good bet?

Let it go Pecky, you're sounding petty.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 07:38 (Ref:3697295)   #508
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The Monaro is not a legend of the 12hr though

No car should get into any race because it's a "legend" anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer
Honestly the thing is legend, bring it - run some demo laps, but racing it is just a bit pointless.
Is it pointless to the guys preparing the car, or the drivers steering it?

Those guys want to compete in the race, and the entry has been accepted by Supercars. They won't win their class on pace, and will be doing alot of mirror watching, but if they are happy to do it, i don't see how it makes it pointless of them to race?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
Not like the field is desperate for cars
Maybe the organisers are desperate to have a full grid?
Old 20 Dec 2016, 07:53 (Ref:3697298)   #509
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
The Monaro is not a legend of the 12hr though

No car should get into any race because it's a "legend" anyway

Those guys want to compete in the race, and the entry has been accepted by Supercars. They won't win their class on pace, and will be doing alot of mirror watching, but if they are happy to do it, i don't see how it makes it pointless of them to race?

Maybe the organisers are desperate to have a full grid?
But its a legend of Gt and production endurance races at Bathurst. Newer than the Rx7 and quicker, would be perfect for the 12 hour, attract a lot of attention, help draw a crowd.
Surely, you wouldn't discriminate against it if someone wanted to run one? especially if the organisers are desperate to have a full grid (which they have never suggested they are)

Is this the biggest ever 12 hour grid, well done to the new promoters, must be doing something right
Old 20 Dec 2016, 08:06 (Ref:3697300)   #510
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Surely, you wouldn't discriminate against it if someone wanted to run one? especially if the organisers are desperate to have a full grid (which they have never suggested they are)
I would not have an issue in the slightest if someone wanted to run a Monaro & the organisers accepted the entry (it likely would be accepted in)

I never said that the organisers have suggested they want a full grid (I just asked a question of maybe they do?)
Old 20 Dec 2016, 08:08 (Ref:3697301)   #511
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
I would not have an issue in the slightest if someone wanted to run a Monaro & the organisers accepted the entry (it likely would be accepted in)

I never said that the organisers have suggested they want a full grid (I just asked a question of maybe they do?)
Is this the biggest ever 12 hour grid, well done to the new promoters, must be doing something right
Old 20 Dec 2016, 09:18 (Ref:3697309)   #512
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
They could be doing something right, I wouldn't know, and I won't be finding out
Old 20 Dec 2016, 12:03 (Ref:3697328)   #513
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see both sides of the argument here -

Saying a car is a legend and awesome doesn't mean it should enter the race. A Porsche 962 is a Le Mans legend, but it won't be racing at the Le Mans 24 hours in 2017. And the BMW CSL is a Spa 24 legend, but you won't see that in next years Spa 24. So if you want your race to be considered one if the biggest and best, and attract the professional teams, then perhaps just admitting cars to the race for nostalgia and "well I like it!" sake isn't really the way to go. The Nurburgring 24 does it, but that race is completely different to any other race in the world, so maybe that makes a difference?

On the other hand, it would be a bit crap for the local entries to have supported events and series for so long, only to be dropped because the organisers want pro teams now. It doesn;t show much loyality to the little guys. Using the Nurburgring as an example again, it would suck if they decided no more Renault Clios and Opel Mantas, and be insulting to those who turn up every year.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 13:41 (Ref:3697338)   #514
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This race is going to have a lot of yellow. Whoever has the most hp going down Conrod and Mountain in the last 30 mins will win. Staying on the lead lap and having favorable BoP will be the name of the game.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 21:28 (Ref:3697450)   #515
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
This race is going to have a lot of yellow.
Justification for the inclusion of VSC system at the event.

On the Monaro front - the car is eligible and would be allowed in the Invitational Class.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 22:58 (Ref:3697467)   #516
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
On the other hand, it would be a bit crap for the local entries to have supported events and series for so long, only to be dropped because the organisers want pro teams now.
The current mob organising the Bathurst 12hr have form on the board in another area of motor racing doing exactly what you say above!
Old 20 Dec 2016, 23:07 (Ref:3697470)   #517
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
The current mob organising the Bathurst 12hr have form on the board in another area of motor racing doing exactly what you say above!
and the RX7 doesnt meet that criteria anyway

however was the previous owners who got rid of the production classes, including the class the RX7 last ran in all those years ago, who had supported the series from the beginning, but naturally you have skipped that.

meanwhile I see 2nd place in the 2006 bathurst 1000 is for sale, would make an great invitational car. circulate at 2.10s all day. Could be right in the hunt at the end if the SC fall its way. Higher top speed down conrod and should be able to block in the other key places at the appropriate time
Old 21 Dec 2016, 03:08 (Ref:3697506)   #518
D.R.T.
Veteran

No doubt you have secured tickets to the event Pecky?
Old 21 Dec 2016, 03:28 (Ref:3697511)   #519
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
And the original B12hr management going primarily GT3 didn't?
Old 21 Dec 2016, 03:31 (Ref:3697512)   #520
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
No doubt you have secured tickets to the event Pecky?
Nah car was rejected, apparantly my old XC Cobra mock up was not up to the invitational standard. So im not attending.
Old 21 Dec 2016, 05:17 (Ref:3697524)   #521
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Nah car was rejected, apparantly my old XC Cobra mock up was not up to the invitational standard. So im not attending.
The event just gets better.
Old 21 Dec 2016, 07:01 (Ref:3697530)   #522
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
The event just gets better.
yeah I cant really attend anyway, a ten tenth posters threatened to punch me if i turned up and then stalked me online
Old 21 Dec 2016, 07:13 (Ref:3697532)   #523
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
yeah I cant really attend anyway, a ten tenth posters threatened to punch me if i turned up and then stalked me online
First bit sounds familiar, but your making the second bit up
Now back to the topic.
Old 21 Dec 2016, 07:36 (Ref:3697533)   #524
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
61 cars that is pretty awesome (and maybe missing a couple), surely the fears of some have been laid to rest. would seem last years field was more about new cars that couldnt race
Old 21 Dec 2016, 09:12 (Ref:3697547)   #525
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
however was the previous owners who got rid of the production classes, including the class the RX7 last ran in all those years ago, who had supported the series from the beginning, but naturally you have skipped that.
The last time that Yeehah ran the event, 2015, there was a class for Production Cars, Class D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer
And the original B12hr management going primarily GT3 didn't?
Production Cars were still encouraged to participate in the race by the organisers after GT3 was let in, they even had classes in the race for Production Cars.