Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 26 Nov 2003, 13:09 (Ref:795010)   #76
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by johnw
Not sure why you are getting flak over our drivers, but hey it's not me so that's OK;-)

The answer's there if you look..

Cheers

Stacy
Old 26 Nov 2003, 18:23 (Ref:795312)   #77
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cynic
Thanks. I understand, so assume that its is because there are more races per day which is covered in other threads.

Wish that it hadn't come up as it might put off some of our more portly drivers from marshalling :-)
Old 26 Nov 2003, 18:27 (Ref:795317)   #78
johnw
Veteran

England
Stacy
I've even had girls look, but still didn't find it.
Just as well I don't have to do the conveyor belt.
ATB
John
Old 26 Nov 2003, 20:42 (Ref:795452)   #79
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Stacy
I've even had girls look, but still didn't find it.
John
Maybe I was being too cryptic.. Anyhoo:
Attached Thumbnails
pic14.jpeg  
Old 26 Nov 2003, 21:22 (Ref:795484)   #80
johnw
Veteran

England
Doh!
Excellent.
Old 26 Nov 2003, 21:35 (Ref:795495)   #81
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Sheila M
Careful Stu - you know that one of my other hats is a CoC one - albeit for Sprints!
Yes, but you cheat !!!

you have a magic broom on which to bypass passport control!!
Old 26 Nov 2003, 22:23 (Ref:795546)   #82
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Doh!
Excellent.
Won't be out in 2004 unless it's the end of the season and I suddenly find myself both out of work and strangely flush, but work is progressing..

Stacy
Old 26 Nov 2003, 22:45 (Ref:795567)   #83
johnw
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by stacy
I suddenly find myself both out of work and strangely flush.....
How does that work and can I have some please?
Do hope to see you out there. I think that it's a winning formula.
Cheers
John
Old 11 Dec 2003, 19:11 (Ref:809513)   #84
kartingdad
Veteran

kartingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
How about marshalls training as drivers?

It's about as likely as Sheriffs training as Indians
Old 12 Dec 2003, 01:20 (Ref:809734)   #85
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Of course it's unlikely. We don't have enough money to drive else many of us would. Especially after we've carelessly wasted it on safety equipment such as overalls, boots, waterproofs (no cover anywhere) and petrol... Oh and various things for assisting drivers with damaged cars or worse.

Last edited by Woolley; 12 Dec 2003 at 01:21.
Old 12 Dec 2003, 12:52 (Ref:810115)   #86
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kartingdad

I wouldn't want to race - there's too many mad people out there! I've seen what racing drivers do to nice cars. No, I'm quite happy in the relative safety of the pit lane thank you. Having said that I would like to spend some time with a team and hopefully next season if I get chance I will do just that with the BMW boys.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 08:55 (Ref:812872)   #87
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:

And where would we race with no marshals? A question you might find yourself coming up more and more in the next few years if things don't change soon.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 10:28 (Ref:812943)   #88
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I only race at BARC events, and certainly we get visits from marshals during lunchbreak. I don't claim to have checked each and every meeting this year for a lunch break, or the length of it, but I can recall many meetings when groups of marshals could be seen in the paddock chatting to drivers. Either some of you are marshalling at some bum events or you are being a bit unfair.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 17:28 (Ref:813260)   #89
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Pearson
Either some of you are marshalling at some bum events or you are being a bit unfair.
Depends on the event and the length of the lunchbreak Bob.

For instance, if we get half an hour stand down, Pit Lane marshals and those with posts close to the paddock may well be able to get over - those of us further out on the circuit will have just about enough time to get to a toilet and possibly inhale a sandwich (preferably NOT at the same time!).

Now I'm not complaining about that - I've been at more than enough events where we don't get a lunchbreak at all! But it's possible the marshals you've seen are Pit Lane and Paddock marshals. You may find that those who are saying they don't have time to come and visit are the circuit marshals who would be a lot further away from the paddock area.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 17:46 (Ref:813278)   #90
kartingdad
Veteran

kartingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
You could race anywhere you wanted, 'cos there wouldn't be any marshalls to stop us! LOL
Old 16 Dec 2003, 18:02 (Ref:813288)   #91
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
and the pub should be open for at least an hour after the last race....

take note silverstone....
Old 16 Dec 2003, 20:31 (Ref:813403)   #92
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ss_collins
and the pub should be open for at least an hour after the last race....

take note silverstone....
Not just the pub but toilets that anyone can use not those that are for the exclusive use of a particular group of people.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 21:20 (Ref:813450)   #93
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You could race anywhere you wanted, 'cos there wouldn't be any marshalls to stop us! LOL
or help us, or guide us, or warn us or even.......

save our lives !!!!

but also, none of them to take the pee out of you when you got it wrong!

But it still wouldn't look as bad as a bunch of orange-clad bods, out there in the rain, with no cars/karts/trucks or bikes coming past us!!!!

Thanks to all of you that spend the money and thereby entertain us.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 01:29 (Ref:813642)   #94
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
[i]But it still wouldn't look as bad as a bunch of orange-clad bods, out there in the rain, with no cars/karts/trucks or bikes coming past us!!!!
Or the last 1½ hours of the RAC rally as it used to be!

But Stu is right, we're part of the event and we all need each other to enjoy our hobby. What we should do is have a party on the Saturday of all 2 day meetings, drivers, teams, marshals, sponsors, press, etc. It works at Hill Climbs.

Lunch breaks are sadly a rarity, and not the best time to chat.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 09:50 (Ref:813814)   #95
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Happy to oblige KD - please supply a list of events you'll be racing at next year and I'll be delighted not to go to any of them.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 10:23 (Ref:813839)   #96
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Hi Evil One,
Yes, I realise that some events aren't so user friendly as others, hence my comment about some bum events. But just to record some instances that I can remember from last year, we were visited at lunch time by marshals from Knicker Brook at Oulton ( a fair length trip) and we are always visited by a group of marshals at Thruxton, aven the event when they were out around Church bend area.
So, in the interests of balance, I don't think it can be all doom and despondency.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 10:24 (Ref:813842)   #97
Bob Pearson
Veteran

I meant "can't be all doom and despondency"
Old 17 Dec 2003, 11:02 (Ref:813875)   #98
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Pearson
we were visited at lunch time by marshals from Knicker Brook at Oulton
That would be me! If I remember correctly, we wanted to see how much of your son's car was left after an off-track excursion at Lakeside; he reciprocated by popping in to see us at Knicker Brook with a dead car......

Last edited by Dave Brand; 17 Dec 2003 at 11:03.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 12:26 (Ref:813949)   #99
Bob Pearson
Veteran

You're right Dave it was you, I seem to recall we were a bit desperate at the time. Ironically the electrical fault that stopped him in the afternoon was un-connected with the disembowelling of the car in the morning. Pity the electrical fault didn't come first, it may have saved all the damage. Look forward to seeing you again next year.