Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Jun 2017, 08:54 (Ref:3744316)   #2401
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JLB has the runs on the board.

CAMS and Supercars aren't interested in the opinions of the supporter base, when they make these decisions. That's the thing I, and probably just about everybody, am prepared to accept. You should as well.
Old 18 Jun 2017, 09:13 (Ref:3744332)   #2402
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
Kid has talent, but in my opinion he will end up like Heimgartner and Russell, sidelined and probably wont end up with another seat. Heimgartner has the most talent of the 3 and lost out, the first team can often set the tone for a career, for example, HRT and Lowndes, what is his statue known as now
Don't see the 'talent' showcased particularly well thus far. Even if the car is the worse in the field, the old fella took it to a year's best 17th not the young pup.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 18 Jun 2017, 09:31 (Ref:3744362)   #2403
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
JLB has the runs on the board.

CAMS and Supercars aren't interested in the opinions of the supporter base, when they make these decisions. That's the thing I, and probably just about everybody, am prepared to accept. You should as well.
I do accept it but I don't agree with it. By the way, making an assumption is the biggest mistake one can make
Old 18 Jun 2017, 09:33 (Ref:3744364)   #2404
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Don't see the 'talent' showcased particularly well thus far. Even if the car is the worse in the field, the old fella took it to a year's best 17th not the young pup.
That's true, it is being hidden a bit. He doesn't appear to have an outstanding talent I will say like McLaughlin, Mostert, and even Scotty Pye after his drive in that Walkinslow today
Old 18 Jun 2017, 10:18 (Ref:3744427)   #2405
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
That's true, it is being hidden a bit. He doesn't appear to have an outstanding talent I will say like McLaughlin, Mostert, and even Scotty Pye after his drive in that Walkinslow today
It is being hidden a LOT. The wildcards were quicker than the #3 at the last couple of events, and outraced it. Shouldn't matter if the car is slow relative to its peers, it should be capable of moving through the field on experience in the pitlane and the driving seat on strategy and consistency. We haven't seen that on the results page.
Old 18 Jun 2017, 10:59 (Ref:3744485)   #2406
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most of those wildcards would be running on bigger budgets and in much newer equipment the #62 & #3 are always bound to struggle
Old 19 Jun 2017, 04:45 (Ref:3745059)   #2407
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS2244 View Post
Most of those wildcards would be running on bigger budgets and in much newer equipment the #62 & #3 are always bound to struggle
Its self induced by LDM I'm afraid, poor choices have hurt them. In the early years they showed some hope, about 2015 in my opinion was the drastic fail
Old 19 Jun 2017, 05:56 (Ref:3745075)   #2408
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Its self induced by LDM I'm afraid, poor choices have hurt them. In the early years they showed some hope, about 2015 in my opinion was the drastic fail
Things starting going downwards around Townsville last season they looked good up until then
Old 26 Jun 2017, 06:58 (Ref:3746877)   #2409
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How long has Payce been on the #15?
Old 26 Jun 2017, 08:39 (Ref:3746897)   #2410
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:

Old 26 Jun 2017, 14:29 (Ref:3746969)   #2411
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why the shrug, they have had a committment to Matt White for a third car for Fullwood at Townsville for a fair while.
Old 26 Jun 2017, 20:31 (Ref:3747104)   #2412
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Why the shrug, they have had a committment to Matt White for a third car for Fullwood at Townsville for a fair while.
The shrug is to the Payce branding on the splitter
I don't recall it being there before either
Old 26 Jun 2017, 23:20 (Ref:3747132)   #2413
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just look at who the co driver of #15 is for the enduros
Old 27 Jun 2017, 02:11 (Ref:3747154)   #2414
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
It is on the rear wing also Here
Old 27 Jun 2017, 02:12 (Ref:3747156)   #2415
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
just look at who the co driver of #15 is for the enduros
So the "works" Nissan team, in their lead car, is taking a pay driver?
Old 27 Jun 2017, 02:52 (Ref:3747160)   #2416
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The shrug is to the Payce branding on the splitter
I don't recall it being there before either
Must have been a late night. Didn't see the Payce bit.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 03:23 (Ref:3747167)   #2417
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see what the problem is with having Wall in the car.

Out of the co-drivers who are confirmed this year only Steve Richards has actually had any serious success in the main game. As far as the rest go I've managed to figure out that only Paul Dumbrell, Dean Canto and Jonathan Webb have actually won a championship race without having a co-driver (and it was only a singular race for all three of those...)

It's not like all the other co-drivers were super successful in the main game.

Heck McLaughlin had Wall as a co-driver last year, and they got a 4th, a 2nd and a 3rd in the three races they had together where Scotty didn't crash the car. He can't have been doing too bad of a job.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 05:32 (Ref:3747186)   #2418
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So the "works" Nissan team, in their lead car, is taking a pay driver?

I didn't say that
Old 27 Jun 2017, 07:07 (Ref:3747201)   #2419
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
I didn't say that
I didn't either, I am asking
Old 27 Jun 2017, 12:38 (Ref:3747280)   #2420
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonracer View Post
Out of the co-drivers who are confirmed this year only Steve Richards has actually had any serious success in the main game. As far as the rest go I've managed to figure out that only Paul Dumbrell, Dean Canto and Jonathan Webb have actually won a championship race without having a co-driver (and it was only a singular race for all three of those...)
Stats like that kind of make you wonder what Bathurst might be like this year with Coulthard/McLaughlin going up against SVG/Whincup etc etc...
Old 27 Jun 2017, 12:55 (Ref:3747285)   #2421
Umai Naa
Veteran

You could include Mr McConville, pending that deal actually comes together.
Old 30 Jun 2017, 11:15 (Ref:3747943)   #2422
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I don't see what the problem is with having Wall in the car.

When did Canto win a race? I don't remember.

Oh... It was one of the "co-driver only" races?
Old 30 Jun 2017, 12:08 (Ref:3747954)   #2423
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
When did Canto win a race? I don't remember.

Oh... It was one of the "co-driver only" races?
I think he won at Barbagallo in 2006 in one of those ridiculous reverse grid races (Radisich spun out of the lead at the last corner)

A win is a win though
Old 30 Jun 2017, 13:10 (Ref:3747966)   #2424
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, that is correct. Actually Dean spun him out after the Rat had a problem on the final straight.

It's at 3:20 of this video, complete with bonus French commentary (!)

Last edited by simonracer; 30 Jun 2017 at 13:16.
Old 30 Jun 2017, 13:23 (Ref:3747968)   #2425
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, that is correct. Actually Dean spun him out after the Rat had a problem on the final straight.

It's at 3:20 of this video, complete with bonus French commentary (!)
Dean Canto drove for GRM in 2006 and 2007!? My gosh I had completely forgotten.