Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Jan 2024, 06:57 (Ref:4192145)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
MG David,Rich and Delta trip to NZ 2024.

Thought it was time to start thread. There has been a set back and we might be missing the first race at Christchurch. Skope Classic Ruapuna. Our containers have not been unloaded as the NZ authorities are the insisting the ship gets the Hull cleaned. I will keep you posted.
Old 17 Jan 2024, 08:03 (Ref:4192148)   #2
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Thought it was time to start thread. There has been a set back and we might be missing the first race at Christchurch. Skope Classic Ruapuna. Our containers have not been unloaded as the NZ authorities are the insisting the ship gets the Hull cleaned. I will keep you posted.
Merde!

Hopefully they get a few good Kiwi scrubbers on the cleanup job and the car gets there in good time.
What other events are you planning on doing in NZ?

Best of luck and everything crossed for you.

Edit: It seems the locals there are worried about bio-fouling. Its been law for about 5 years now, but the authorities tried to educate shipping companies of risk and ways to minimise. Then Covid hit and since NZ opened up again they have got tough on it. Its affecting cruise liners as well. Article linked.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-...-halts-voyages

Last edited by E.B; 17 Jan 2024 at 08:13. Reason: Added info and link
Old 17 Jan 2024, 11:46 (Ref:4192168)   #3
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Our containers have not been unloaded as the NZ authorities are the insisting the ship gets the Hull cleaned. I will keep you posted.
I have a friend who moved from the UK to Perth, Australia a few years back and he took the contents of his workshop which included several mini engines and a BDA along with associated parts all crated up and when the crate was unloaded the whole lot had to be clinically disinfected and treated before the authorities would allow transportation from the dockside.
Old 17 Jan 2024, 12:11 (Ref:4192169)   #4
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
the crate was unloaded the whole lot had to be clinically disinfected and treated before the authorities would allow transportation from the dockside.
Did this apply to Delta as well
Old 17 Jan 2024, 12:12 (Ref:4192170)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I have a friend who moved from the UK to Perth, Australia a few years back and he took the contents of his workshop which included several mini engines and a BDA along with associated parts all crated up and when the crate was unloaded the whole lot had to be clinically disinfected and treated before the authorities would allow transportation from the dockside.
I can remember whenever I arrived back in Australia, before anyone was allowed to stand and get your cabin luggage they would turn off the aircon and the crew would open all the lockers and then walk the aisles with an aerosol in each hand spraying at the lockers and all the passengers with an insecticide disinfectant. Only when that was completed and the mist subsided were the doors opened and passengers could then clear their overhead lockers and embark. Sometimes they wouldnt bother with the locker opening and in effect just spray the people

I remember the first time I flew into Aus thinking what the hell......

(They dont do it now. They did I seem to recall, until the turn of this century though.)

Just realised I set myself for a jibe from Bob by saying whenever I arrived in Aus. It was for anyone not just me!

Edit: Found a pic

Last edited by E.B; 17 Jan 2024 at 12:29. Reason: added pic
Old 17 Jan 2024, 13:41 (Ref:4192174)   #6
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As if I would.
Old 17 Jan 2024, 15:31 (Ref:4192191)   #7
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Remember being surprised by that spraying the first time we went to Oz.....and having to gobble down the fruit they'd given us on the plane because we weren't allowed to bring it into the country.....
Old 17 Jan 2024, 15:57 (Ref:4192201)   #8
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Just realised I set myself for a jibe from Bob by saying whenever I arrived in Aus. It was for anyone not just me!
Yes, yes, of course… You and flying stewardesses!
Old 17 Jan 2024, 18:02 (Ref:4192213)   #9
ridaow
Rookie

ridaow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many years ago while running a temporary onshore drilling operation in a remote part of Western Australia we had the Darwin customs officers temporarily impound a critical string of imported 20 inch oilfield casing until we arranged its fumigation. Their concern was risk of infestation within the open ended still pipe which had arrived as deck cargo from Japan. This resulted in an expensive suspended drilling programme until the casing was released by customs. A totally unrelated customs story relates to my time in Pakistan when customs refused to allow the importation of wellhead "Christmas Trees" (wellhead valve string) as we were advised that Pakistan grew its own Christmas Trees! We finally sorted this out.
Old 17 Jan 2024, 18:53 (Ref:4192219)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Not looking good is it . If and when containers get unloaded we will still have to get all the cars and spares through customs . Hey Ho . Much easier when we go to South Africa .
Old 18 Jan 2024, 13:30 (Ref:4192295)   #11
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Remember being surprised by that spraying the first time we went to Oz.....and having to gobble down the fruit they'd given us on the plane because we weren't allowed to bring it into the country.....
Surely if you ate all the fruit, you had to take it into the country??
Old 18 Jan 2024, 13:53 (Ref:4192298)   #12
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Surely if you ate all the fruit, you had to take it into the country??

That has always struck me as absolutely stupid ( I understand the concern about commercial amounts and/or large quantities packed in luggage). I can only assume that that they believe that someone taking in the odd apple or whatever that they were given on the plane is going to be thrown away somewhere that it may or might affect the country's own agriculture rather than being placed in a proper waste bin.

Again I assume that they are not concerned that the end result of fruit, etc. going through a body and being flushed through the sewer system would damage their agriculture. However, what would happen if said passenger was caught short on their journey and had to defecate behind a convenient bush by the roadside?
Old 18 Jan 2024, 23:20 (Ref:4192390)   #13
raspritz
Rookie

raspritz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scrubbing

I'm part of a European FJ group participating in the Southern Invitational as well, and our ship is going through the same disinfection nonsense. We may also miss at least the Ruapuna race.
Old 19 Jan 2024, 08:21 (Ref:4192411)   #14
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I imported a race car into Australia from Singapore. I had it cleaned before it left Singapore. On arrival in Australia I was required to clean it again.
Its not hard to figure out whats going on!
Old 19 Jan 2024, 09:22 (Ref:4192416)   #15
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
You’re down as Rich on the thread . Hope that’s OK.?
Old 19 Jan 2024, 12:04 (Ref:4192432)   #16
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
You’re down as Rich on the thread . Hope that’s OK.?
Is that a name or a description, Delta?
Old 19 Jan 2024, 13:09 (Ref:4192439)   #17
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
They are afraid of the racing virus?
Old 19 Jan 2024, 16:22 (Ref:4192467)   #18
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Rich is raspritz . Flipping eck . ?
Old 19 Jan 2024, 16:45 (Ref:4192477)   #19
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Rich is raspritz . Flipping eck . ?
And E.B Chris is Dave. Easy!
Old 19 Jan 2024, 19:03 (Ref:4192492)   #20
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Look Raspitz is Rich and EB will always be Dave. Simple
Old 19 Jan 2024, 19:09 (Ref:4192493)   #21
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Roger, I copy this, George.
Old 19 Jan 2024, 19:45 (Ref:4192499)   #22
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Roger, I copy this, George.
No Jeremy, Delta is Ian, not George.
Old 20 Jan 2024, 07:35 (Ref:4192548)   #23
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Roger! Tks, Jean-François.
Old 22 Jan 2024, 20:31 (Ref:4192940)   #24
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any news on the barnacles Iain
Old 22 Jan 2024, 21:12 (Ref:4192946)   #25
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbob View Post
Any news on the barnacles Iain
Iain has an appointment with the NHS clinic at Heathrow to remove them before he flies out.