Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Nov 2013, 00:14 (Ref:3330648)   #26
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Yep. Last I looked if you want to race the national FF series in Australia you are looking at over $200K. For what I do not know. I'm sure the big travel expenses are a part of it as well as fees to be on the V8 Supercars ticket.

A bit pricey for a cockpit, a 4 cylinder engine, some body work, suspension and 4 wheels.
That is insanity.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 01:07 (Ref:3330654)   #27
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
EfiOz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
What worries me about this (apart from the fact that there are way too many categories in Australia anyway) is that there will be a monopoly supplier of cars and components.History shows that this is a recipe for that supplier to make a lot of money at the expense of competitors.I hope at least the tender process is open and transparent rather than "commercial in confidence" and that the decision isn't the sort of thing that should be referred to ICAC.
I think there will be several chassis available, with one spec engine.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 01:22 (Ref:3330655)   #28
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Racenut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the interview with CAMS CEO they prefer an arrive and drive series, this would indicate there will be one chassis and one engine. On that basis it will be cheaper than FF because each team wont be spending money on developments to make the car faster. As long as the cars are prepared equally they dont need to be fast, just equal, then its up to the best driver. Sounds good to me.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 02:00 (Ref:3330661)   #29
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
I think the reference to arrive and drive was a polite way of saying we only want professional teams in this. One chassis might still be on the cards but I don't think that idea is set in stone yet.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 04:42 (Ref:3330695)   #30
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfiOz View Post
I think the reference to arrive and drive was a polite way of saying we only want professional teams in this.
An interesting way of going about an entry-level series....
Old 13 Nov 2013, 04:54 (Ref:3330699)   #31
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
An interesting way of going about an entry-level series....
It is an entry level series for drivers that want to become professional drivers. I think its a great idea. If you want to tinker with your car go club racing. It wont be for everyone but it will serve the purpose very well.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 05:38 (Ref:3330712)   #32
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah, I think the term "entry level" is a little misleading in this case.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 06:55 (Ref:3330718)   #33
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would think there is a large group of competitors who want more than 'club racing' and want to run a national series,
but dont want to head off overseas and become a superstar or have delusions of ending up a V8SC driver.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 20:38 (Ref:3330987)   #34
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
I would think there is a large group of competitors who want more than 'club racing' and want to run a national series,
but dont want to head off overseas and become a superstar or have delusions of ending up a V8SC driver.
Thats why the Shannons Nationals was established.

In Australia at present we have 3 levels of competion:
1. Club
2. National Amatuer (Shannons Nationals)
3. National Professional (this is for people that want to become professionals)
Old 14 Nov 2013, 02:58 (Ref:3331103)   #35
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut View Post

1. Club
Don't forget State Championship racing, which slots nealty between Club & National.
Old 14 Nov 2013, 06:07 (Ref:3331126)   #36
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut View Post

1. Club
How many of the people competing in Carrera Cup, V8Utes, Touring Car Masters etc etc are professionals..?

A very narrow view of things if they want to exclude 'certain' people from the series, especially if ultimatly they need the cars on the grid
Old 14 Nov 2013, 08:54 (Ref:3331153)   #37
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
What will F4 have that Formula Ford doesn't exactly?? Since when has 'International relevance' of a category helped get Aussies overseas? Formula Holden gave Aussies just as many chances overseas as any other local formula has (except FFord)

Why will F4 help drivers get overseas better? Why will it be more attractive to sponsors?

The class of open-wheeler has never been the obstacle stopping Aussies going overseas, the obstacle has always been purely and simply money, and i'm not sure how a new name and some wings is going to get local sponsors all of a sudden willing to back Aussies overseas.

And surely getting F4 onto the V8Supercar circuit is crucial to the success of it?
Some valid points in there , Formula holden , did it replace F5000, or the tasman series?, Agree F3 was to run the same same ae Euro, so no dramas there, but the old Fford Driver to Europe had died a slow death.

15 years ago there would be a field of 20 , yet today a field of 12 maybe, and to run with the bratpack (V8SC's) it will cost you again, and if we look to next years TV coverage , as revealed by Warbuton, dleayed telecast for supports, and can supports promote themselves at a V8 meet, nah those days are gone because everything revolves around V8 SUperwaffle.

Would like to see them go to Shannons , and promote themselves without paying a merchant banker ( Archer Capital) money to race

Hopefully there is some group out there who can take the role of catergory manager and continue what formula ford started