Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Aug 2013, 08:45 (Ref:3293367)   #51
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 24 Aug 2013, 08:59 (Ref:3293372)   #52
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Woohoo! V8SC making rules up as they go along....

Story Here
Old 24 Aug 2013, 10:20 (Ref:3293384)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:

Backtrack?
Old 24 Aug 2013, 11:08 (Ref:3293396)   #54
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
they used a fuel that was not E85, instead closer to E50 (i.e. instead of 85% ethanol in the blend, it was 50% instead)
It was a 70% blend GTR.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 11:12 (Ref:3293399)   #55
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well done Nissan, but was it me or was that the most boring V8 race of the season?
Old 24 Aug 2013, 11:33 (Ref:3293406)   #56
kiwi20
Racer

New Zealand
kiwi20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a crock of **** GTR. How do you know of all the "difference" in regards to how the car drives?

All the engine builder said it makes no difference and all the teams agreed.

Clearly you just made all this up and no doubt will say it came from some fantasy
"powder room" to cover your arse.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 12:39 (Ref:3293428)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi20 View Post
What a crock of **** GTR. How do you know of all the "difference" in regards to how the car drives?

All the engine builder said it makes no difference and all the teams agreed.

Clearly you just made all this up and no doubt will say it came from some fantasy
"powder room" to cover your arse.
Can you tell me the last time cars 3 and 4 at Kelly Racing have ever been at the front of the field, while the family cars are midfield at best?

I'm genuinely curious because I cannot recall it ever happening, but happy to be proven wrong

Tomorrow will show what (if any) difference the fuel actually makes

Here's an adaption of the issue for you. Go run your 4 stroke lawnmower on E10, then run it on regular 91 octane unleaded. Guess which fuel makes the mower run smoother?
Old 24 Aug 2013, 23:34 (Ref:3293597)   #58
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
EfiOz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whether it had a performance benefit or not, this was a monumentally stupid move by V8SC. The parity genie is well and truly out of the bottle now.

Well done to Moff and Caruso and I hope they can back this up today or else yesterdays achievements will unfortunately be tarnished by the ill conceived actions of a few bureaucrats.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 00:47 (Ref:3293609)   #59
321Go
Veteran

The "experiment" was to narrow it down to a point. The point being, Nismo and AMG/Erebus have hit a brick wall technically, and have no where to go within the current regulations for them to be competitive if a solution wasn't found.

The solution was found in the fuel; albeit it was a bit too one sided, it can be fine tuned. The fuel needed to change for these teams to be competitive, and make their investment into the series worthwhile. It is a parity series after all.

Volvo were very quick to criticise. "All teams should compete on a level playing field.... Including fuel blends" is what they said. But let's wait and see if (or when) they are left at the back of the field, and should they ask V8SC if something can be done for them to be competitive shall we??

Wonder how the moaning groups would feel if Nismo and Erebus pulled the plug on the series? We go back to Holden v Ford, for what.. a couple of years or so? Then to a Holden only series. And then a year or so later, no V8SC series at all???
Old 25 Aug 2013, 00:51 (Ref:3293610)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Lets just see how quick the Norton Hornets are on regular E85 control fuel...
Old 25 Aug 2013, 01:34 (Ref:3293613)   #61
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Lets just see how quick the Norton Hornets are on regular E85 control fuel...
#8 to pole... with #3 alongside

Fastest Norton Nissan... 14th... and 25th...

Hmmmmmm......
Old 25 Aug 2013, 01:37 (Ref:3293614)   #62
321Go
Veteran

Reading most of the negative comments on the Nissan win, the major portion of the moaning (99.9%) seems to come from the Holden side. Funny that.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 01:58 (Ref:3293616)   #63
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
R27 qually... #22 to pole... #8 alongside...
#33 and #12 for row 2
#3 in 5th!

A Norton Nissan made the top 10, in 9th for Mr Moffat
Old 25 Aug 2013, 03:13 (Ref:3293626)   #64
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The alleged impact of this (despite Mr Skaife saying it made no difference) is apparently an improvement firstly in throttle response, and secondly, in power production.

