Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will replace Bairdo in the main series seat at TKR in 2005?
Andy Booth 1 1.23%
Fabian Coulthard 11 13.58%
John McIntyre 2 2.47%
Alan Gurr 14 17.28%
Matt Halliday 2 2.47%
Andrew Jones 1 1.23%
Mark Porter 20 24.69%
Paul Radisich 19 23.46%
Jason Richards 1 1.23%
Simon Wills 2 2.47%
Alex Yoong 4 4.94%
Anybody else? 4 4.94%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Oct 2004, 23:43 (Ref:1122742)   #101
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
105Octane: As the bottle of Inner Circle rum empties, maybe you will become 98Octane.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 00:02 (Ref:1122753)   #102
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Evo just thought it might take some creative accounting to get some of the drivers who do not have the money to pay so you might have an inside line. Whats your opinion on the overseas drivers then would love to hear
Old 13 Oct 2004, 00:09 (Ref:1122759)   #103
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by flyingduck
Sorry Evo just thought it might take some creative accounting to get some of the drivers who do not have the money to pay so you might have an inside line. Whats your opinion on the overseas drivers then would love to hear
Ideally a kiwi, but as I told David John, get the right person for the job, if they are not a kiwi well thats fine.
The objective is to keep TKR moving forward in the championship.

There are some good kiwi drivers out there but availablity appears to be the issue. Mr Coulthard is a case in point ideal candidate, but not sure of his availabilty.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 01:57 (Ref:1122805)   #104
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Mr Keener should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Evo do you think a team owned by an Australian racing in Australia and possibly driven by an Australian will continue to encourage support from corporate New Zealand and the kiwi public.Where would the Kiwi part be in Team Kiwi Racing.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 02:23 (Ref:1122817)   #105
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Keener
Evo do you think a team owned by an Australian racing in Australia and possibly driven by an Australian will continue to encourage support from corporate New Zealand and the kiwi public.Where would the Kiwi part be in Team Kiwi Racing.
What is your problem? On the basis of your argument Keener, Scott Dixon is Australian. Get over it. Why knock David for actually doing it? He happily resides in Auckland.

and at the end of the day Team Kiwi Racing remains more kiwi than any other pretenders to the throne who claim to be "kiwi" teams. (As some seem to also be "Sydneys own")
Old 13 Oct 2004, 03:31 (Ref:1122831)   #106
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sigh........In an ideal World.........sigh, Looks like it's GOT to be Shuey then.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 05:43 (Ref:1122881)   #107
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Quote:
What is your problem?

Wasnt particularly aware I had an obvious one and I wasnt arguing.Just wondering what your view was as to the future with a possible diminishing kiwi content in the team.Scratchy aren't we

Last edited by Mr Keener; 13 Oct 2004 at 05:45.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 05:48 (Ref:1122884)   #108
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Team Kiwi Racing remains more kiwi than any other pretenders to the throne who claim to be "kiwi" teams. (As some seem to also be "Sydneys own")

Keep up with the play man.Tasman is to be Melbourne based.Oh and I dont knock David for anything.As I keep saying done a very good job to date making it happen
Old 13 Oct 2004, 08:32 (Ref:1122958)   #109
105octane
Veteran

105octane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Just Do It!
105Octane: As the bottle of Inner Circle rum empties, maybe you will become 98Octane.
No way dude cant stand the stuff. 105Octane forever!!!
Old 13 Oct 2004, 09:28 (Ref:1122991)   #110
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is that due to the fact that Jason Bright is going there with Mr Harrop in an equity position?
Old 13 Oct 2004, 09:28 (Ref:1122992)   #111
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Evomike (SNIPPED...)
There are a number of quality drivers around who could step up, but with no V8 Experience it is hard to justify (No doubting their ability)

Jason Liefting
Johnny Reid
James Cressey

To name a few, in short sometimes you need to evolve your business, so maybe sometimes you need to make a decision that is difficult.
Jason Liefting was spotted at the front (or is it rear?) of the TKR garage during the weekend... SCOOP!!! Where is that Paul Gover when you need a beatup? Hold the front page of the Herald Sun

On a more serious note, it is good to see the passion of the TKR sponsor base... that they want what is best for the team, not hanging onto an idealogy of retaining Kiwi-ism just for the sake of it.

There are plenty of drivers around with the right experience levels... and with nationality no longer a barrier, the candidate list can be very very good

Who will win? hrug:
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Oct 2004, 09:34 (Ref:1122995)   #112
Just Do It!
Veteran

I wouldn't go laughing at Jason Liefting as much as you do, GTR. After all, the kid is having a go and has the ability.

I believe he is running a Formula Ford over here at Pukekohe this weekend and will likely do well.

If Fabian is indeed staying with Inner Circle/Tasman - and going by comments on here, that seems unlikely, then it comes down to whether TKR want a true talent, money, or elements of both.

All I will say is that Bairdo is under-rated.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 09:52 (Ref:1123008)   #113
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wasnt laughing at Mr Liefting at all... more at the absurdity of the situation where there is an embarassment of riches in the driving talent department for TKR, yet no journalist other than Mr Rowley in MN this week has even attempted to tackle the issue in the press.

