Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 12 Dec 2004, 11:16 (Ref:1177528)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
SCC - Spa 24 Hour Carset - Help Please?

Yesterday I downloaded the Spa 24 Hour carset for SCC. But I can't get it to work. The 24 hour option appears in the main opetions screen, but when I try to select a car there are none there........ The readme in the rars is useless, purporting to be for the experienced user only.......

Anyone got this working?

I can't go to RSC as that seems to have been offline all weekend.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 12 Dec 2004 at 16:42.
Old 12 Dec 2004, 18:32 (Ref:1177719)   #2
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Spa 24 set was only issued as is and many people complained that it was too difficult to get working. I remember reading through the post on it but no one would say how to get it working using the SCC launcher. I finally got it to work by loading as its own mod in F1C i.e. adding the spa24.ini to the short cut command line. You also have to set up the tracks by adding spa24h to the track GDB files.

I printed off two pages of instructions when i tried it a few months ago. I'll try and dig them out and scan them at work tommorow. can i post images?

Only tried them at silverstone but the handling was a bit strange.
Old 12 Dec 2004, 18:41 (Ref:1177724)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting. You can't post images, I'm afraid. But would you be able to email me with instructions as word docs if I give you my email addy?
Old 12 Dec 2004, 18:56 (Ref:1177731)   #4
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Err... if i can find them, had a bit of a clearout so cant actually remember what i did with them.
Old 12 Dec 2004, 19:21 (Ref:1177741)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Don't worry too much about it. I've managed to import some of the cars into SCC generally, although I'm now getting CTDs.......
Old 13 Dec 2004, 13:18 (Ref:1178213)   #6
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
When I tried using the create a season part in the launcher i could never see the cars to select them.

For info heres a very abridged version from looking through my install to create a standalone version.
1. Extract to a seperate folder.
2. I renamed the save dir to spa24Save. I think you also rename the player dir and the PLR and GAL files.
3. copy all the folders into the F1C folder.
4. edit the spa24hrs.ini file to reflect the save dir and you graphics settings.
5. The mod uses SCC as a filter in the track gdb files but the SCC mod uses sdb files! Edit the track gdb files that you want to play with the SCC filter.
6. Create a shortcut to the F1C exe and add, config=spa24hrs.ini after it.

I think that was all, though there is feeling like i've missed something. You might have to edit the PLR file to reflect the opponent no. but i'm not sure.

Hopes this helps in some way.
Old 31 Dec 2004, 18:27 (Ref:1190690)   #7
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://rsc.vadertrophy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=349

This thread on the Temp RSC might help some people out, I had the same trouble with the carset myself... although I haven't attempted these instructions yet.
Old 31 Dec 2004, 18:37 (Ref:1190693)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Frankly, I can't be bothered with it anymore......

(But thanks anyway )