Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 22 Feb 2015, 21:48 (Ref:3507797)   #76
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Logano wins.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 21:48 (Ref:3507798)   #77
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Clean race.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 21:48 (Ref:3507799)   #78
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Hoped for a more exciting finish.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 21:48 (Ref:3507800)   #79
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Logano wins. Typical. Knew the rest of the pack'd screw it up.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 21:49 (Ref:3507801)   #80
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well that's enough of that.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 21:49 (Ref:3507802)   #81
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Well he didn't steal it. Was quick all day.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 21:50 (Ref:3507804)   #82
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nothing like a huge anti-climax to end an afternoon of waiting for racing ... I knew they'd sneak in a big old pileup--even if they had to run 202 laps to do it.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 21:51 (Ref:3507805)   #83
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ugggg.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 21:52 (Ref:3507807)   #84
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
#3 spins the #24, what year is this?
Old 22 Feb 2015, 21:54 (Ref:3507808)   #85
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Get ready for smiley in victory circle.

I will take that . Did not tear up too many.

Looking forward to seeing Chase live and in person next week.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 21:56 (Ref:3507810)   #86
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Disappointing finish but still fantastic to see some very close, clean racing towards the end there (before the red flag).

Interesting seeing a certain sportscar 'journalist' posting crap online about how these drivers can't race clean.

That was certainly the cleanest superspeedway race I've seen. Very impressive driving.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 21:57 (Ref:3507811)   #87
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Has anyone ever seen Tom Logano and Tony George in the same place at the same time????
Old 22 Feb 2015, 22:02 (Ref:3507813)   #88
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Has anyone ever seen Tom Logano and Tony George in the same place at the same time????
Old 22 Feb 2015, 22:02 (Ref:3507814)   #89
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Ya know they lived in the Atl during Joeys legends racing as a kid.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 22:10 (Ref:3507816)   #90
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Only consultation for me is that I picked Sliced Doosh in my fantasy league. First time i've ever picked a plate race winner.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 22:15 (Ref:3507817)   #91
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, I was doing ok with Johnson and Truex so I might be able to keep up with the win points.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 22:25 (Ref:3507822)   #92
canamman
Veteran

United States
Hats off to Regan and Crafton. You get thrown into a ride at a moments
notice with little or no practice and come out of the biggest race of the year
with a top 20, you have done something.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 22:57 (Ref:3507838)   #93
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
500 was a lot cleaner than a lot of the other events leading up to it suggested. It took great drivers and a lot of luck, but they ran 3 wide for it seemed 15 laps with no major issues, and the accidents that did happen were fairly minor considering what happened in the Shootout, and the Truck and XS races.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 23:10 (Ref:3507843)   #94
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Nascar is the only thing that can make me go from this:

Quote:
I don't care how contrived and overproduced Nascar is now, I still get goose bumps when the green falls on the 500.
To this:

Quote:
Well that's enough of that.
...in the span of 4 hours.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 23:21 (Ref:3507846)   #95
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I enjoyed this year's race, possibly because I purposefully skipped the first 150 laps. Sure a big crash ended it, but there probably should have been 2-4 big crashes in the last 40 laps. I saw several great saves in the pack that the announcers didn't even seem to notice.

I know a lot of fans hate Logano, and I'm curious why. The early hype as a teenager? Is he an jerk during autograph sessions? He's got an inoffensive, robotic attitude, so I tend to forget he's even in the field unless he's up front.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 23:23 (Ref:3507848)   #96
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not me.

I was unimpressed before it started, unimpressed from flag to flag, and unimpressed with the results.

About the first 20 laps were okay ... and the last three because I wanted to see if NASCAR could run a plate race without a big pileup.

Not bad for a NASCAR race, and it is impressive to see what, 20 or so cars running three-wide at 200 mph for 15 laps or so. That is some driving skill ... not really racing, though ...

All in all, not a bad 500.

When I think that That is NASCAR's biggest race of the season ... they hit their peak and their nadir in the same instant.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 23:51 (Ref:3507855)   #97
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It was a fine solid, fairly fluid race. I was happy enough with it.

I just can't abide Logano's yappy persona but in fairness he was very convincing as the rest of the pack scrambled with each other sending dust clouds into the air. It was a satisfying enough in racing terms and vaguely amusing that the one guy who I didn't want to win, won it.
Old 23 Feb 2015, 00:23 (Ref:3507870)   #98
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The race was pretty good I thought. The 3 wide racing near the end was awesome. Guys were taking risks and I had fun watching it.

But the coverage was abysmal. I wonder how much of the coverage was dedicated to commercials. Then there were the numerous race reports and at one point a KyBu tweet covered the entire screen. Oh and what was with Junior getting his own race report...he's popular but that seems like too much. The coverage seems like it's going to be way worse this year.
Old 23 Feb 2015, 01:00 (Ref:3507883)   #99
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Nascar is the only thing that can make me go from this:

To this:

...in the span of 4 hours.
Yup.
Old 23 Feb 2015, 01:04 (Ref:3507885)   #100
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
The race was pretty good I thought. The 3 wide racing near the end was awesome. Guys were taking risks and I had fun watching it.

But the coverage was abysmal. I wonder how much of the coverage was dedicated to commercials. Then there were the numerous race reports and at one point a KyBu tweet covered the entire screen. Oh and what was with Junior getting his own race report...he's popular but that seems like too much. The coverage seems like it's going to be way worse this year.
Racing wasn't half terrible, but FOX should be ashamed. Mostly commercials with a **it show of a commentary crew yapping about something remotely to do with the race. They try so hard to enhance the "show" when all they need to do is cover the damn race. They don't do either well.