Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 24 Dec 2004, 11:46 (Ref:1187372)   #1
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Non F1 GPL?

Are there any non-F1 GPL cars out there?
Old 24 Dec 2004, 11:52 (Ref:1187375)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just two Garry, the Gulf GT40 and the Lancia Stratos - although other sports cars such as the 917 have been in gestation for what seems a very long time.

I'm not sure about links to them though.......
Old 24 Dec 2004, 12:11 (Ref:1187390)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There are some very ancient F2, 3, 5000 and USAC cars out there....

The GT40 and Stratos are probably the best that have been released, but they were both hosted on an RSC sub-site, and with RSC being down its unavailable.
Old 24 Dec 2004, 14:40 (Ref:1187476)   #4
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish someone would make a Formula Ford one, I mean 1967 was the first year of formula ford and there was only one car available, the Lotus 51 and only two teams, Jim Russell and Motor Racing Stables. It cant be that hard for the computer genii to make up.
Old 24 Dec 2004, 14:44 (Ref:1187478)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, but its the physics, not the model that's the key, surely?
Old 24 Dec 2004, 14:50 (Ref:1187482)   #6
Jeffrey-Lee
Racer

Jeffrey-Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty sure I saw screenshots of a Ferrari P4 in GPL, can't check cuz RSC is down.
Old 24 Dec 2004, 15:05 (Ref:1187488)   #7
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The physics would be very similar to the ones on the Lotus 25 from the 1965 mod. The 51 is a very similar design but they would have to change the engine and torque curve to make it realistic.
Old 24 Dec 2004, 15:08 (Ref:1187489)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I doubt that anyone will be adjustinbg physics tio suit, but maybe someone could come up with a 51 for the 65 mod?
Old 24 Dec 2004, 15:13 (Ref:1187492)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well after reading the screenshots thread it looks the 917 is going to be realesed very very soon. I might have to dig out GPL again and get re-installed.
Old 24 Dec 2004, 15:15 (Ref:1187497)   #10
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmm, I was hoping to make the game like the film Le Mans, a 917 and a GT40 would help!

Cheers.
Old 24 Dec 2004, 15:31 (Ref:1187521)   #11
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
what about a furry 512?

What I really want is a Vee!
Old 24 Dec 2004, 17:41 (Ref:1187564)   #12
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The problem with making mods for GPL is the physics are not easily edited, they weren't suppoed to be, quite the opposite in fact. With such a hard game, you'd want to make it difficult to hack to deter cheaters.

What the general process is now for making mods for GPL is that someone has to produce the carset, and then the one or two people in the know (literally only 1 or 2, I think its Richard Cooke and Phil Flack (Guru)) will make the physics for it.
Currently proposed or in progress mods are:

F1 '69 (nearest to completion)
Sportscar '66/67 (GT40, Chaparall 2F, Ferrari 330 P4 built, and in testing)
Sportscar '70 (Porsche 917K soon to be released)
Caterhams (original test mule for altering physics I think, someone started making the car)
F1 '66 (carset already in existance, but no work on physics as yet because too similar to '67 to be worth it)
Tasman '68 (first attempt at physics completed, no cars)
USAC '67 (no cars or physics AFAIK)

Last edited by pirenzo; 24 Dec 2004 at 17:45.
Old 24 Dec 2004, 22:22 (Ref:1187667)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
So now you know!
Old 25 Dec 2004, 01:31 (Ref:1187714)   #14
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just quickly how close is Indycar Ledgends to being done?

And it sucks that RSC is down, now that me and my mates have LFS we wanted to join ARSE

Last edited by Hazza; 25 Dec 2004 at 01:33.
Old 25 Dec 2004, 11:50 (Ref:1187790)   #15
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oi P, how dare you miss out the 1955 and 1937 (Grand Prix Titans) mods?!?!

There are one or two very nice looking cars for the Indy mod ('67 Swiss Racing Lotus and '68 Hawk), but most effort is being concentrated on the circuits atm I believe.
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 25 Dec 2004, 11:58 (Ref:1187792)   #16
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Where can you get the Indy mod?
Old 25 Dec 2004, 12:19 (Ref:1187795)   #17
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is (was) a forum for it on RSC, most of the developments show up there.
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 25 Dec 2004, 13:03 (Ref:1187807)   #18
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I can't believe I forgot the '37 and '55 mods LOL

DF, try looking for the old Indy mod here

The new one has been underway for about 18 months. Last I heard they hadn't found anyone willing to do the carset, but all the menu graphics and other minor stuff is done I believe.
I think it'll be a good while yet.

The next to be released will be the '69 mod. It will probably be out in the next 2 to 6 months, the others are all more than a year away I should think.

Merry Xmas all.
Old 25 Dec 2004, 22:16 (Ref:1187913)   #19
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Speaking of mods, here's one nobody knew was coming!!!

THUNDER CARS MOD beta

600bhp? 230mph? Sounds mad lol.

Basically from what I can gather a one make series, so all the cars have identical physics. Fantasy of course.

SCREENIES (download at same link)

Last edited by pirenzo; 25 Dec 2004 at 22:18.
Old 25 Dec 2004, 23:04 (Ref:1187925)   #20
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thunder mod sounds interesting, downloaded it now. Can't really be bothered playing about with it at the moment, save it for tommorow...
Old 25 Dec 2004, 23:32 (Ref:1187928)   #21
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Its damned fast. I've not DL'd it yet, but Gazork0 on the RSC temp forums has done a 7:46 at the ring in them, which is 20 seconds faster than his '67 PB.
Old 26 Dec 2004, 01:04 (Ref:1187938)   #22
Arturo Pereira
Rookie

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Arturo Pereira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7L, V8 engines, top speed at Talladega, with the proper gearings, 230mph+ .... if you like strong emotions ...
Old 2 Jan 2005, 23:47 (Ref:1191943)   #23
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
CAN-AM

Doesn't look much, yet, but damn, I can't wait

Last edited by pirenzo; 2 Jan 2005 at 23:50.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 17:40 (Ref:1192284)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
They're gorgeous cars. Before my time, in a sense, but I always loved watching them in the historic championships 20 years or so ago. Can't wait for the mod