Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 5 Jun 2009, 16:13 (Ref:2476048)   #1
macca
Racer

macca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IoM TT 2009

Unless I've blinked and missed it, nobody has mentioned the world's greatest road races.............

In the UK there is a programme of highlights every night at 21.00 on ITV4; last night's preview was very interesting. I'm hoping for a first win for Guy Martin, although he's mad as a box of frogs.............

Paul M
Old 5 Jun 2009, 20:12 (Ref:2476168)   #2
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it is in germany too, if you have a satelite dish and a receiver , that is
Cameron Donald broke the all time record last night with astonishing 131.41 mph average on the lap
Just watching the practices review
Old 6 Jun 2009, 08:36 (Ref:2476377)   #3
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard he's then had a stack, Donald that is?

edit - dislocated shoulder
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...onald-injured/
Old 6 Jun 2009, 18:29 (Ref:2476614)   #4
macca
Racer

macca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today's races postponed to Monday due to heavy rain, and Monday's to be held on Tuesday. Wonder what ITV4 will be showing at 9.00pm tonight - surely somebody told them that weather postponements are quite common for the TT?

Paul M
Old 13 Jun 2009, 02:41 (Ref:2481350)   #5
Jeff 8
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Jeff 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John McGuinness took the Superbike TT by a large margin.

Dave Molyneux and Dan Sayle notched Moly's 14th TT win in Sidecar Race A after Nick Crowe and Mark Cox led early but broke down at Greeba Bridge.

Ian Hutchinson won both the Superstock and Supersport Race 1.

Sidecar Race B started late due to a thunderstorm but only lasted one lap when Nick Crowe and Mark Cox crashed after apparently hitting a hare and caught fire, causing the race to be red flagged. As it was too late in the day it was not restarted.

Michael Dunlop took victory in Supersport Race 2 from Bruce Anstey in his only race finish.

McGuiness was headed for another walkaway win in the Senior TT when his chain snapped, handing the win to team mate Steve Plater.

Guy Martin seems to be a bridesmaid yet again with two seconds, a third and two broken chains.

Jeff

Old 13 Jun 2009, 07:07 (Ref:2481401)   #6
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guy Martins a grade A effing fruitcake, even compared to the rest of them. Highly entertaining though, if you can keep up with what he is saying. I particularly liked on Thursday I think it was he said he had been having another shocker of a day and was not in the best of moods, then Fred Dibnahs widow turned up and gave him a signed by Fred copy of his Autobiography and it completely changed his day into a great day. Fred was his hero see... You have to love the enthusiasm of the man, hes a proper bloke and a lorry fitter to boot!

On a sadder note John Crellin lost his life in the senior TT, hours after gaining his first ever podium in the no emissions bike race. RIP.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 15:09 (Ref:2489117)   #7
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Guy Martins a grade A effing fruitcake, even compared to the rest of them. Highly entertaining though, if you can keep up with what he is saying...You have to love the enthusiasm of the man, hes a proper bloke and a lorry fitter to boot!

Tell me about it! Did anyone see his theory about making a cup of tea? I think that was on the first of the ITV highlights programs. I was entertained and bemused at the same time.
Old 29 Jul 2009, 15:50 (Ref:2510861)   #8
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We finally got the highlights over here. They aired on the HD Theatre channel, which had some stunning high definition coverage. The images are always very stirring. Some of the on-board footage really testifies to the speed. These blokes are nutters! And yes, Guy Martin seems fairly unique.

For those that know, what's the difference between Senior TT and Superbike?
Old 29 Jul 2009, 20:18 (Ref:2511143)   #9
Warwick
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Warwick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by macca View Post
Unless I've blinked and missed it, nobody has mentioned the world's greatest road races.............

In the UK there is a programme of highlights every night at 21.00 on ITV4; last night's preview was very interesting. I'm hoping for a first win for Guy Martin, although he's mad as a box of frogs.............

Paul M
We know about it, but unless I buy the dvd we wont see any of it on this side of the world
Old 29 Jul 2009, 21:22 (Ref:2511198)   #10
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
We finally got the highlights over here. They aired on the HD Theatre channel, which had some stunning high definition coverage. The images are always very stirring. Some of the on-board footage really testifies to the speed. These blokes are nutters! And yes, Guy Martin seems fairly unique.

I think it's just another chance for the fastest bikes to have fun.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 13:45 (Ref:2511680)   #11
Jeff 8
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
The bikes are the same, but the names are more traditional than Race A and Race B as for sidecars. It used to be the Senior and the Formula 1 TT but the rules changed to rules similar to BSB superbike. A bit like the Junior TT, it has changed from 350 to 250 to 600 Supersport to keep up with the times but keep the traditional name.

Jeff

Old 30 Jul 2009, 13:59 (Ref:2511687)   #12
Jeff 8
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwick View Post
We know about it, but unless I buy the dvd we wont see any of it on this side of the world
Speak for yourself, we get in the west island, on free to air no less. The only drama is they show one episode about six times before moving to the next. I keep setting the recorder, only to find I already have seen the show.

Jeff