Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Feb 2002, 22:10 (Ref:216821)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New Marque at LeMans?

This is not a new make being campaigned at LeMans but it looks good enough to be.

Imagine a Tucker Torpedo LM GTP roaring down the Mulsanne. This is a very nice model kit modified to look like a LeMans car. Nice job.
Never forget #99
Old 15 Feb 2002, 22:33 (Ref:216837)   #2
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
be an interesting trick to change those rear tyres

btw - how come covering the rear tyres was banned in 92(?)

Last edited by Es Nes; 15 Feb 2002 at 22:33.
Old 16 Feb 2002, 04:50 (Ref:216964)   #3
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cool!
Old 16 Feb 2002, 06:18 (Ref:216973)   #4
clk-lm
Rookie

clk-lm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Es Nes
how come covering the rear tyres was banned in 92(?)
as far as i know they were not banned. as you know that fueling must be completed before mechanics are allowed to touch the car, according to ACO rules. previously mechanics were allowed to touch the car when it was being fueled. so when the fuel was going in, the mechanics would take the wheel covers off, once fueling was complete they simply changed the tires and put the covers back on. after 92, no one was allowed to touch the car aside from the fuelguys, driver, and telemetry guy(i dont know if telemetry was around in 92) when it was being fueled. teams decided that the time lost in changing wheel cover was greater than the speed advantage of the lower drag of the body.

somebody correct me if im wrong.
Old 16 Feb 2002, 11:23 (Ref:217034)   #5
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't like the re-fuelling tire changing rule. I think they should just be allowed to get on with it.
Old 16 Feb 2002, 13:55 (Ref:217125)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I love that car, KC! No chance of a front-on view, I suppose? I also love that Jagermeister livery, always makes any car look that little bit better, I think!
Old 16 Feb 2002, 18:03 (Ref:217250)   #7
Trebor
Rookie

Trebor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear KC,

Do you also have a picture of the front of this beautifull car.

It's great.
Old 16 Feb 2002, 20:54 (Ref:217338)   #8
Es Nes
Veteran

it sounds like they were banned, but, the rules are very confusing ... body must cover the wheels then goes to say the wheel arches must be exclusively open

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

bah ... brb with image
Old 16 Feb 2002, 21:02 (Ref:217341)   #9
Es Nes
Veteran

from http://www.lemans.org/course/regleme...t_proto_gb.pdf
Old 18 Feb 2002, 14:57 (Ref:218447)   #10
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Front view coming up....
Never forget #99
Old 18 Feb 2002, 14:57 (Ref:218448)   #11
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
Top 3/4 view....

I found these at the Grand Prix Modelers Association. Nice site for modelers.
Never forget #99
Old 18 Feb 2002, 15:16 (Ref:218457)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, I still love it! I guess a few years ago, we would have called this "futuristic"!!
Old 18 Feb 2002, 22:11 (Ref:218660)   #13
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Rules aren't that confusing, wheel arch must be completely open as seen from the side.
Old 18 Feb 2002, 23:35 (Ref:218686)   #14
Es Nes
Veteran

the "it shall cover" part is what confuses me
Old 19 Feb 2002, 08:29 (Ref:218764)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Re: New Marque at LeMans?

Quote:
Originally posted by KC

Imagine a Tucker Torpedo LM GTP roaring down the Mulsanne.
Hang on a minute? When did it suddenly become a "Tucker Torpedo"?
Old 19 Feb 2002, 14:19 (Ref:218895)   #16
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
Sorry about that. I initially named it incorrectly a Studebaker. The builder used a Tucker Torpedo for the car. My fault. Good eye for you.
Never forget #99
Old 19 Feb 2002, 15:08 (Ref:218917)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah! Actually, "Tucker Torpedo" is actually a bloody good name for it!
Old 19 Feb 2002, 16:44 (Ref:218965)   #18
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could be the GrandAm prototype of the future...
sorry, couldn't resist