Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Aug 2011, 08:06 (Ref:2942393)   #226
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An interesting story from the powder room up Newcastle way... suggests that a 'new' V8Supercar entrant may be arriving sooner rather than later.

The story allegedly goes that a group that may or may not include an enterprise known as Tinkler Precision Vehicles, may or may not have established a bolthole somewhere in the Steel River industrial precinct.

Further to that, a Carrera Cup Porsche, and a GT3 Challenge Porschr, and perhaps a Ute, have been prepared from the alleged premises, with a view to apparently obtaining planning permission for a much larger technical facility.

Said proposed facility, apparently dwarfing any other such offering in Australia, was said to be coming on line for the 2013 season, in time for COTF.

The story continues however, to apparently include more than just a pair of main game cars, said to be Fords, to allegedly include a pair of development series racers, a pair of Porsches, and perhaps more surprisingly, a brace of no less than 4 Ducati Superbikes! Allegedly!

Given that a certain banana bender was allegedly engaged as a consultant for a proposed race circuit development by a similar group at or around Wittingham, the wonderment continues...

Presuming any of this was actually proposed, or actually happened

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 18 Aug 2011, 21:00 (Ref:2942694)   #227
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
An interesting story from the powder room up Newcastle way... suggests that a 'new' V8Supercar entrant may be arriving sooner rather than later.

The story allegedly goes that a group that may or may not include an enterprise known as Tinkler Precision Vehicles, may or may not have established a bolthole somewhere in the Steel River industrial precinct.

Further to that, a Carrera Cup Porsche, and a GT3 Challenge Porschr, and perhaps a Ute, have been prepared from the alleged premises, with a view to apparently obtaining planning permission for a much larger technical facility.

Said proposed facility, apparently dwarfing any other such offering in Australia, was said to be coming on line for the 2013 season, in time for COTF.

The story continues however, to apparently include more than just a pair of main game cars, said to be Fords, to allegedly include a pair of development series racers, a pair of Porsches, and perhaps more surprisingly, a brace of no less than 4 Ducati Superbikes! Allegedly!

Given that a certain banana bender was allegedly engaged as a consultant for a proposed race circuit development by a similar group at or around Wittingham, the wonderment continues...

Presuming any of this was actually proposed, or actually happened

this is growing, first rumors where after Darwin, of just a team setting up shop in Newcastle. Could be good for regional NSW, might have something to do with a bloke whose's making money from some black stuff in the ground.
Old 18 Aug 2011, 23:23 (Ref:2942738)   #228
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
might have something to do with a bloke whose's making money from some black stuff in the ground.
go kart tread?

for a change it could be worth getting excited about, Mr Tinkler sure has the resources. But will this go the way of the DJR/Tinkler enterprise, and how the Knights/Tinkler enterprise almost went?
Old 18 Aug 2011, 23:53 (Ref:2942745)   #229
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
But will this go the way of the DJR/Tinkler enterprise, and how the Knights/Tinkler enterprise almost went?
Axe, the difference may be that it's not talking about a partnership (with DJR) or a takeover (Newcastle knights) but rather a new entity completely under his own control from go to whoa.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 05:35 (Ref:2942804)   #230
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Axe, the difference may be that it's not talking about a partnership (with DJR) or a takeover (Newcastle knights) but rather a new entity completely under his own control from go to whoa.
yep good point
Old 19 Aug 2011, 07:44 (Ref:2942823)   #231
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David Reynolds confirms he will be at KR next year

Good stuff for David, hopefully he will keep on improving & be able to take one of those strong quali efforts and turn it into a decent result.
Old 20 Aug 2011, 04:45 (Ref:2943219)   #232
SJA
Racer

Australia
SJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read somewhere about a change of plans at FPR/RNR. Cant remember whether it was here or V8Kindy. But it essentially said the Holdsworth thing was just about ready to be signed until somebody they believed to be off the market revealed themselves to be available.. Trying to do the math here, who else have FPR been trying to get into one of their cars for the last couple of years, particularly last year (for this year) that would get them so excited as to ditch Lee Holdsworth?!.. Courtney!

Performance clause with HRT could potentially release him and plug him into and FPR car as were the plans last year. Gow has been in town recently too. Chats had? Decision made?
Old 20 Aug 2011, 04:57 (Ref:2943220)   #233
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA View Post
I read somewhere about a change of plans at FPR/RNR. Cant remember whether it was here or V8Kindy. But it essentially said the Holdsworth thing was just about ready to be signed until somebody they believed to be off the market revealed themselves to be available.. Trying to do the math here, who else have FPR been trying to get into one of their cars for the last couple of years, particularly last year (for this year) that would get them so excited as to ditch Lee Holdsworth?!.. Courtney!

Performance clause with HRT could potentially release him and plug him into and FPR car as were the plans last year. Gow has been in town recently too. Chats had? Decision made?
It was written in Auto Action I think...

Somehow a 'Courtney to FPR' MkII would be kinda funny wouldnt it?
Old 20 Aug 2011, 11:01 (Ref:2943289)   #234
snappa
Racer

snappa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never say never but I really do believe that Courtney (or Gow) burnt that bridge after the failed attempt last year to move him to FPR with the pepsi money
Old 20 Aug 2011, 11:13 (Ref:2943293)   #235
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It was written in Auto Action I think...

