Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 18 May 2006, 00:11 (Ref:1613089)   #1
MikeBz
Racer

MikeBz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MBE ECU, and fitting a throttle pot to Weber DCOEs

Following on from my previous thread on these horrible items of antiquity, I've discovered that the previous owner's conversion from an injection setup to a carb setup (using the same MBE ECU to do the sparks in both cases) doesn't utilise a throttle pot!!!

Anyone know where an MBE 967 will think it is in the map with no throttle pot fitted?

And more importantly, how does one go about fitting a throttle pot to a carb spindle? I know Weber do a kit, but I think theirs is a logarithmic pot which I'm guessing the MBE won't want. SBD do a kit but it's pretty pricy - what I'd really like to do is fit the existing throttle pot, the type which fits on the spindle of a Jenvy throttle body setup.

How have other people tackled this?

Mike
Old 18 May 2006, 08:19 (Ref:1613216)   #2
MikeBz
Racer

MikeBz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBz
Anyone know where an MBE 967 will think it is in the map with no throttle pot fitted?
Well after a very late night in the garage I can answer that one - it thinks it's at WOT which is the only sensible (safe) thing for it to do really. To find out I only had to make up a serial cable and download EasiMap. Oh, and then work out why the PC wouldn't talk to the ECU. Oh, and then work out why the ECU didn't seem to be getting any power, which meant stripping back the loom and working out which bits of it did what and which did nothing, which relays were used and which weren't, finally ending up at a badly crimped connector - it all worked last time out, how does it happen that you switch off a working engine and next time you switch it on there's a duff bit of crimping buried deep in the loom where nobody goes?

Rant over...

Still interested in the throttle pot fitting issue.

Mike