Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 May 2009, 20:34 (Ref:2457507)   #1
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Audi D Type

Although not strictly "historic racing today" the fact that today an Audi D-type put in some runs on the remainder of the Reims GP track, (where the D-type won the 1939 GP) might be reason enough to post it here. I was driving the car that carried the photographers alongside the beast, and I can tell you it is a rare sight to have a D-Type (and not a Jaguar) in you rear view mirrors and to hear the supercharged engine next to you.
The car will be sold auctioned by Bonhams at Quail in August.
More here
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/3...on-Type-D.html
Old 8 May 2009, 09:47 (Ref:2457801)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lovely job, Pieter. Now wouldn't that be great to see racing; no doubt would be considered too rare, too valuable etc, erc, though.
Old 15 May 2009, 12:52 (Ref:2462909)   #3
ralphspins
Rookie

England
Oxford
ralphspins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this the car that was run at the Shelsley Walsh 100th anniversary do in 2005? I have very fond memories of standing between it and the BRM V16 as they were being warmed up in the paddock! Being less than 2 feet away from both sets of exhausts was fantastic but left me with sore ears for the rest of the day!!
Old 15 May 2009, 15:59 (Ref:2462986)   #4
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am not sure but I presume that one of the Audi replicas was present at SW. Was it actually a D-Type?
Old 18 May 2009, 13:13 (Ref:2464527)   #5
jamesholland
Racer

jamesholland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No it was a real one. In fact the car that is shortly to be auctioned.

My memory of it Shelsley is that it was actually rather quiet and made a neat and undramatic ascent of the hill.