Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is to blame for the RED domination?
Ferrari 10 38.46%
McLaren 2 7.69%
Williams 2 7.69%
FIA (rules) 10 38.46%
Drivers 3 11.54%
Other 3 11.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Aug 2002, 18:44 (Ref:352477)   #1
Legend
Veteran

Legend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is to blame?

I am a Ferrari fan and I guess there is no secret to whisper, but must admit I need the racing for the championship to kick my level of adrenalin when I am “wasting” my time sitting there watching a grand prix. Why esle should it be exiting? Now we have tried to come up with ideas, what to do, to make it a fairer race for all parts. I think blaming Ferrari for success is leading nowhere, we need to find the guilty parts and demand their blood. The time has come for the heads start rolling!
As we know the FIA rules can not change overnight, we need to find the weakest links in F1 and make them the target, for one teams total domination. As Ferrari has just stated a new, more powerful engine is on it’s way to dominate the 2003 season as well. They have revealed that the 2003 car will be much better compared to 2002, than the 2002 was to 2001. Frightening news, even for a Ferrari fan, so dedicated like myself!
I believe the incompetence of the two other great teams have made the races and finally the WDC’s outcome so predictable. And yes, I am talking about BMW Williams and McLaren Mercedes! They need to fire their inefficient crews and start doing something very soon. Those teams are not suffering from lack of financial goods or support of gigantic commercial concerns. They are not exactly starving you might say!

Now you are the judge! I have made a poll here so you can vote for what really causes this domination!
Remember you have multiple choices you can vote for more than one reason!
Old 7 Aug 2002, 19:08 (Ref:352504)   #2
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
bosch! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
berni's biased courtroom gave them the first of this string of titles with the bargeboard debarcle. he also refused to do anything when MS punted Hill of in adelaide, despite a beautiful in car shot of a litle bit of "left hand down"
Old 7 Aug 2002, 19:13 (Ref:352506)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Legend,

Heads rolling, demand their blood, fire the crew, aim the target, find the guilty ones ??????

Are you proposing a war ?

Let the poor guys follow Ferrari, and have their money !
Old 7 Aug 2002, 19:19 (Ref:352508)   #4
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
C'mon Leg end, The Willy's and the Mac's have both had their times in the past and it is now up to them to raise the bar and set a NEW mark in technical excellence.
Old 7 Aug 2002, 19:43 (Ref:352520)   #5
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
which, if the hypes to be believed, will happen next year. Both teams are promising innovation rather than evolution, here's to hopeing.
Old 7 Aug 2002, 19:52 (Ref:352528)   #6
Legend
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by AlanJones
C'mon Leg end, The Willy's and the Mac's have both had their times in the past and it is now up to them to raise the bar and set a NEW mark in technical excellence.
Look All-in-jaws!
Dominating for a period, dominating in some degree is one thing, and dominating for years to come and in such a bone-crushing manner is another thing! Can’t you really see it? Open your eyes and see in this forum how many threads are about “Stopping Ferrari’s domination”. I am sure this one wouldn’t be the last time this topic is mentioned and rightly so. MaC and Willie have not been dominating the sport in such manner. All those years of their domination they usually had to go to Suzuka winning their championship. Records for the fastest season finish is broken and the gap is unparalleled. Hello, are you there? Wake up to reality. MaC and Williams are doing a lousy job, no doubt. This is pure logic: “Your as good as your opponents allows you to be!” And you might say MaC and Willie are allowing way to much!!! If that is the best they are doing, well.........
Old 7 Aug 2002, 19:54 (Ref:352530)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is to blame? Lemming like fans who willingly pay three or four figures to see stupefyingly dull "racing" whose outcome is pre-determined the season beforehand, and sit in front of the television set watching a load of nothing, and then complain about how it's a load of nothing and they already knew how it would come out.

P.T. Barnum was a pessimist. Apparently there are a whole lot more than ONE born every minute.
Old 7 Aug 2002, 20:00 (Ref:352533)   #8
Alan Jones
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Legend

Hello, are you there? Wake up to reality.

Thanks Leg end, comin from you, the above is hilarious!!
Keep up the good work
Old 7 Aug 2002, 20:00 (Ref:352534)   #9
Legend
Veteran

Damon I am totally sincere about this: I am tired of seeing races where one team is dominating and there is no excitement. I would love to see Ferrari win but not like this! I am grand prix fan! I want to see some action, just like Hollywood movies when everything happens in the last seconds. This is a turn off totally!

