Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 28 Aug 2016, 14:41 (Ref:3668082)   #26
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Hindy have said it many times, when Tracy has his racing head on, he's not to shabby. Else...
Old 28 Aug 2016, 14:43 (Ref:3668083)   #27
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Unfortunately, that's been relatively rare the past 3-4 years since he got out of Grand Am. At least at LM where he and Pew took each other into the armco near one of the Mulsanne Chicanes, they managed to only involve themselves and no one else.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 14:46 (Ref:3668085)   #28
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I saw the nose being changed, but I don't think there was much damage to it.
Certainly not #10 Graff-style damage

-- EDIT

At least we have the #29 doing its usual pirouettes.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 14:50 (Ref:3668086)   #29
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Froome looked knackered yesterday, he surely would have chased Quintana down if he could have. Maybe Sky have (gasp!) got it wrong in trying to maintain Froome's form through the Tour-Vuelta gap using the Olympics as a glorified two-day classic.
As a big Contador fan, I was very pleased to see him surge at the end---his body ahs been taking a beating the past few months. Quintana looks best overall now ... but there are two weeks left. Froome could come back on form in the final week.

Still a lot to ask--- two Grands Tours and the Olympics back-to-back-to-back.

On the other hand, Mathias Beche is tearing it up, and Thiriet did a fantastic job during his stints.

I might not like the circuit much, but those cars look fast.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 14:50 (Ref:3668088)   #30
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Talking about shakiness. How come all LMP3 the first year was one make, and now they are all another? Midweek Motorsport have alluded to Something Happened(tm) but not mentioned what. Anyone know?
Old 28 Aug 2016, 14:54 (Ref:3668090)   #31
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I think the Ligiers (and all others) weren't ready at the start of last year.
And when the Ligier was there the Ginetta proved to be off the pace, and so was ditched by most (all) teams.
The Riley will be ready at the next race (or not)
Old 28 Aug 2016, 14:55 (Ref:3668092)   #32
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
Talking about shakiness. How come all LMP3 the first year was one make, and now they are all another? Midweek Motorsport have alluded to Something Happened(tm) but not mentioned what. Anyone know?
Ginetta rushed to be the first car ready. The result was an unfinished car with lots of problems. Now the Ligier is finished and it's superior, Ginetta have pulled back on the LMP3 production to concentrate on the VDV version. And the other LMP3s still aren't ready. The Riley was meant to be at race 1 and has steadily been pushed back through the year, which paints a grim picture of the state of it.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 15:02 (Ref:3668095)   #33
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
Oh, so that was why the Ginetta looked like a dog, and now they have pulled out!? Good job there creating good will. Well, it would be nice to have more than one make in each class.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 15:06 (Ref:3668097)   #34
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Well, it would be nice to have more than one make in each class.
Well there is a Ginetta nobody wants to race, and they don't believe in either.
And there is an Addess that nobody seems to want to run either. (It runs in Asian LMS though)
And there's a Riley that never seems to be race-ready, but "will be soon"
Old 28 Aug 2016, 15:16 (Ref:3668107)   #35
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Possible penalty for G Drive for yet another botched pit stop.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 15:17 (Ref:3668108)   #36
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
... and a possible one for SMP too (for FCY infringment)
Old 28 Aug 2016, 15:22 (Ref:3668112)   #37
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
I'm not sure why, but I've felt a bit disengaged by this race, so maybe they have decided to mix things up with some final penalties.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 15:26 (Ref:3668114)   #38
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
I'm not sure why, but I've felt a bit disengaged by this race, so maybe they have decided to mix things up with some final penalties.
I find this with every race at Paul Ricard. It feels less fun. Hasn't been a great race anyway and the tracks awful. Hopefully IMSA tonight will be better.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 15:31 (Ref:3668116)   #39
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
I was not impressed by Blancpain yesterday, and not with this race. I have sadly burned all my time available for watching races I think.

No way to watch IMSA races online after the fact, is there?
Old 28 Aug 2016, 15:36 (Ref:3668117)   #40
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
I was not impressed by Blancpain yesterday
Neither was I, nor by today's race.

But after all: that was the Hungaroring, so what did we expect?
Old 28 Aug 2016, 15:41 (Ref:3668119)   #41
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
True.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 15:41 (Ref:3668120)   #42
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
There's nothing like a poorly-painted parking lot to make a reasonably-sized grid look lacklustre.

This & BSS Hungary have been a bit flat, but it matters not to me because I watched the Suzuka 1000kms, so I've had my fill of great racing for the weekend!

Quote:
No way to watch IMSA races online after the fact, is there?
Yes there is. You will probably have to make do with the TV comms though, because I think that's the preferred feed.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 15:47 (Ref:3668124)   #43
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Last 30 minutes have been pretty good ... fight for third could get really tight.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 15:55 (Ref:3668128)   #44
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
SMP pick up that drive-through for FCY speeding, but the result should be secure.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 15:57 (Ref:3668130)   #45
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
There's nothing like a poorly-painted parking lot to make a reasonably-sized grid look lacklustre.

This & BSS Hungary have been a bit flat, but it matters not to me because I watched the Suzuka 1000kms, so I've had my fill of great racing for the weekend!

Yes there is. You will probably have to make do with the TV comms though, because I think that's the preferred feed.
Thanks! Sounds like I will watch that one, and the Suzuka race, which probably was good if the last Super GT was any indication.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 15:59 (Ref:3668131)   #46
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Last 30 minutes have been pretty good ... fight for third could get really tight.
Couldve been good but it sorted itself out very quickly. Shame.

JMW showing they really did deserve the LM entry.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 16:09 (Ref:3668133)   #47
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Van der Garde just was not as impressive as Thincknell today (which he was at a few earlier occasions)

Agree 100% at the JMW Le Mans entry
Old 29 Aug 2016, 10:37 (Ref:3668361)   #48
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

If they get one next year they do need to be able to run the same driver line up
Old 30 Aug 2016, 13:27 (Ref:3668613)   #49
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Missed this race completely but this caught my eye as I was reading thru the various build up and race updates:

Quote:
***Race Performance has been fined 5,000 Euros for absence without force majeure, while Murphy Prototypes will have top pay 3,000 Euros for announcing its driver lineup after the deadline.
Customer service by the ACO on a whole new level... Bizarre!

(from http://sportscar365.com/lemans/elms/...nd-notebook-2/)
Old 30 Aug 2016, 13:38 (Ref:3668616)   #50
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Missed this race completely but this caught my eye as I was reading thru the various build up and race updates:

Customer service by the ACO on a whole new level... Bizarre!

(from http://sportscar365.com/lemans/elms/...nd-notebook-2/)
Yes, thanks for racing with us. You spelled your drivers name wrong. Give us $3000