I dont know whether it is because they dont bother to get to know the team or not....

... but both Mr John & Mr Collins are extremely approachable people... and easy to find if you wanted to find them... maybe laziness is a journalistic virtue?

I am sure Mr Coulthard will do well in Carrera Cup next year at GMR.. and probably pick up an enduro gig again with RHAMM Motorsports... its likely a strength of character positive to want to stick with the series you have done well in for the rookie year, with intentions of coming back in the new season with better equipment! Rather than jump straight into Supercar
Old 13 Oct 2004, 11:17 (Ref:1123076)   #114
105octane
Veteran

105octane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RHAMM Motorsports??????
Old 13 Oct 2004, 11:24 (Ref:1123083)   #115
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Well with all these directors, if you take the first letter from each surname...

Reed
Harrop
Ashby
Murphy
Miles..... or RHAMM... kinda fits the Kiwi thing too

I wonder how they will be able to make any decisions when the management structure is so top heavy

:confused:
Old 13 Oct 2004, 12:31 (Ref:1123136)   #116
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or RHAMMB.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 20:23 (Ref:1123629)   #117
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Team Kiwi Racing remains more kiwi than any other pretenders to the throne who claim to be "kiwi" teams. (As some seem to also be "Sydneys own")

Keep up with the play man.Tasman is to be Melbourne based.Oh and I dont knock David for anything.As I keep saying done a very good job to date making it happen
I am fully aware they are moving to Melbourne, I was quoting a press release from prior to Eastern Creek.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 21:53 (Ref:1123756)   #118
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Lovely.So back to the original question.Do you think the lessening of the homegrown presence will affect corporate and public support in NZ or life goes on and its business as usual? :confused: :confused:
Old 13 Oct 2004, 22:07 (Ref:1123777)   #119
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Lovely.So back to the original question.Do you think the lessening of the homegrown presence will affect corporate and public support in NZ or life goes on and its business as usual? :confused: :confused:
Well it is all irrelevant until a decision has been made. I don't believe it to be an issue given Holden NZ's posistion with Tasman, so really you know the answer to that yourself Keener. It doesn't concern the current sponsors including myself. What is important is moving up the grid, given the marked improvement in performance by TKR in Australia all sponsors have agreed that the year off the NZ Championship is worth it. TKR will be back next season in NZ. Good luck to Nick Ross for this season.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 09:43 (Ref:1124058)   #120
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Quote:
Well it is all irrelevant until a decision has been made. I don't believe it to be an issue given Holden NZ's posistion with Tasman, so really you know the answer to that yourself Keener. It doesn't concern the current sponsors including myself. What is important is moving up the grid, given the marked improvement in performance by TKR in Australia all sponsors have agreed that the year off the NZ Championship is worth it. TKR will be back next season in NZ. Good luck to Nick Ross for this season.
What has Tasman got to do with it? Cool, I'm with you if the sponsors and those that count have no concerns and they are able to move up the grid everything is peachy.Why do you assume I would know?

Last edited by Mr Keener; 14 Oct 2004 at 09:49.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 11:02 (Ref:1124147)   #121
Just Do It!
Veteran

Despite denials by several parties, Keener, it seems that Tasman have been receiving more than modest support from Holden NZ and HSV NZ, although some of GTR's interesting comments about who pays for what might make you wonder if this is the real deal.

Mr Richards, if I am correct, receives support from Holden NZ or HSV NZ, or both.

TKR gets told to get rid of Hyundai CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT and then gets nothing from Holden NZ - including (and it may have been remedied and I missed it) the monies owing from winning the NZ V8 Series.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 19:20 (Ref:1124617)   #122
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
What has Tasman got to do with it? Cool, I'm with you if the sponsors and those that count have no concerns and they are able to move up the grid everything is peachy.Why do you assume I would know?
They have pledged their support and are contributing to the coffers of the "Kiwi Supercar team" Tasman motorsport......
Old 15 Oct 2004, 04:55 (Ref:1124917)   #123
lowndes6
Racer

lowndes6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i have heard from a very good contact that Team Kiwi are currently speaking to a few Queensland based drivers for next year.
Old 17 Oct 2004, 06:13 (Ref:1126451)   #124
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
I am quite fascinated by the results of this pole, Porter is the clear favorite, yet no one has really posted why he should get the drive? Any one care to elaborate? I find it interesting that his average lap time at Bathurst was the slowest of all those in the pole, and some 5 seconds a lap slower than radisich and the gap between Gurr and Porter is not much smaller than that either
Old 17 Oct 2004, 07:04 (Ref:1126468)   #125
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Why should he get the drive? I thought the answer was obvious... the financial contribution accompanied by the financial contribution should aid and abett the financial contribution.

Is Mr Porter as quick as Mr Baird? No... not by a fair stretch... but he remains on a learning curve, which a season in a PMM VY Aurora in V8Lites would have provided...

The magical question here however is that if Mr Porter doesnt get the gig, will he up stumps and take that Hyundai money somewhere else to achieve a main series drive