Do you make up these fantasies you seem to have?
Old 25 Aug 2013, 03:21 (Ref:3293627)   #65
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Reading most of the negative comments on the Nissan win, the major portion of the moaning (99.9%) seems to come from the Holden side. Funny that.
99.9% ay, nothing like a bit of exaggeration to help your opinion. It would be fair to say that the teams and supporters of the other 3 manufacturers would have been unimpressed with yesterday's fuel issue.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 03:35 (Ref:3293628)   #66
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Do you make up these fantasies you seem to have?
If they are fantasies, how are they the main topic of general discussion in the Winton paddock? Mr Tander mentioned the issue as shown earlier in this thread, Mr Courtney did in the interview during the development series race, Speedcafe have mentioned it it yesterday's race summary, and again in today's qualifying wrap up.

Whether its true or coincidental, its not a good look...

I am glad I can control other people's thinking like that though. Wonder if I can parlay a lotto win on that basis?
Old 25 Aug 2013, 04:29 (Ref:3293632)   #67
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some luck for Frosty at the start, but he made the most of it and well done.JW getting a reality a check and game on.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 04:51 (Ref:3293633)   #68
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure how it's a reality check.

The reality is, he's been the most successful driver in the most successful team in the last 5 years.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 04:57 (Ref:3293634)   #69
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Not sure how it's a reality check.

The reality is, he's been the most successful driver in the most successful team in the last 5 years.
That he has, although now he doesn't have a comfortable lead in the championship and their bullet proof cars are looking a little vulnerable and I'm not talking about being punted in race 2.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 04:58 (Ref:3293635)   #70
v8man
Racer

v8man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
R27 qually... #22 to pole... #8 alongside...
#33 and #12 for row 2
#3 in 5th!

A Norton Nissan made the top 10, in 9th for Mr Moffat
Moff may of not qualified well in R26 but he came from 25th to 11th and this was using e85, maybe the cars are just very quick at Winton as the Kellys have said all year
Old 25 Aug 2013, 05:05 (Ref:3293636)   #71
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
99.9% ay, nothing like a bit of exaggeration to help your opinion.
Yes true, sorry it's not 99.9%. My bad. I've just read another negative comment in the media from Volvo so the percentage has now dropped to 99.5%.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 06:07 (Ref:3293642)   #72
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting that Mr Larkham has had to run the whiteboard to explain what happened with the fuel, even supplying data from 2 laps out of Mr Moffat's car, one on E70 , one on E85 , to try and shut down the noise Mr Larkham refers to coming from the paddock

It would be funny if it wasnt so serious.

Doesnt change the championship, adds a new carmaker winner, adds a new driver winner, all feels warm, except for the fuel discussion
Old 25 Aug 2013, 07:00 (Ref:3293653)   #73
Reload
Veteran

Australia
As Rick Kelly goes flying uncontrollably across the infield, Matt White chimes in with " great presence of mind for Rick to control his car "
Old 25 Aug 2013, 07:30 (Ref:3293658)   #74
321Go
Veteran

Well done JC, good racing start to finish.
And Mostert..., way to go in the last few corners!

And the rule about re-joining in the spot you were in before leaving the track should be changed!! IMO, Will Davo should be a lap down for cutting the track.

What happens if by cutting the track like that, you miss a timing marker? How can you still be classified as finishing that lap?? Stupid rule. It should be changed so that if you go off the track and miss two consecutive corners, you must re-join at the back of the field.

edit: Anyone know what happened to Caruso? He was in 9th I think with a few corners left. Would have had both Hornets in the top 10.

edit: Apparently Caruso was absolutely drilled and taken out with two corners to go by Lowndes. Robbo not happy about at all, and by what he said, Lowndes was very deliberate in taking him out. What's the bet CL will get away with it once again, as there's probably no footage of the incident.

Last edited by 321Go; 25 Aug 2013 at 07:50.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 07:49 (Ref:3293661)   #75
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Looks like HRT are more competitive than they had managed previously... a 1-4 is nothing to be sneezed at. Funny though that it takes them until the last race of the weekend to get their stuff sorted.

Mr Mostert did well to hold of a much better tyred #2 as well...

Championship is wide open again... anyone from the top 5 or 6 still has a shot..