Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 May 2012, 21:32 (Ref:3076598)   #26
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Same spot where Rick and Lowndes clashed all those years ago.

And we know what a bunfight that caused.............
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 19 May 2012, 22:21 (Ref:3076609)   #27
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
Agree, he punted Shane off in a fast corner then tried to on the outside of a fast corner, he drove into slade end of story.
Saw a replay, I think you're right........not sure if Will just resented SVG passing him or whether something happened prior to the incidents that led to the crash.........obviously Will would have wanted to finish in front of Whincup and not sure how he got behind him (have to watch the replay again), probably all caused by frustration on Will's part.
Old 19 May 2012, 22:35 (Ref:3076611)   #28
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking of bun fights....

V8 VETERAN Russell Ingall has slammed his younger rivals as soft, "latte-sipping rich kids" following a Twitter war with rivals including Jonathon Webb, Michael Patrizi and Dean Fiore.

Latte's on the ground please... now, handbags at 12 paces!

Quote:
Known as the "Enforcer", the former champion last week took to the social media website to blast his rivals with threats of "smashing" them after they responded to jibes from the Holden driver about their training habits.

Several prominent drivers use Twitter to post details about their training regimes, which include regular bike rides and runs.

Ingall poked fun at their need to tweet their training feats by saying: "Just smashed 150k bike ride, just smashed a 5 hour gym session, just smashed a latte, just starting to sound like a lot of other drivers."

The post made waves immediately, with Tekno driver Patrizi offering to take Ingall out for beer, fish and chips before telling him to go easy on the anti-ageing pills because he might pull a heartstring.

Webb posted a picture of a man in an electric wheelchair, claiming it was Russell's car of the future, while Fiore uploaded a picture of a freshly brewed latte.

"At the end of the day, they can come and talk to me when they have done something," he said. "If they want to mouth off, then they have to get ready for it. It doesn't bother me what they say but if they want to take a swing, they better be ready to cop one back."

In an intriguing interview, Ingall revealed he joined Twitter reluctantly and accused the motor sport fraternity of dribbling on the popular social media application.

The often outspoken Ingall switched to the Walkinshaw stable at the beginning of the year following a stint with Paul Morris Racing.

"I know it is the future but I am old-school," Ingall said.

"I was reluctant to join Twitter and it was a commercial decision to actually do it. (Sponsor) Supercheap wanted me to do (it), so I did.

"I made up my mind that if I did it, I would not dribble like the rest of them. I really think most of it is mind-numbing. That might be old-school thinking but most of it bores me. I like the concept of it because you can keep it short and sharp and keep people informed, but man, some of the dribble! I am not going to do that.

"Since being on it and looking at it, especially the motor sport stuff, it is the worst out of all of it. Some of the footy stuff is OK, but with the motor sport, it is dudes sitting there with a latte. I can't understand why anyone would want to know about that. I reckon it is just dribble, so I had a go at it.

"And if that includes sticking it up some of the others, then bring it on."

Rather than continue his attack, Ingall applauded his rivals for sticking it to him.

But he was adamant they would not have the courage to do it in person. "That is the sad thing about the sport," Ingall said.

"Back in the day, you (knew) where you stood but now most don't have the balls to say anything; you can always come and see me or pick up the telephone. I mean Greg Murphy does and I think that is good. Great value!

"You should know when someone has a problem but now they hide behind media people. I guess Twitter is good because we are getting some of that character back but we are all learning about its limitations and its reach."

Ingall stood by his claim that half of the V8 field were latte-sipping rich kids.

"I think there is a bit of that creeping into the sport," Ingall said.

"It is no different from any motor sport. You probably have to line up the people that should be there and the people that shouldn't. That is the way it is. If the other half want to mouth off, then they have to get ready for it."
Old 19 May 2012, 23:14 (Ref:3076613)   #29
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
I think Ingall is probably right.........how many of these poofy little "gen Y" drivers did it the hard way???
Old 19 May 2012, 23:25 (Ref:3076614)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
I thought it was a bit ambitious from Will
He doesnt seem to see it that way.... Here

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 19 May 2012, 23:41 (Ref:3076615)   #31
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Actually SVG started it by getting into the back of Will and pushing Will's rear guard onto the tyre (SVG seemed to have a faster car at that stage) SVG got through and then Will returned the compliment to SVG........that started the chain of events.
Old 20 May 2012, 02:11 (Ref:3076628)   #32
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Penalty for TS v WD

But a few penalties for others:

Quote:
In other penalties, Craig Lowndes was relegated two finishing positions in Race 10 for passing Tony D’Alberto and David Wall under yellow flags. The penalty dropped him back to 15th and elevates Wall to a career-best 14th.

Jim Beam Racing’s Dean Fiore received a 25-championship point penalty for contact that sent Alex Premat’s Fujitsu Commodore into the wall early in the race, while James Moffat also received the same penalty for contact with Taz Douglas at pit lane entry.
Old 20 May 2012, 04:49 (Ref:3076651)   #33
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
I'm gathering that Rusty will have to wait until he is being lapped before performing his no nonsense acts ?
Old 20 May 2012, 05:00 (Ref:3076654)   #34
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Richards View Post
Can have that pesky driver safety nonsense getting in the way of the Motortainment now can we ?
Yes, god forbid the races are entertaining.

