Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Nov 2017, 07:41 (Ref:3782838)   #1
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Le Jog

Is on next weekend . I enjoy seeing the cars go through but struggling to find out where I can do so in my neck of the woods. Anyone know ?
Old 25 Nov 2017, 08:21 (Ref:3782842)   #2
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HERO normally put a list of 'spectator points' on their website nearer the event - I don't think it's there yet. From that you can normally guesstimate an approximate route. It's a bit of detective work but some Googling can sometimes work e.g. you might come across some district / parish council meeting notes online that mention a route re permission etc.

The route this year is to the west of the UK and into Wales. Saturday night is in Chester, Sunday night is near the borders so Sunday may be your best bet but whether or not they work their way the 'proper side' of the Pennines is anyone's guess. Yorkshire is popular with these rallies (understandably so) whereas they don't normally bother with Lancashire (who would?) - sorry couldn't resist!

Alternatively they may keep west and into the Lake District but within reach from your location.

As said best bet is a lot of Googling close to the day.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 00:20 (Ref:3783014)   #3
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be in Tenerife so not marshalling Le Jog this year.....and there doesn't seem to be any detailed info on the HERO site yet, I agree.

Last year meandered around the Lancashire / Yorkshire border before heading up North-West to overnight at Gretna, so they may go further East this year.

Just keep checking https://heroevents.eu/event-type/le-jog/
Old 28 Nov 2017, 15:14 (Ref:3783787)   #4
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spectator points now available (and as suspected it travels into North Yorkshire). Should be able to work out some potential routes from the points listed if they're not to your liking Coppice:

https://heroevents.eu/event-type/le-jog/
Old 30 Nov 2017, 07:32 (Ref:3784247)   #5
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Thanks - looks like nice run up Wensleydale for me on Sunday morning then.
Old 30 Nov 2017, 23:51 (Ref:3784414)   #6
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Thanks - looks like nice run up Wensleydale for me on Sunday morning then.
Just remember its next weekend, not this weekend
Old 1 Dec 2017, 08:06 (Ref:3784490)   #7
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
Oh my word so it is ! That's saved me a wasted trip- thanks.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 09:57 (Ref:3784507)   #8
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Another HERO rally (North Yorkshire) date for your diary then - in November 2018:

https://heroevents.eu/event-type/rac...-of-the-tests/

Old 6 Dec 2017, 17:26 (Ref:3785471)   #9
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
A bit last minute this one but for those interested - Tony Jardine will be on Simon Mayo's show BBC R2 at 6.40pm (ish) tonight talking about this year's Le Jog.
Old 8 Dec 2017, 19:24 (Ref:3785916)   #10
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Good luck to all the crews who will have been gathering in Lands End today, and will even now be ensconced in their "black tie" for the pre-event dinner. The weather "Oop North" obviously knows its Le Jog time......

Understand at least one crew has retirewd already, having broken down on the M5 en route........a very expensive non-finish....it was bad enough when we retired on the first day the first time I did it.
Old 10 Dec 2017, 19:19 (Ref:3786168)   #11
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Just thought I'd post half-a-dozen sample photos from this afternoon as the crews passed across the Yorkshire dales from Ribblehead Viaduct towards Hawes.

A bit of snow on the hills but nothing to write home about for up here. The roads were pretty clear - I think they had worse further south.
Attached Thumbnails
Le Jog 2017_0066_10Tenths.jpg   Le Jog 2017_0080_10Tenths.jpg   Le Jog 2017_0087_10Tenths.jpg  

Le Jog 2017_0098_10Tenths.jpg   Le Jog 2017_0238_10Tenths.jpg   Le Jog 2017_0252_10Tenths.jpg  

Old 10 Dec 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3786169)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Certainly looks like you escaped lightly compared with some parts!

Love the PV544, always been a fan.... and is that Rover P4 following the ‘BGT’?
Old 10 Dec 2017, 19:43 (Ref:3786173)   #13
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Pretty regular competitors in the P4 - Robert and Susan McClean in a 100
Old 11 Dec 2017, 07:43 (Ref:3786229)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Pretty regular competitors in the P4 - Robert and Susan McClean in a 100
Sorry, OT...... When a spotty apprentice I occasionally worked on our local Vicar’s 110, and it was much better to drive than looks would suggest! It was eclipsed a few years later, however, when I got to drive a P5B Coupe.

BTW, notice the Volvo had been trying a little too hard at some point!
Old 11 Dec 2017, 08:16 (Ref:3786233)   #15
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
A bit parky but looked stunning - far better than it does in summer time. I was parked down the road from the photo location and enjoyed the procession of cars from my youth . Followed Jardine's 1602 BMW back to Hawes - sensibly brisk pace and laudable compliance with 30 limit in Hawes (in contrast to rallies of old).
Old 13 Dec 2017, 18:26 (Ref:3786862)   #16
NHSL
Rookie

NHSL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Every time I see a picture of the Ribblehead Viaduct in the newspaper, normally with an engine "shovelling steam over its shoulder", I wonder what would happen if anyone proposed building it today?

Fat chance!
Old 15 Dec 2017, 15:21 (Ref:3787270)   #17
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Jog cars on Test

Images and report: www.retro-speed.co.uk
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_4736.JPG   DSC_4748.JPG   DSC_4802.JPG  

DSC_4813.JPG   DSC_4817.JPG   DSC_4790.JPG