Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Aug 2011, 03:56 (Ref:2943930)   #251
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't see Luff at GRM. But would love to see Mr Caruso working with Mr Hollway...a promotion perhaps?
As for the second driver, if Holdsworth does leave I wouldn't mind seeing Percat or Coulthard in the team. Also, Reynolds would be a great score for the team.
Also heard that this is Fujitsu's final year of their contract at GRM, and despite the lean year in terms of results I believe that will extend their contract with the team.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 22 Aug 2011, 04:11 (Ref:2943932)   #252
glenn_a
Racer

Australia
not far from the paddocks of Oran Park
glenn_a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that is correct Belly13, it is the final year of the Fujistu contract i was chatting with a friend who works in the sponsorship side of this at Fujitsu and yes they are in negiotations with GRM.
Old 22 Aug 2011, 04:12 (Ref:2943933)   #253
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So is there a big announcement due out of QLD regarding potential license ownership change, a sponsor stepping up, a driver getting elevated to the Main Game, along with some dude stepping back a little?
Old 22 Aug 2011, 04:18 (Ref:2943935)   #254
glenn_a
Racer

Australia
not far from the paddocks of Oran Park
glenn_a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dude= Paul Morris?
driver getting elevated to the Main Game= Andrew Thompson, 3rd time around?
a sponsor stepping up= Monster?
potential license ownership change= PMM to sell to Roland Dane, seems possible he and Morris did look at a superteam, RD did also employ Burgess to look after the daily running of the team so he could focus on other interests.
How close would I be Just do it?
Old 22 Aug 2011, 04:32 (Ref:2943940)   #255
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dunno. I only did what you did and asked a question.
Old 22 Aug 2011, 04:42 (Ref:2943947)   #256
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Other than 888's new favourite, who else in the Fujitsu series should be capable of stepping up?

Mr McLaughlin did well to win his first race in the category, however there still needs some smoothing of rough edges at tracks he doesnt know intimately. Wonder when the FG comes on stream? If stories are to be believed, perhaps the brand currently sponsoring this driver could also be appearing on a #4 car next season..

The blokes lining up to do enduro duties alongside a main game team are arguably not at the required level to get the job done. So many mistakes from some brand name stalwarts of the category... you might be risking the enduro program with a car in their hands..

While there are one or two blokes, in the top 10 of the series, who have done much with a car that promised very little. Lets see how they get on next season in the development series.. hopefully someone has a feeder deal in place with them!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 22 Aug 2011, 04:51 (Ref:2943950)   #257
Silver GT
Racer

Silver GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a hunch the "young future star" to take over the 55 maybe son of Alan particularlly after his drive yesterday
Old 22 Aug 2011, 04:52 (Ref:2943951)   #258
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope that fabian gets a ride in the #55 next season. It's better than his current one that's for sure.
Old 22 Aug 2011, 05:39 (Ref:2943956)   #259
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver GT View Post
I have a hunch the "young future star" to take over the 55 maybe son of Alan particularly after his drive yesterday
Or maybe he will stay in #18 for 2012? I know which option I'd take if I had the choice, hell..... I think you'd find that #18 is a better choice than any of the FPR cars at the moment

I guess it's ultimately up to DJ to decide whether it's worth keeping him next year, but he's definitely showing that he's a capable driver and deserves his seat in the main game.
Old 22 Aug 2011, 07:11 (Ref:2943975)   #260
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsandmotorracing View Post
I hope that fabian gets a ride in the #55 next season. It's better than his current one that's for sure.
Coulthard to stay at WP

... well the article says that he is the first preference, and a deal isnt done until the paperwork is signed...
Old 22 Aug 2011, 08:19 (Ref:2944001)   #261
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Coulthard to stay at WP

... well the article says that he is the first preference, and a deal isnt done until the paperwork is signed...
Let's see what Fabian says
Old 22 Aug 2011, 08:43 (Ref:2944005)   #262
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
MeN reports tonight that Mr Holdsworth has a deal in front of him from FPR, that he has apparently agreed to terms.. and only needs a squiggle on a piece of paper to make the switch to the #55 Bottle O car a reality for 2012...

They also suggest that Mr A.Davison may stay on at SBR for an additional season, till half the field comes off contract and that team can go chasing... Here's hoping that this isnt the case, that another pilot is available for the seat, to bring a change to the squad...
Old 22 Aug 2011, 21:22 (Ref:2944418)   #263
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
MeN reports tonight that Mr Holdsworth has a deal in front of him from FPR, that he has apparently agreed to terms.. and only needs a squiggle on a piece of paper to make the switch to the #55 Bottle O car a reality for 2012...

They also suggest that Mr A.Davison may stay on at SBR for an additional season, till half the field comes off contract and that team can go chasing... Here's hoping that this isnt the case, that another pilot is available for the seat, to bring a change to the squad...
Mr Holdsworth in a Ford would bring a to my face. Replacing Mr A Davison would do likewise (perhaps Mr Reynolds or Mr Reindler worth a crack)
Old 22 Aug 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2944423)   #264
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Other than 888's new favourite, who else in the Fujitsu series should be capable of stepping up?
David Russell. Made no mistakes last year with Webb, is driving around in a 6+ year old historic BF and is conistently at the front of the fujitsu pack. Man knows how to steer.....
Old 22 Aug 2011, 21:55 (Ref:2944437)   #265
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by osrg View Post
David Russell. Made no mistakes last year with Webb, is driving around in a 6+ year old historic BF and is conistently at the front of the fujitsu pack. Man knows how to steer.....
He might find he prefers scudd's Lamborghini and stay in Europe
Old 22 Aug 2011, 21:57 (Ref:2944439)   #266
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So... who might take over the #4 seat if Mr Davison is for the pack? And is Irwin hanging around, and (hopefully!) increasing its investment?