What real harm was there to driver safety leaving the car there. At worst a car goes off on the slowest corner on the track and gets a dinged up front bumper.
Old 20 May 2012, 06:13 (Ref:3076671)   #35
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was Winterbottoms pit release not worthy of a drive through penalty or did Coulthard have to have his car do a complete rollover ?
Old 20 May 2012, 06:42 (Ref:3076674)   #36
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Actually SVG started it by getting into the back of Will and pushing Will's rear guard onto the tyre (SVG seemed to have a faster car at that stage) SVG got through and then Will returned the compliment to SVG........that started the chain of events.
i think i need to see a slo-mo replay, as i initially thought Whincup started it by tagging Shane and maybe Slade on his way through ??
Old 20 May 2012, 07:21 (Ref:3076682)   #37
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
He doesnt seem to see it that way.... Here

He wouldn't would he.
Stick your nose there on that corner and risk it everytime.
Old 20 May 2012, 07:22 (Ref:3076684)   #38
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Great drives by WD, CL, Bright and SVG .
I'm sure that 888 are kicking themselves for not getting JW to move aside for CL a couple of laps earlier.
I thought JW was generous on a couple of occasions for not doing a GT and pushing a couple of drivers wide at Siberia.
FPR officially own HRT.
Old 20 May 2012, 07:42 (Ref:3076686)   #39
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
I'm sure that 888 are kicking themselves for not getting JW to move aside for CL a couple of laps earlier.
I thought JW was generous on a couple of occasions for not doing a GT and pushing a couple of drivers wide at Siberia.
FPR officially own HRT.
Jamie was a bit gentlemanly on more than one occasion.

I think the whole field is close to owning HRT
Old 20 May 2012, 08:00 (Ref:3076689)   #40
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Yes, god forbid the races are entertaining.
a) You know very well that, in the interests of safety, the sc car should've came out at that time.
b) The sc gets put out for lesser dangers.
c) If you're not going to put it out for that type of danger at that time, for similar dangers, don't put it out at other anytime!
d) Hence, your entertainment isn't as important as
- Safety.
- Keeping the natural flow of the race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
What real harm was there to driver safety leaving the car there. At worst a car goes off on the slowest corner on the track and gets a dinged up front bumper.
No, at worst, it will write off one or more cars. (As if you could trust the current lot of drivers)
Old 20 May 2012, 08:11 (Ref:3076693)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Q11

R11

Series Points

So. Mr Davison is back in the series lead.. the 3 main protagonists (MW, WD, JW) are a hair's breath apart... with the rest fighting for scraps in the championship points position...

I thought it interesting on the #7 coverage that Mr Skaife mentioned that he had had a chat with Mr Reynolds, and offered some driving advice for where to place the car on the track, after yesterday's race... only for him to go backwards in today's event?

Did Mr Reindler get any kind of penalty for the pitlane double up? Mr Coulthard's race was ruined.. with extra stops he didnt need to fix a blown tyre and flailing mudguard....

No speed apparent from the DJR quartet either..

Mr Bright seemed genuinely pleased to be in 3rd place. Even when he won twice last year, the smile was not on that dial....

And thumbs up for the SBR engine shop.. if Mr Larkham is right and the engine in Mr van Gisbergen's car has been in since season start, and has 5,000km on it without a top to toe rebuild... it says a LOT for engine performance on a budget!
Old 20 May 2012, 08:14 (Ref:3076696)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Was Winterbottoms pit release not worthy of a drive through penalty or did Coulthard have to have his car do a complete rollover ?
The pitlane in PI is clearly too narrow to allow 3 lanes of traffic (pit work, stacking & fast lane...)... as it is at some other tracks...

I was wondering whether the rule could be simplified to state that if the first car from a team is in the lane being serviced, the second car couldnt pit, or indeed it should be required to do the equivalent of a drive thru... unless it was retiring to the garage for more serious attention.

In the story of further attention, how could GRM in this day and age 'forget' to put an incompressible jack stand under their #34 car to fix the steering arm? They should have larger fines than current, and none of this suspension till the end of the year junk....
Old 20 May 2012, 08:14 (Ref:3076697)   #43
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I think you'll find that it wasn't Frosty........initially I thought it was too.
Old 20 May 2012, 08:15 (Ref:3076698)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
FPR officially own HRT.
The HRT/WP strategy of starting from pitlane for #22 and #66 didnt pay off either... I suppose when the pilots dont have pace in excess of the midpack, it was always going to be a struggle to get by them all...
Old 20 May 2012, 08:30 (Ref:3076704)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
I think you'll find that it wasn't Frosty........initially I thought it was too.

Is this FPR's method of keeping Mr Winterbottom away from Mr Davison?
Old 20 May 2012, 08:32 (Ref:3076706)   #46
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Wow , i was sure it was....
Does anyone know who it was then ?
Old 20 May 2012, 08:37 (Ref:3076710)   #47
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surely, Monsieur Premat must be wondering whether his contract will go the distance by now.

Who was the worst performing fulltime GRM pilot previously?
Old 20 May 2012, 08:46 (Ref:3076714)   #48
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I was wondering whether the rule could be simplified to state that if the first car from a team is in the lane being serviced, the second car couldnt pit, or indeed it should be required to do the equivalent of a drive thru... unless it was retiring to the garage for more serious attention.
Or perhaps has to hold out of the way prior to the pit bays and only enters the lane proper when the other team car is about to leave the pit bay.

In other words no stacking up in pit lane itself.
Old 20 May 2012, 08:47 (Ref:3076715)   #49
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Is this FPR's method of keeping Mr Winterbottom away from Mr Davison?
Whilst it's great for FPR to have a couple of title contenders , i'm thinking that it's going to cause a few dramas before the championship is decided.
Both WD and MW will probably understand how CL felt over the last couple of years.
Old 20 May 2012, 08:56 (Ref:3076717)   #50
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Wow , i was sure it was....
Does anyone know who it was then ?
I haven't got it recorded, but they called it on the telecast and then replayed it........Frosty was behind them I think.