Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Which driver is going to win the VASC Driver’s Championship In 2018?
#1 Jamie Whincup RBHRT Holden 6 14.63%
#2 Scott Pye WAU Holden 1 2.44%
#5 Mark Winterbottom Tickford Ford 0 0%
#6 Cameron Waters Tickford Ford 1 2.44%
#7 Andre Heimgartner NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#8 Nick Percat BJR Holden 0 0%
#9 David Reynolds Erebus Holden 1 2.44%
#12 Fabian Coulthard DJRTP Ford 1 2.44%
#14 Tim Slade BJR Holden 0 0%
#15 Rick Kelly NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#17 Scott McLaughlin DJRTP Ford 22 53.66%
#18 Lee Holdsworth Team18 Holden 0 0%
#19 Jack Le Brocq Tekno Holden 0 0%
#21 Tim Blanchard TBR Holden 0 0%
#23 Michael Caruso NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#25 James Courtney WAU Holden 1 2.44%
#33 Garth Tander GRM Holden 0 0%
#34 James Golding GRM Holden 0 0%
#35 Todd Hazelwood MSR Ford 0 0%
#55 Chaz Mostert Tickford Ford 4 9.76%
#56 Richie Stanaway Tickford Ford 1 2.44%
#78 Simona de Silvestro NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#97 Shane van Gisbergen RBHRT Holden 2 4.88%
#99 Anton de Pasquale Erebus Holden 1 2.44%
#230 Will Davison 23RED Ford 0 0%
#888 Craig Lowndes ALR Holden 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Nov 2017, 23:35 (Ref:3778077)   #1126
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Rullo Talking To Teams For 2018

Supercar... and BTCC
Rullo Snr should have made note of the drivers who knocked the LDM drive back for this year and showed some due diligence. At least two blokes with experience and budget knocked back LDMs advances if the stories are right.
As it was, he expected his kid to "learn how to sing on Broadway". With a dud microphone...
Old 2 Nov 2017, 01:18 (Ref:3778084)   #1127
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Rullo Snr should have made note of the drivers who knocked the LDM drive back for this year and showed some due diligence. At least two blokes with experience and budget knocked back LDMs advances if the stories are right.
As it was, he expected his kid to "learn how to sing on Broadway". With a dud microphone...
If things had turned out a little differently, there is a chance he may have been in a PRA satellite team. The difference a year makes
Old 2 Nov 2017, 01:43 (Ref:3778090)   #1128
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even Paul could see it's not a worth while investment. His cash went to RBHRT!!
Old 2 Nov 2017, 05:17 (Ref:3778126)   #1129
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Macauley Jones To Stay In Super2 In 2018
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 2 Nov 2017, 09:45 (Ref:3778137)   #1130
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
Even Paul could see it's not a worth while investment. His cash went to RBHRT!!
Garry?
Old 2 Nov 2017, 10:00 (Ref:3778140)   #1131
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He tipped some money at various stages in the early days, but nothing of note in the last few years.
Old 2 Nov 2017, 11:23 (Ref:3778151)   #1132
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
Even Paul could see it's not a worth while investment.
Isn't there a similarity between LDM and Williams Grand Prix Engineering?

From backmarker and paddock "laughing stock" to champions in the case of the latter -- so maybe the time for LDM just hasn't come yet.
Old 2 Nov 2017, 11:55 (Ref:3778158)   #1133
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Isn't there a similarity between LDM and Williams Grand Prix Engineering?

From backmarker and paddock "laughing stock" to champions in the case of the latter -- so maybe the time for LDM just hasn't come yet.
They have 4 weeks or so, then it evaporates/transmogrifies into something else.... time for haste...
Old 2 Nov 2017, 12:10 (Ref:3778160)   #1134
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Onto things more interesting...

The 888 4th car wildcard for ‘18.

Now we don’t know the pilot just yet (Did someone say Kostecki?)
Or what rounds it is going to do (full season?, Bathurst?)

A question sits around where it will be run from...
Will it run from the 4th 888 slot currently in use by Tekno, meaning Tekno (or whoever runs a car in that slot anyway) needs to find a new pit boom buddy?

Any view on branding on this car? Will it score points? Can it win races? What if it dominates? Will it be ‘start and park’?

Did 888 just get an extra REC allocation as a free kick, to run an unencumbered strategy on car #888 for next year...?

Lotsa questions, no noise around answers...
Old 2 Nov 2017, 12:33 (Ref:3778163)   #1135
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps the chat about a V6TT wildcard is all just a ruse, and all three Triple Eight-prepared cars will run the new engine from the outset?
Old 2 Nov 2017, 18:37 (Ref:3778228)   #1136
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Will it run from the 4th 888 slot currently in use by Tekno, meaning Tekno (or whoever runs a car in that slot anyway) needs to find a new pit boom buddy?
Presumably it will operate in the same manor as the BJR, GRM and MWR wildcards did this year.