I wonder if SBR would consider Mr McLaughlin for that seat?

Or can we hope Mr Bourdais is coming for more than just a holiday on the Gold Coast
Old 23 Aug 2011, 02:45 (Ref:2944502)   #267
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He might find he prefers scudd's Lamborghini and stay in Europe
Knowing Roger personally, and having spoken personally to Dave many times, I know for a fact that overseas work is not his main focus..... He has a few irons in the fire over here for next year that's not to say that he is not pumped about the test....
Old 23 Aug 2011, 09:51 (Ref:2946136)   #268
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn_a View Post
Are you referring to the apartment of The Giz?
There is a story wandering around that Ford has somehow engineered a driver swap, Mr Van Gisbergen to FPR, and Mr Winterbottom to SBR.

Stranger things have happened I suppose, but I can't see how it improves either of their team's performances A big broom for Campbellfield, and a significant budget increase for Yatala would work much much better as a solution!
Old 23 Aug 2011, 10:00 (Ref:2946137)   #269
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There is a story wandering around that Ford has somehow engineered a driver swap, Mr Van Gisbergen to FPR, and Mr Winterbottom to SBR.

Stranger things have happened I suppose, but I can't see how it improves either of their team's performances A big broom for Campbellfield, and a significant budget increase for Yatala would work much much better as a solution!
Maybe a budget increase up North is part of the package... seeing how the Giz is under contract atm
Old 23 Aug 2011, 10:00 (Ref:2946147)   #270
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
Quote:

Maybe a budget increase up North is part of the package... seeing how the Giz is under contract atm
Old 24 Aug 2011, 08:45 (Ref:2945051)   #271
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Kelly racing is sitting there as a 4 car team with genuine manufacturer support and they build their own engines, to me they are the team i would be looking at as a new manufacturer. 4th in the championship means you have a competitive start also
Mr Crennan is quoted in AA today suggesting that Kelly Racing will be pitching for the contract to run the 'Holden Racing Team' when it comes up a the end of 2012.

Of course that could be a bloody big smokescreen...
Old 24 Aug 2011, 13:00 (Ref:2945117)   #272
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mr Crennan is quoted in AA today suggesting that Kelly Racing will be pitching for the contract to run the 'Holden Racing Team' when it comes up a the end of 2012.

Of course that could be a bloody big smokescreen...
Perhaps Mr Crennan is just shaking the tin for any sort of dollars from Holden. Might have a few contacts there still?

Otherwise can't see HRT contract going anywhere else unless HSV gets sold off.
Old 25 Aug 2011, 03:27 (Ref:2945430)   #273
Just Do It!
Veteran

Never say never whenever Roland is playing.
Old 25 Aug 2011, 12:17 (Ref:2945615)   #274
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by david5 View Post
I hear a whisper that the Masters apprentice has been caught with his pants down again & his laundry is about to be aired. We wil see.
Its almost like doing a cryptic crossword
Old 26 Aug 2011, 04:18 (Ref:2946075)   #275
osrg
Racer

Holdsworth to SBR

http://www.speedcafe.com/2011/08/26/...river-in-2012/

Interesting....... i all but closed to door on him being in Bottle-o colours next year...

Holdsworth set to become SBR driver in 2012

Friday 26th August, 2011 Author: SpeedCafe ©

Lee Holdsworth is set to replace Alex Davison in the #4 IRWIN Tools Falcon (Image digitally altered)

Another piece of the 2012 V8 Supercars driver jigsaw has been put in place, but will not be officially announced until after the Supercheap Auto 1000 at Bathurst.
Lee Holdsworth is set to drive with Stone Brothers Racing in 2012, replacing Alex Davison in the #4 IRWIN Tools Ford Falcon.
After six years driving for Garry Rogers Motorsport, next year will be the first time that Holdsworth has raced a Ford.
While all parties are remaining tight-lipped, the move makes Davison one of the most valuable players in the driver market with possible seats available at Ford Performance Racing’s Bottle-O Racing entry, Paul Morris Motorsport, Brad Jones Racing and Garry Rogers Motorsport.
A drive at SBR will see Holdsworth move from Melbourne, back to his home state of Queensland at the end of the year.
Lee Holdsworth after taking second place at Winton earlier this year

“It is no secret that there has been discussion going on about my career for several weeks now and plenty of speculation,” Holdsworth told Speedcafe.com.
“I believe I have a clear direction for the future, but I will not be in a position to say anything until after Bathurst.
“I am looking forward to the endurance events with Greg Ritter in the GRM Fujitsu Commodore and want to give the team the best shot possible at winning both Phillip Island and Bathurst.
“People can speculate all they want, and they will, but I will not be making any comment until Bathurst is done.”
Stone Brothers Racing co-owner Ross Stone played a straight bat when questioned about the situation.
“I have no comment on our driver situation for 2012 and beyond,” Stone told Speedcafe.com.
“All three are doing a solid job and we are focusing our energy towards giving all our three cars a chance of winning the endurance events.
“Our 2012 sponsor, driver and team line-ups will be confirmed in due course.”