Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 14 Feb 2015, 01:19 (Ref:3504734)   #326
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
Yeah, so do I now, and all I wanted to do was update Tom Tom
What on earth did you input?

"Compte's helmet"?
Old 14 Feb 2015, 09:15 (Ref:3504785)   #327
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
You do realise, Compte, that you more than likely left the ... place of education and life schooling ... some years before young 356sc was born?

The "valley" was possibly much changed in the interim period.

I will miss the sophistication of your red and silver head protection.

(I am loathe to use the word helmet in this regard lest the 21st century internet monitors record negative thoughts about me due to current, alleged, sensitivities of "thought process" compared to the times of freedom one experienced in our youth, Youth.)
Grant, sorry for the delay in replying. I was upstairs polishing my helmet.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 racing colours 004.jpg  
Old 14 Feb 2015, 12:21 (Ref:3504834)   #328
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Grant, sorry for the delay in replying. I was upstairs polishing my helmet.
Here we are having an intelligent conversation and you have to lower the tone.
I don't know what the worlds coming to, now where is my gimp mask and bondage straps ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 Feb 2015, 13:07 (Ref:3504844)   #329
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I don't know what the worlds coming to, now where is my gimp mask and bondage straps ?
So, you were at the 50 Shades opening, then, Gordon!
Old 14 Feb 2015, 13:40 (Ref:3504854)   #330
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
So, you were at the 50 Shades opening, then, Gordon!
No I was too busy having a new dress fitting !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 Feb 2015, 16:10 (Ref:3504885)   #331
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
This thread makes for good reading and a giggle, relaxing with a glass or two. Thank you all.
Old 14 Feb 2015, 18:04 (Ref:3504920)   #332
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Over the years of our tea break thread I sometimes get recognised at race circuits . I get asked are you the Delta from ten tenths . Never quite sure to admit to it but I have never had a negative response . Not like my man united Woolie hat that I wear .
Old 14 Feb 2015, 21:23 (Ref:3504978)   #333
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Not like my man united Woolie hat that I wear .
Typical Man. U. supporter then.... don't live anywhere near Manchester.
Old 15 Feb 2015, 09:55 (Ref:3505094)   #334
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
No I was too busy having a new dress fitting !
Hmm.

Have you been in Lille this week Gordon?
Old 15 Feb 2015, 13:51 (Ref:3505142)   #335
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
In my defence Clive I do support reading f c . But it's a nice day out to go up to old Trafford every now and then . My only worry now is that they will get drawn again in FA cup .
Old 15 Feb 2015, 14:21 (Ref:3505152)   #336
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Hmm.

Have you been in Lille this week Gordon?
I was going to the art fair but I was having my hair permed so gave it a miss this year
Old 16 Feb 2015, 09:27 (Ref:3505393)   #337
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
In my defence Clive I do support reading f c . But it's a nice day out to go up to old Trafford every now and then . My only worry now is that they will get drawn again in FA cup .
FA Cup? where do they hold that race?
Old 16 Feb 2015, 11:50 (Ref:3505433)   #338
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got a trophy cabinet full of FA Cups
Old 16 Feb 2015, 13:13 (Ref:3505448)   #339
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
I've got a trophy cabinet full of FA Cups
I assume you mean "Football Association" Colin !
Old 16 Feb 2015, 16:40 (Ref:3505502)   #340
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I assume you mean "Football Association" Colin !
Somehow I have my doubt's
Old 16 Feb 2015, 17:10 (Ref:3505507)   #341
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I was going to the art fair but I was having my hair permed so gave it a miss this year
I do hope you are having a full body wax for this years' Spa.
Old 16 Feb 2015, 18:58 (Ref:3505533)   #342
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
I do hope you are having a full body wax for this years' Spa.
Back, crack, and sack?
Old 16 Feb 2015, 22:01 (Ref:3505583)   #343
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I did start by having my two yearly haircut in Spain the other week !
Old 18 Feb 2015, 09:13 (Ref:3506090)   #344
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
Quote:
I did start by having my two yearly haircut in Spain the other week !
Estimate reasonable then?
Old 18 Feb 2015, 13:50 (Ref:3506182)   #345
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it time to go racing yet? The damn off season is costing me a fortune - decided to go mountain-biking to keep in shape and with Cannock Chase so close it would be a shame not too. Bike purchased (nothing serious but still a few £££'s), dedicated cycle carrier (which still needed to be re-engineered to fit the car it was supposedly designed to fit) finally fitted, a set of proper clothing because otherwise I'd end up going out in my decent gear and ruining it, helmet (Bell - crikey, there's not much to them is there?) etc etc.

So far I've ridden about 200yds up and down our cul de sac to get the saddle right. Everytime I plan to go out something crops up!!
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 18 Feb 2015, 15:44 (Ref:3506204)   #346
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Just did 12 miles to and fro Luncheon!
Old 18 Feb 2015, 15:54 (Ref:3506208)   #347
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Is it time to go racing yet? The damn off season is costing me a fortune - decided to go mountain-biking to keep in shape and with Cannock Chase so close it would be a shame not too. Bike purchased (nothing serious but still a few £££'s), dedicated cycle carrier (which still needed to be re-engineered to fit the car it was supposedly designed to fit) finally fitted, a set of proper clothing because otherwise I'd end up going out in my decent gear and ruining it, helmet (Bell - crikey, there's not much to them is there?) etc etc.

So far I've ridden about 200yds up and down our cul de sac to get the saddle right. Everytime I plan to go out something crops up!!
Me and Delta son go on a 50 mile bike ride every |Sunday. He allways leaves me behind "blooming so and so "Anyway we allways meet up at work have a cup of tea then go on a route home via the pub where we meet again. This time I was three miles from the workshop and I get a massive puncture. Leave the bike at a stables then run the three miles to work. He has a moan as I'm late,we go back in the van get my bike drive down to Wallingford spend nearly £80.00 on two new tyres and new tubes.
The guy in the shop said these new tyres are more or less puncture prooof. Anyway back to work fix the bike and we head off to the pub.
Couple of pints head off home and I get another puncture.
I guess you are right Wayne roll on racing season. Enjoy your bike mate .
Old 18 Feb 2015, 16:28 (Ref:3506213)   #348
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wayne, my advice is stay in the cul-de-sac. Came off my bike on ice a month ago, still can't use my wrist and the ribs are giving me grief. Had X-rays, nothing broken, just " going to take time". This fitness lark is no good for your health!!!
Old 18 Feb 2015, 16:53 (Ref:3506216)   #349
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any of you Twitter users on here (admit it, there are some me included) might have noticed in recent months Alan Mann Racing have been posting lots of historic racing photos, all good stuff. Well they've now launched a new website which contains some similar images, hopefully they'll add all the photos that they've been tweeting.

http://alanmann.co.uk

#worthalook
Old 18 Feb 2015, 17:27 (Ref:3506223)   #350
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well someone must of heard me. Not long after my cycling post earlier I received email informing entry open for my first race of the season. Shame its not till May but my entry is in

Hmm, cycling to lunch, slightly counter productive knowing what I'd eat but I like the sound of that anyway
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Closed Thread