Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 7 Nov 2004, 11:44 (Ref:1146632)   #1
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 'Halo 2' thread

Halo is the defining game of the Xbox console, no doubt about it. Halo 2 is set to better that, and become the biggest console game of '04 (perhaps GT4 may challenge...)

Who is going to get a copy of Halo 2?

(I am)
Old 7 Nov 2004, 15:22 (Ref:1146692)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have got one on pre-order so hopefully should arrive Thursday.......

There are copies selling on eBay for dum prices, like $250, just to be able to play a few days earlier.

madness.
Old 7 Nov 2004, 15:37 (Ref:1146703)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My brother is getting it.
Old 8 Nov 2004, 22:17 (Ref:1148028)   #4
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, but my pre-order hasn't been sent yet so I'm not sure I'll get it thursday .

By the way, here's the first review... 9.4/10...
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/...hp_flashtop_bg

Last edited by Damon; 8 Nov 2004 at 22:19.
Old 9 Nov 2004, 17:24 (Ref:1148721)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Where'd you order from damon?

I ordered the metal box version off Amazon and it arrives Thursday (reportedly!)....also, our local Woolworths is releasing it on Thursday....
Old 9 Nov 2004, 19:10 (Ref:1148870)   #6
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can someone explain me what is Halo? I used to be a free man, got married, became a pet - so I am asking out of curiosity.

Thanks,

Muzza
Game-challenged forum member
Old 9 Nov 2004, 19:46 (Ref:1148904)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
Where'd you order from damon?

I ordered the metal box version off Amazon and it arrives Thursday (reportedly!)....also, our local Woolworths is releasing it on Thursday....

You've obviously got too much bloody money mate!
Old 9 Nov 2004, 19:48 (Ref:1148907)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It's there to spend!
Old 10 Nov 2004, 09:25 (Ref:1149288)   #9
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I ordered the metal box version too, from play.com. It was sent tuesday afternoon so there's not a hope in hell I'll get it tomorrow (release day).

Muzza, Halo is the best FPS game EVER! It's superb and will be draining my free over the next few weeks (if it arrives).
Old 10 Nov 2004, 16:45 (Ref:1149643)   #10
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My brother's inviting all his friends round, and he asked me to get my mates round too, and we're just gonna spend all of tomorrow evening playing multiplayer LOL.
Old 10 Nov 2004, 16:58 (Ref:1149659)   #11
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Bar-steward!
Old 10 Nov 2004, 18:15 (Ref:1149711)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Mine was despatched today.....roll on tomorrow.
Old 11 Nov 2004, 00:51 (Ref:1149983)   #13
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, Damon,

Thanks for your reply, but what is an FPS game?

I recognize my question is extremely basic...

Cheers,

Muzza
Old 11 Nov 2004, 12:03 (Ref:1150310)   #14
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
No probs. FPS stands for "First persion shooter". You basically play from the 1st person perspective (in the eyes of the person you're controlling) and shoot at stuff. Although is a little more complicated than I've made that sound!
Old 11 Nov 2004, 12:10 (Ref:1150319)   #15
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I've decided I can't wait til the damn thing arrives from play.com so I'm gonna pop into town and pick one up there in the mean time and take it back when the mail order one arrives. Naughty I know, but I'm desperate here!
Old 11 Nov 2004, 12:48 (Ref:1150344)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh for gawd's sake, get a grip you guys..........
Old 11 Nov 2004, 17:07 (Ref:1150607)   #17
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
My brother's didn't arrive. A quick investigation revealed the credit card on which it was ordered had in the intervening period expired so the order was cancelled
Old 11 Nov 2004, 18:55 (Ref:1150744)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Ouch.

Well, got mine, and I'm struggling. I haven't played Halo for ages and my reactions are pathetic at this point as i struggle to aim at enemies.

It is stunning though.....apart from a little cut scene judderiness.

It's one of those games that starts off brilliant and simply gets better and better and better!
Old 11 Nov 2004, 21:02 (Ref:1150894)   #19
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Oh for gawd's sake, get a grip you guys..........
Read your own signature!
This is no worse than us 'racing' in a league.

Last edited by pirenzo; 11 Nov 2004 at 21:03.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 09:25 (Ref:1151295)   #20
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Well mine actually arrived in time to my amazement and oh my god it's superb. I only had chance to play for about an hour but if it keeps this up then I'm going to be blown away.
Old 13 Nov 2004, 04:29 (Ref:1152187)   #21
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
what is the basic premise of the story? And is the story line interesting enough and/or a challenge, or is it mostly shooting only?
Old 14 Nov 2004, 13:34 (Ref:1153210)   #22
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just finished it on Heroic. Talk about an anti-climax...
Old 2 Dec 2004, 20:58 (Ref:1170216)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The biggest gaming dissapointment of my life.

Period.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 17:48 (Ref:1171477)   #24
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
What you on about Knowlsey, I don't know what you were expecting but I loved Halo 2 from start to finish, currently playing it through for a second time actually and sure to go for a third run through over Christmas. The ending was more annoying than disappointing but great stuff none the less.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 17:58 (Ref:1171489)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It just isn't terribly exciting to me. I found Halo 1 more fun. In fact, I'm playing that right now.

Halo 2 looks fabulous and is impressive, but the old X-factor has been lost for me. I can't explain what it is.

It took me ages to get into the game, I never played it for periods of more than an hour and the ending was abrupt and shat.

I guess GTA San Andreas has raised my expectations of games to astronomical levels, but still it should have been better.