Quote:
Will it score points? Can it win races? What if it dominates? Will it be ‘start and park’?
The ability to score points will be the same as applies to the other wildcards. But really who would notice or care that its driver is elevated from 36th to 34th in the standings? A ‘start and park’ would defeat the whole purpose of the exercise which is to test the engine in a race environment. And its not going to dominate straight out of the box.

Quote:
Did 888 just get an extra REC allocation as a free kick, to run an unencumbered strategy on car #888 for next year?
No, I am sure that whatever restrictions apply on number of wildcard starts will apply.
Old 2 Nov 2017, 20:35 (Ref:3778239)   #1137
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Tekno To Upgrade To ZB Commodore

...by reskinning their current Bathurst winning chassis...
Old 2 Nov 2017, 22:36 (Ref:3778253)   #1138
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Tekno To Upgrade To ZB Commodore

...by reskinning their current Bathurst winning chassis...
Why not, that's what COTF is for?

Skaifey's prized Golden Child (double champ, double bathurst winner) was even upgraded to Blueprint and raced in '03 and trotted out at Surfers '04 IIRC.

With generous inventory of 2013(?) 888 front suspensions, why you upgrade to the latest spec either?
Old 2 Nov 2017, 22:43 (Ref:3778257)   #1139
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Why not, that's what COTF is for?

Skaifey's prized Golden Child (double champ, double bathurst winner) was even upgraded to Blueprint and raced in '03 and trotted out at Surfers '04 IIRC.

With generous inventory of 2013(?) 888 front suspensions, why you upgrade to the latest spec either?
In theory... except that chassis became 4’ shorter at Symmons Plains this year, and going on results since, hasn’t quite been the same...
Old 3 Nov 2017, 01:22 (Ref:3778274)   #1140
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting to read in AA this week, that despite 888 being the Official Factory Race Team of Holden, that the design, developmemt, testing & homologation of the ZB Commodore for racing, is all being done by 888 at 888’s cost!

There is apparently complaint in the paddock about the cost of parts, panels presumably, which were previously designed centrally at 888 (paid for by Holden) and licenced to teams to make themselves. This can apparently still happen, except 888 seems to be looking to recoup their development costs in the price.

Interesting...
Old 3 Nov 2017, 03:56 (Ref:3778287)   #1141
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Smart business model really, what are teams to do, pay overs for Roland's ZB or...or...
Old 3 Nov 2017, 04:47 (Ref:3778290)   #1142
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Interesting to read in AA this week, that despite 888 being the Official Factory Race Team of Holden, that the design, developmemt, testing & homologation of the ZB Commodore for racing, is all being done by 888 at 888’s cost!

There is apparently complaint in the paddock about the cost of parts, panels presumably, which were previously designed centrally at 888 (paid for by Holden) and licenced to teams to make themselves. This can apparently still happen, except 888 seems to be looking to recoup their development costs in the price.

Interesting...
At the time it was signed, a certain person of French origin was still in the camp, and had arguably fettled the 2 most recently dominant car designs in V8SC. At the time, i'm sure most teams would be happy to buy something designed by said person.

Who'd have thought the person of French origin would then subsequently move camps?
Old 3 Nov 2017, 08:22 (Ref:3778312)   #1143
Umai Naa
Veteran

Perhaps if Holden still had a dedicated motorsport department, the deal may have been a lot different?
Old 3 Nov 2017, 15:12 (Ref:3778366)   #1144
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:

Interesting...
A sensible step on the path for Holden to reduce involvement in the Supercars series, as Ford has done.
Old 3 Nov 2017, 22:00 (Ref:3778423)   #1145
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
A sensible step on the path for Holden to reduce involvement in the Supercars series, as Ford has done.
Presumably they are helping with the costs of the V6TT engine development program? If not... who would be able to afford the lease on those
Old 3 Nov 2017, 22:01 (Ref:3778424)   #1146
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Moffat Gone From GRM in 2018

...without a prospect of a main game drive...
Old 3 Nov 2017, 22:41 (Ref:3778430)   #1147
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Smart business model really, what are teams to do, pay overs for Roland's ZB or...or...
Stick with the trusty VF that is just as good under Supercars parity rules?
Old 3 Nov 2017, 23:30 (Ref:3778434)   #1148
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
...without a prospect of a main game drive...
Well the rumour was that a driver was going to reveal their 2018 plans today!
Old 4 Nov 2017, 07:04 (Ref:3778482)   #1149
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Well the rumour was that a driver was going to reveal their 2018 plans today!
Centrelink
Old 5 Nov 2017, 20:50 (Ref:3778890)   #1150
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
REPORTS: STANAWAY A DONE DEAL TO RACE SUPERCARS FULL-TIME