Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 3 Jan 2005, 01:23 (Ref:1191983)   #1
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Logitech Momo racing

I've been using a Microsoft Sidewinder racing wheel (not force feedback) for 3 years or so but I'm considering making the switch to FFB wheel. I'm pleased with my current wheel so getting a Sidewinder FFB wheel would sound natural but they're quite expensive.

Someone is selling me a brand new Logitech Momo racing wheel and I was wondering if anyone here has any experiences with it that can be shared.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 11:46 (Ref:1192128)   #2
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, I've no experience with that particular wheel, but I'm told its not a bad wheel. Its always fallen in the shadow of the Logitech Momo Force, but still, as an all rounder its OK. I believe it has a stick shift too?
I think however it also has some reliablility issues.

Ayse is the Logitech guru around here, he probably knows better

I do have experience of the Sidewinder FF wheel, its a good wheel, but in comparison with the MOMO Force I have now, its vastly inferior.
I think the MOMO Racing is probably in around the same category, possibly not quite as good as the Sidewinder, but probably better value for money.

Last edited by pirenzo; 3 Jan 2005 at 11:48.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 12:45 (Ref:1192145)   #3
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i currently have a MSFF wheel .. i'm pleased with it for now .. but AFAIK it's not produced anymore ..

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Jan 2005, 15:13 (Ref:1192235)   #4
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
The MOMO Racing is a good all rounder. Some people have experienced problems with the pedal travel, but you can usually get around that with a software driver upgrade, or a blob of super glue if you want to take the pedal box apart.

Force feedback on them is brilliant, and the wheel itself is solid and reliable. I'd go for it..
Old 3 Jan 2005, 15:47 (Ref:1192242)   #5
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, now I'm in a real conflict. Someone is selling me a Microsoft Sidewinder force feedback wheel with less than a month's use and some warranty still left on it for something like 35% less than the Logitech Momo. I must say I'm tempted. What do you guys think?
Old 3 Jan 2005, 16:04 (Ref:1192246)   #6
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well . test it .. check that it has no problems .. try a game . and see how it feels ..

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Jan 2005, 16:07 (Ref:1192247)   #7
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was never impressed with any of Microsoft's gaming peripherals. I just bought the MOMO Racing wheel a week ago, and it's a very good product. Apparently the MOMO Force is a tough act to follow (I wouldn't know, as I have never tried the MOMO Force), but I'd say it's still the best wheel currently on the shelves. There are a couple of glitches out of the box, but the upgrades are readily available online.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 17:37 (Ref:1192280)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd always go for a Logitech - never used anything else.

But the early MOMO Racing wheels had a paddle problem. Make sure they're good and solid.