Cheers mate

Last edited by Legend; 7 Aug 2002 at 20:01.
Old 7 Aug 2002, 20:05 (Ref:352538)   #10
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
If you like action why don't you like Montoya...actually, better not answer that we don't want another 9 page thread .
Old 7 Aug 2002, 20:12 (Ref:352542)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Michelin man is the main cause, but the simple fact is that Ferrari also have (probably) the best driver, the best car, at least an equal engine to the BMW, and of course total team order dominance with 90% of the attention on Michael. Unfortunately Williams (1987, 1992, 1996 and 1997) and McLaren (1984,1988,1998) have also had seasons of excruciating dominance in the past, this is the Ferrari turn. Can we stop it?
Old 7 Aug 2002, 20:16 (Ref:352545)   #12
Legend
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by AlanJones
C'mon Leg end
Keep up the good work
Thank your self All-in-Jaws! I am a quick learner! Look now you have taught me spell some words wrong here, All-in-Jaws. I have problems spelling the words of this language at first place, please do not be a bad influence, as neither me nor you need it!!! So go and make your self a nice sandwich now, and let me have fun here, keeping up the good work!!! You have been mistaken me for your dad as Legend is me and Leg End is your dad. Do you get it now?!!!

Last edited by Legend; 7 Aug 2002 at 20:20.
Old 7 Aug 2002, 20:24 (Ref:352549)   #13
Legend
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
If you like action why don't you like Montoya...actually, better not answer that we don't want another 9 page thread .
To be honest I like Montoya but the stupid pride I have does not allow me to admit it here. Ops I said to much I guess!
Old 7 Aug 2002, 20:32 (Ref:352560)   #14
Alan Jones
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Legend

You have been mistaken me for your dad as Legend is me and Leg End is your dad. Do you get it now?!!!

Nope, your reality and mine are totally different
Old 7 Aug 2002, 20:34 (Ref:352562)   #15
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Legend;
"anything you do say may be used in evidence against you". Hey mods, is there any way of saving this for future use .

Last edited by Damon; 7 Aug 2002 at 20:35.
Old 7 Aug 2002, 20:38 (Ref:352569)   #16
Legend
Veteran

I should have remained silence but now the cat is out of the bag!
Old 7 Aug 2002, 20:38 (Ref:352571)   #17
Alan Jones
Veteran

LOL Damon
Old 7 Aug 2002, 20:56 (Ref:352592)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Blame?

An odd word. It is a sport and by it's very nature there can be dominance. Unless you introduce lots of artificial rules to make it close. (IMO this would be a bad thing)

Ferrari and Michael have done an incredible job. I suppose they caused this, but I don't think that any blame (as such) needs to go their way.
Old 7 Aug 2002, 21:11 (Ref:352612)   #19
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I blame Ferrari. They MUST be cheating, IMHO.
Old 7 Aug 2002, 21:25 (Ref:352621)   #20
Legend
Veteran

I use a lot of odd words here and there. Rolling (Pat)"head"s seen the blood flow and lots of other strong concepts, they are merely there to be understood in a melodramatic context. Please do not take everything I write so darn literally. The art of writing is for me to give an idea some more velocity and dynamic. To make an abstract idea take shape which is derived from the writers twisted or original mind. If it is revolting for anyone, it is due to the nature of exploration.
So “blame” is a rather strong word, in this context, so what? I always take some silly chances, I like doing so, specially when I write. But luckily we have lots of gentlemen here to correct me when I fail to do so.
Old 7 Aug 2002, 21:28 (Ref:352626)   #21
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, for sure.

Legend = Montoya lover....
Old 7 Aug 2002, 21:30 (Ref:352629)   #22
Legend
Veteran

happens!
Old 7 Aug 2002, 21:50 (Ref:352657)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I highlighted the word "blame" not to blame you for using an inappropriate word, as such, but to put forward the point that no one is too blame. If we have an open and fair playing field where excellence isn't stifled by rules that artificially make thing closer then sometimes one team/driver/athlete/competitor is going to dominate. And this makes the times when it is, quite naturally, close even more special.

In this case I too was trying to give it some velocity or make it dynamic or do something abstract or take a silly chance. Actually that's not true, I just wrote it. But I didn't type it to correct anyone or anything.

Last edited by Adam43; 7 Aug 2002 at 21:52.
Old 7 Aug 2002, 22:01 (Ref:352670)   #24
Legend
Veteran

You probably are right my friend but regarding all the “competition” I get in this forum, I am always in a defensive position. For me it has become an instinctive measure to sharpen my reflexes in this forum. Sorry if you had to taste some of it, in a milder version. Please look a few steps above in the thread and you'll see what I mean.

Cheers mate

Last edited by Legend; 7 Aug 2002 at 22:03.
Old 7 Aug 2002, 22:16 (Ref:352680)   #25
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Competition? but everyone else is like you... a Montoya lover.... ;D

Yes, you talked too much