Somehow a 'Courtney to FPR' MkII would be kinda funny wouldnt it?
wouldn't it be MkIII? he was all but signed when Morton with the Ford Rising Star was the 3rd wheel at FPR then pulled out at the 11th hour to sign with DJR then the whole scenario last year. would FPR go for round 3?
Old 20 Aug 2011, 21:53 (Ref:2943481)   #236
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
A wanted man

Quote:
Holdsworth has held his current role at Garry Rogers Motorsport for six years, but the 28-year-old appears unlikely to stay. While heavily linked to Ford Performance Racing’s Rod Nash entry, seats at Stone Brothers Racing, Walkinshaw Racing and Paul Morris Motorsport are also available.
some interesting rides available there
Old 20 Aug 2011, 22:43 (Ref:2943495)   #237
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
SBR #4 would probably be the best opportunity to present his abilities to the world...
Old 20 Aug 2011, 23:07 (Ref:2943499)   #238
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why would FPR want him after turning them down so many times. I think Courtney has made it clear he does not want to race for them.

He is chasing the big money. Not sure that he is worth the money HRT are paying for him.
Old 20 Aug 2011, 23:39 (Ref:2943506)   #239
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
Why would FPR want him after turning them down so many times. I think Courtney has made it clear he does not want to race for them.

He is chasing the big money. Not sure that he is worth the money HRT are paying for him.
GRM might have a spot free soon
Old 20 Aug 2011, 23:42 (Ref:2943507)   #240
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
SBR #4 would probably be the best opportunity to present his abilities to the world...
Given that Fujitsu's spot at GRM is up for review at the end of this season, and that they seem to be a fan of Mr Holdsworth personally, what chance the Fujitsu thousands and the pilot land into #4... as primary sponsor & driver?
Old 21 Aug 2011, 03:05 (Ref:2943548)   #241
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Holdsworth Toured FPR & SBR

Here's hoping Mr Holdsworth makes the 'right' decision soon. If you consider the article accurate, GRM is now off his list for 2012..

And Mr Davison is reportedly set to leave SBR.

I wonder what Mr Holdsworth is like technically. The bit on the teev with Mr Skaife at Hidden Valley a little while ago suggested that perhaps he is not as adept as you might think, while the #33 car is sometimes up and down the timesheets depending on the day... not so consistent...

Meanwhile Mr R.Kelly reportedly 'went ballistic' at star driver Mr Reynolds for discussing a possible move to FPR's #55 with Mr Nash... somehow it makes you think that this could be the 'young driver' not thought to be available, but touted himself to FPR anyway...

As a motivational tool, I suspect yelling at a driver to make him stay would do far less for his inclination to stay at that team, than sharing & showing belief in him, and sharing plans for the future. An FPR ride, even a customer one, would be better longer-term both competitively as a Ford works team, and financially as a well paid works driver, than what appears to be an underfunded Kelly Racing ride.

So... is it Mr Holdsworth to #4, and Mr Reynolds to #55?
Old 21 Aug 2011, 03:17 (Ref:2943550)   #242
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Meanwhile Mr R.Kelly reportedly 'went ballistic' at star driver Mr Reynolds for discussing a possible move to FPR's #55 with Mr Nash... somehow it makes you think that this could be the 'young driver' not thought to be available, but touted himself to FPR anyway...
According to a V8 insider-says James Phelps.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 03:22 (Ref:2943551)   #243
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Holdsworth is a capable of winning more races and too do that he needs to be at the right time,whenever that moves to ford or going to a othetr holden team,he need to do it soon,i wouldnt mind seeing him racing a ford for the next few years.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 03:25 (Ref:2943553)   #244
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
The 'young driver' thing was in AA this week... anything is possible. As for Mr Phelps.. well nobody else is talking about this stuff... why? Too scared they wont get the latest release from the team when it becomes public?
Old 21 Aug 2011, 03:38 (Ref:2943556)   #245
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The 'young driver' thing was in AA this week... anything is possible. As for Mr Phelps.. well nobody else is talking about this stuff... why? Too scared they wont get the latest release from the team when it becomes public?
Was referring more to Rick Kelly's reported blast at Mr Reynolds.

Young driver thing-entirely possible, maybe Reynolds did put his hand up to FPR-who knows? Just when JP reports it, one knows to take anything he says with a rather large grain of salt. Dont look in my direction, he's the one who's accountable for what he puts out under his name as a journalist.

Wherever Holdsworth goes, I hope it really works out for him, he really is champion material.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 08:26 (Ref:2946134)   #246
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2012 Silly Season

If the rumor mills are true, could a property is SEQ be up for sale or will it be a part of a settlement?

Depends on what a V8 Supercar driver gets paid I suppose
Old 21 Aug 2011, 09:19 (Ref:2946135)   #247
glenn_a
Racer

Australia
not far from the paddocks of Oran Park
glenn_a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you referring to the apartment of The Giz?
Old 21 Aug 2011, 09:49 (Ref:2943617)   #248
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Here's hoping the brainstrust at Ford see that SBR continues to be a great investment when it comes time to renegotiate their support.

When you compare the output and outcomes of this team as compared to the other Ford factory supported team, it should be a no brainer.

I dont quite know what would happen if Ford reduced support to SBR even further. Here's hoping we don't have to find out!
Old 21 Aug 2011, 12:53 (Ref:2943663)   #249
SJA
Racer

Australia
SJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Educated guesses

Percat to 3rd Walkinshaw entry. Coulthard to SBR #4. A Davison to the bench.

Holdsworth to #55. Luff to GRM. Bargs to LDM. Ingall and Supercheap to #14.

Thompson and Monster to #39.

Only variations I would fantasize might be a Jack Perkins to #39 with some other kind of cash and/or a possibly a Blanchard instead of a Luff at GRM.

Just trying to join the dots. Thoughts...
Old 22 Aug 2011, 01:37 (Ref:2943906)   #250
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
what he said.... i knew i should have stopped reading when i saw the author. This is all published 2 days after Reynolds was known to have re-signed with KR, yet "Reynolds is in the sights of FPR if they miss out on Holdsworth"